How to Register Mobile Number in Aadhar Card: According to the Government of India, it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar with some of the documents and financial services, thereby making the Aadhaar card one of the most important proofs of identity in the country. how to register mobile number in aadhar card online In case you haven’t yet applied for an Aadhaar card, you must do so soon and get your mobile number registered in the Aadhaar card during the enrolment process.
By linking the Aadhaar with the financial services, the government can start transferring different subsidies under schemes like Pahal, DBT etc. into the bank account of the beneficiary directly. A confirmation message is sent to the registered mobile number for the same. You will not receive any such messages and won’t be able to track any benefits that you are eligible to receive, in case your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 How to Add Your Mobile Number to Aadhaar Card
- 3 How to Verify Aadhaar Mobile Number?
- 4 Steps to link Aadhaar with Mobile Number Offline
- 5 Why Should Register Your Mobile Number in Aadhar
- 6 Documents Required for Registering Your Mobile Number in Aadhaar
- 7 Linking Aadhaar with SIM for New Users
- 8 Verify Mobile Number with Aadhaar Through OTP
- 9 How to raise a request using registered mobile no?
- 10 FAQs
- 10.1 How to Register the Mobile Number with Aadhar Card First Time?
- 10.2 How Can the E-mail ID be Registered with an Aadhar card Online?
- 10.3 How Many Days Does it Take to Update a Mobile Number on an Aadhaar Card?
- 10.4 What is the Fee to Register Mobile Number with Aadhaar?
- 10.5 Can I Register Multiple Mobile Numbers with an Aadhaar Card Number?
- 10.6 What if A User is Not Getting Aadhaar OTP on His Registered Phone Number?
- 10.7 Is it Possible to Link Two Aadhaar Cards to the Same Mobile Number?
- 10.8 If My Mobile Number is Already Registered with Aadhaar, Should I Again Link My Mobile Number?
- 10.9 My Mobile Number is not registered with Aadhaar. Can I Avail Aadhaar Facilities Online?
भारत सरकार के अनुसार, अपने आधार को कुछ दस्तावेजों और वित्तीय सेवाओं से जोड़ना अनिवार्य है, जिससे आधार कार्ड देश में पहचान के सबसे महत्वपूर्ण प्रमाणों में से एक बन जाता है। यदि आपने अभी तक आधार कार्ड के लिए आवेदन नहीं किया है, तो आपको इसे जल्द ही करना होगा और नामांकन प्रक्रिया के दौरान अपना मोबाइल नंबर आधार कार्ड में पंजीकृत करवाना होगा। आधार को वित्तीय सेवाओं से जोड़कर, सरकार पहल, डीबीटी आदि योजनाओं के तहत विभिन्न सब्सिडी को सीधे लाभार्थी के बैंक खाते में स्थानांतरित करना शुरू कर सकती है। उसी के लिए पंजीकृत मोबाइल नंबर पर एक पुष्टिकरण संदेश भेजा जाता है। यदि आपका मोबाइल नंबर आधार के साथ पंजीकृत नहीं है, तो आपको ऐसा कोई संदेश प्राप्त नहीं होगा और आप प्राप्त होने वाले किसी भी लाभ को ट्रैक नहीं कर पाएंगे।how to check registered mobile number in aadhar card
How to Add Your Mobile Number to Aadhaar Card
There used to be an online facility to register your mobile number in Aadhaar through SSUP. Later, this facility was discontinued and now, the applicant has to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment or the Update centre to add or update his/her mobile number in Aadhaar. However the entire process takes almost 90 days for updation. Listed below are the steps to add your mobile number in Aadhaar:
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment or Update Centre
- Fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form
- Fill in your current mobile number that you want to update in your Aadhaar
- Submit the form and help them with your biometrics for authentication
- The executive will then hand over the acknowledgement slip to you
- This slip mentions an Update Request Number (URN)
- The Update Request Number can be used to track the status of your Aadhaar updation
- Once you update your mobile number in Aadhaar, you do not need to get another Aadhaar card
- You will start receiving Aadhaar OTPs for availing a number of facilities once your mobile number is registered with your Aadhaar
- To check the Aadhaar update status, you can also call UIDAI’s toll-free number 1947.
How to Verify Aadhaar Mobile Number?
Verifying your Aadhaar Mobile number is a simple and hassle-free process. Simply follow these steps to verify your Aadhaar to your mobile number instantly.
- Log in to the UIDAI website
- Select the ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’ option that is under the ‘Aadhaar Services’ drop down
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, email-id, mobile number and the security code
- Enter the OTP
- Click on the ‘Verify OPT’ option
- A green tick will be displayed, if the verification is successful
- Visit the nearest telecom operator’s store
- Carry a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card as well
- Provide your mobile number to the executive
- The telecom operator will send an OTP to your mobile number -Submit your biometric data, i.e. thumb impression
- A confirmation message will be sent to you within 24 hours
- Reply with ‘Y’ to complete the process
Why Should Register Your Mobile Number in Aadhar
Multiple reasons promote the registration of an Aadhaar card with an individual’s mobile number. Some of them are-
- An OTP is sent to the registered mobile number, in order to avail of most of the facilities related to Aadhaar. The OTP should be provided in order to avail of the service, giving Aadhaar an added layer of security. So if your number is not linked with Aadhaar, you will not be able to avail these services.
- For availing of all kinds of online services related to Aadhaar, you have to get your mobile number registered with UIDAI.
- You will also have to provide the OTP sent to your mobile number so as to download your Aadhaar online.
- Alternatively, you can download the mAadhaar app and carry Aadhaar on your phone only when your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar.
Documents Required for Registering Your Mobile Number in Aadhaar
To update or register your mobile number in Aadhaar, as an applicant, you do not have to submit any documents. The only document that needs to be submitted is the Aadhaar update Form that contains your current mobile number, along with the required fee.
Linking Aadhaar with SIM for New Users
Users who wanted a new SIM needed to visit the nearest store of their mobile operators like Vodafone, Idea, etc. to get a new SIM with Aadhaar. Here are the steps that had to be followed for completing this process.
- Visit the mobile operator’s store
- Then request a new SIM
- Provide a copy of Aadhar for ID proof and address proof
- Use the Biometric Scanner to scan fingerprints and verify Aadhar
- A new SIM would be issued after completion of the verification process
- SIM would be activated approximately in an hour
Verify Mobile Number with Aadhaar Through OTP
The OTP-based method was used to verify mobile numbers online and offline. In both methods, the subscribers would receive an OTP on the registered mobile number. Below-mentioned is both methods.
How to raise a request using registered mobile no?
- Please visit https://uidai.gov.in or https://resident.uidai.gov.in
- Then click on “Order Aadhaar Card” Service.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number (UID) or 16 digits Virtual Identification Number (VID) or 28 digits Enrollment ID.
- Enter the security code
- So if you have TOTP, choose the option “I have TOTP” by clicking on the check box or else Click on the “Request OTP” button.
- Enter OTP/TOTP received on registered mobile number.
- Then click on the check box against “Terms and Conditions”. (Note: Click on the hyperlink to see details).
- Click on the “Submit” Button to complete OTP/TOTP verification.
- On the next screen, a preview of the Aadhaar details will appear for verification by the resident before placing the order for reprint.
- Click on “Make payment”. You will be re-directed to the Payment Gateway page with payment options such as Credit/Debit Card, Net Banking and UPI.
- After successful payment, a receipt will get generated with a digital signature which can be downloaded by a resident in PDF format. The resident will also get the Service Request Number via SMS.
- Resident can track the status of SRN till dispatch of Aadhaar Card on Check Aadhaar Card Status.
- SMS containing AWB number will also be sent once dispatched from DoP. The resident can further track delivery status by visiting the DoP website.
How to Register the Mobile Number with Aadhar Card First Time?
You have to visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre, mention your mobile number in the Aadhaar Enrolment Form and submit it to register your mobile number with Aadhaar. Then you have to pay a fee of ₹ 30 to avail of this service.
How Can the E-mail ID be Registered with an Aadhar card Online?
The facility for registering e-mail IDs and mobile numbers with Aadhaar has been discontinued by UIDAI. So you have to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre to avail this facility.
How Many Days Does it Take to Update a Mobile Number on an Aadhaar Card?
It takes around 90 days for the details to get updated in Aadhaar. However, a confirmation message will be sent to your mobile number after a successful registration.
What is the Fee to Register Mobile Number with Aadhaar?
In order to get any details updated, a fee of ₹ 30 is charged from the user per update.
Can I Register Multiple Mobile Numbers with an Aadhaar Card Number?
No, only one number can be registered with Aadhaar. However, the same mobile number can be registered with multiple Aadhaar cards.
What if A User is Not Getting Aadhaar OTP on His Registered Phone Number?
In case the user is not getting the OTP on the registered mobile number, he can check whether the number registered in the same by clicking on Verify Mobile Number at the UIDAI portal.
Is it Possible to Link Two Aadhaar Cards to the Same Mobile Number?
Yes, one mobile number can be linked with two Aadhaar cards. A person can link him as well as his family’s mobile number with Aadhaar.
If My Mobile Number is Already Registered with Aadhaar, Should I Again Link My Mobile Number?
You have to link your mobile number with Aadhaar only once. So you do not have to link the same mobile number with Aadhaar again and again
My Mobile Number is not registered with Aadhaar. Can I Avail Aadhaar Facilities Online?
You cannot avail online services if your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar. An OTP is sent to the registered mobile number of the user that has to be entered to avail of the online services. how to change registered mobile number in aadhar card