How to get Aadhar Card: Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identity number that can be obtained voluntarily by the citizens of India and resident foreign nationals who have spent over 182 days in twelve months immediately preceding the date of application for enrolment, based on their biometric and demographic data. The Aadhaar system provides single-source offline/online identity verification across the country for the residents. Once residents enrol, they can use their Aadhaar number to authenticate and establish their identity multiple times using electronic means or through offline verification, as the case may be. how to get aadhar card online
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Aadhaar Enrolment
- 3 To summarise, there are three approaches for enrolment:
- 4 Where to Enrol
- 5 Different forms of Aadhaar and their Features
- 6 FAQs
आधार एक 12 अंकों की विशिष्ट पहचान संख्या है जिसे भारत के नागरिक और निवासी विदेशी नागरिक स्वेच्छा से प्राप्त कर सकते हैं, जिन्होंने अपने बायोमेट्रिक और जनसांख्यिकीय डेटा के आधार पर नामांकन के लिए आवेदन की तारीख से ठीक पहले बारह महीनों में 182 दिन बिताए हैं। आधार प्रणाली निवासियों के लिए पूरे देश में एकल-स्रोत ऑफ़लाइन/ऑनलाइन पहचान सत्यापन प्रदान करती है। एक बार निवासियों का नामांकन हो जाने पर, वे इलेक्ट्रॉनिक माध्यमों का उपयोग करके या ऑफ़लाइन सत्यापन के माध्यम से, जैसा भी मामला हो, कई बार अपनी पहचान प्रमाणित करने और स्थापित करने के लिए अपने आधार नंबर का उपयोग कर सकते हैं।
The Aadhaar enrolment process includes visiting Enrolment Centre, filling out the enrolment form, getting demographic and biometric data captured, and submitting proof of Identity and address documents, before collecting an acknowledgement slip containing the Enrolment ID. Some Highlights of aadhar enrolment are:
- Aadhaar enrolment is free of cost.
- So you can go to any authorized Aadhaar enrolment centre anywhere in India with your proof of identity and proof of address documents
- UIDAI process accepts a wide range of PoI (Proof of Identity) and PoA (Proof of Address) documents. Then view the list of supporting documents. Hence common proofs of identity and address are election photo ID card, Ration card, passport and driving license.
- Photo ID cards like PAN cards and Govt ID cards are permissible for identity proof. Address proof documents also include water – electricity – Landline telephone bills for the last three months.
- In case you do not have the above common proofs, a Certificate of Identity having a photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar / Village Panchayat Head or Mukhiya or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)/ Superintendent/ Warden/ Matron/ Head of Institution of recognized shelter homes or orphanages etc./ MP or MLA or MLC or Municipal Councilor on UIDAI standard certificate format as prescribed by UIDAI for enrolment/update is also accepted as PoI.
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar / Village Panchayat Head or Mukhiya or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)/ Superintendent/ Warden/ Matron/ Head of Institution of recognized shelter homes or orphanages etc./ MP or MLA or MLC or Municipal Councilor on UIDAI standard certificate format as prescribed by UIDAI for enrolment/update is also accepted as valid PoA.
- Even if someone in a family does not have individual valid documents, the resident can still enrol if his/her name exists in the family entitlement document. In this case, the Head of Family in the entitlement document needs to be enrolled first with valid PoI & PoA document. The head of the Family can then introduce other members of the family while they are enrolling. UIDAI accepts many document types as Proof of Relationship. Please view the list of supporting documents.
- Where there are no documents available, residents may also take the help of Introducers available at the enrolment centre. The Introducers are notified by the Registrar. For further details please contact the office of the concerned Registrar.
To summarise, there are three approaches for enrolment:
Submission of one valid Proof of Identity (PoI) document and one valid Proof of Address(PoA) document
Head Of Family (Hof)-based
The Head of the family (HoF) may introduce family members by means of documents, which establish the Proof of Relationship (PoR).
- In the absence of valid Proof of Identity (PoI) document and a valid Proof of Address (PoA) document, an introducer’s service can be leveraged. So an introducer is a person appointed by the Registrar and should have a valid Aadhaar number.
- At the enrolment Centre, please fill in your personal details within the Enrolment Form. Your photo, fingerprints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrolment. You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrolment itself. You will get an acknowledgement slip with an enrolment number and other details captured during enrolment. Any correction in the enrolment data can be done within 96 hours of enrolment by visiting the enrolment centre with the acknowledgement slip.
- So you need to enrol only once, as multiple enrolments will result in rejections unless it is advised by UIDAI.
- The waiting time for Aadhaar may vary from 60-90 days after receipt of resident data packets in CIDR
Where to Enrol
Enrolment in all the states/UTs is being covered by UIDAI and the Office of the Registrar General of India (RGI). Therefore aadhaar Enrolment activities are being carried out exclusively by RGI along with the preparation of the National Population Register (NPR) in Assam and Meghalaya. So residents of all other states/UTs are required to enrol only at an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre/Aadhaar Camps or at any Permanent Enrolment Centre. how to get e aadhar card
Different forms of Aadhaar and their Features
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced various forms of Aadhaar from time to time for the convenience of residents:
Paper-based laminated letter with secure QR Code with Issue Date and Print Date. An aadhaar letter is sent to residents free of cost by ordinary post in case of new enrolment or mandatory biometric update. If the Aadhaar letter is lost or destroyed, the resident can order a reprint online at a cost of Rs. 50/- from UIDAI’s official website. Then reprinted Aadhaar letter is delivered to the resident by speed post.
eAadhaar is the electronic form of Aadhaar, digitally signed by UIDAI, having an Aadhaar secure QR code for offline verification with Issue Date and Download Date and is password protected. Resident can easily download eAadhaar/masked eAadhaar from UIDAI’s official website using a registered mobile number. The masked eAadhaar displays only the last 4 digits of the Aadhaar number. eAadhaar is generated automatically with every Aadhaar enrolment or update and it can be downloaded free of cost.
mAadhaar is an official mobile application developed by UIDAI which can be installed on mobile devices. The mAadhaar app is available on Google play store/iOS for downloading on the resident’s mobile device. It provides an interface for Aadhaar numbers holders to carry their Hence Aadhaar details as registered with CIDR which includes; Aadhaar numbers along with demographic information and photograph. It has Aadhaar secure QR code for offline verification. Like eAadhaar, mAadhaar is also generated automatically with every Aadhaar enrolment; or update and it can be downloaded free of cost.
Aadhaar PVC Card:
The aadhaar PVC Card is the latest form of Aadhaar introduced by UIDAI. Other than being easy to carry and durable; the PVC-based Aadhaar Card has a digitally signed Aadhaar secure QR code with; photographs and demographic details with multiple security features. It can be ordered online through; uidai.gov.in or resident.uidai.gov.in using an Aadhaar number, Virtual ID or Enrolment ID and paying a nominal charge of Rs. 50/-. Aadhaar PVC Card is delivered to the resident’s address by speed post.
आधार पीवीसी कार्ड यूआईडीएआई द्वारा पेश किया गया आधार का नवीनतम रूप है। ले जाने में आसान और टिकाऊ होने के अलावा; पीवीसी-आधारित आधार कार्ड में डिजिटल रूप से हस्ताक्षरित आधार सुरक्षित क्यूआर कोड है; कई सुरक्षा विशेषताओं के साथ तस्वीरें और जनसांख्यिकीय विवरण। इसे ऑनलाइन ऑर्डर किया जा सकता है; uidai.gov.in या Resident.uidai.gov.in आधार नंबर, वर्चुअल आईडी या नामांकन आईडी का उपयोग करके और रुपये का मामूली शुल्क देना। 50/-. आधार पीवीसी कार्ड स्पीड पोस्ट द्वारा निवासी के पते पर पहुंचा दिया जाता है। how to get new aadhar card
How can I get a new Aadhar card?
Aadhaar enrolment is free of cost. You can go to any authorized Aadhaar enrolment centre anywhere; in India with your proof of identity and proof of address documents. UIDAI process accepts a wide range of PoI (Proof of Identity) and PoA (Proof of Address) documents. View the list of supporting documents.
How can I print my Aadhar card?
- Visit the official UIDAI website.
- Then choose ‘Download Aadhar’ present under ‘My Aadhaar’.
- Select the Enrolment ID option.
- Enter your Enrolment ID number.
- Enter the captcha details provided.
- Select ‘Send OTP’ or ‘Enter a OTP’.
- Then click on the ‘Verify and Download’ option.
- Download your e-Aadhaar.
Is there any fee for the Aadhar card?
No, Aadhaar enrolment is totally free of cost therefore you need not pay anything at the enrolment centre
How can I get an Aadhar card without any documents?
Residents who do not have the required documents like proof of identity or; proof of address to apply for an Aadhaar card can enrol with the help of a pre-designated “Introducer”. So an “Introducer” is someone who is authorized, identified, and notified by the Registrar or Regional Offices.
Is PVC Aadhar card free?
An aadhaar letter is sent to residents free of cost by ordinary post in case of new enrolment; or mandatory biometric update. If the Aadhaar letter is lost or destroyed, the resident can order a reprint online at a cost of Rs. 50/- from UIDAI’s official website. how to get lost aadhar card without mobile number