Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card: Aadhar Card has been made mandatory to avail of various services and to authenticate various documents. how to update mobile number in aadhar card online To avail of the online facilities related to Aadhaar, you need to register your mobile number with UIDAI which will be invited to send OTP for authentication. If you want to use the mAadhaar app, your mobile number must be registered with Aadhar. If your previous mobile number registered with UIDAI has been deactivated or you want to change your mobile number on your Aadhar card, you will have to visit the Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
विभिन्न सेवाओं का लाभ उठाने और विभिन्न दस्तावेजों को प्रमाणित करने के लिए आधार कार्ड अनिवार्य कर दिया गया है। आधार से संबंधित ऑनलाइन सुविधाओं का लाभ उठाने के लिए, आपको यूआईडीएआई के साथ अपना मोबाइल नंबर पंजीकृत करना होगा जिसे प्रमाणीकरण के लिए ओटीपी भेजने के लिए आमंत्रित किया जाएगा। अगर आप एमआधार ऐप का इस्तेमाल करना चाहते हैं तो आपका मोबाइल नंबर आधार के साथ रजिस्टर्ड होना चाहिए। यदि यूआईडीएआई के साथ पंजीकृत आपका पिछला मोबाइल नंबर निष्क्रिय कर दिया गया है या आप अपने आधार कार्ड पर अपना मोबाइल नंबर बदलना चाहते हैं, तो आपको आधार नामांकन केंद्र पर जाना होगा। how to update mobile number in aadhar card at home
How to Change Your Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
There are instances where people lose their mobile number or deactivate it due to some reason or the other. In case you have switched to a new mobile number, you can get it updated in UIDAI’s database.
Follow these simple steps to change your mobile number in Aadhaar:
- Go to a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Fill out the Aadhaar Update/Correction Form
- Submit the form to the Aadhaar executive
- Pay a fee of Rs. 50 for the service
- You will be given an acknowledgement slip that contains the Update Request Number (URN). The URN can use to check the status of your update request
- Your mobile number will be updated in Aadhaar’s database within 90 days
Steps to Add/Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
You can add your mobile number to your Aadhaar card and register it with UIDAI. All messages and OTPs regarding your Aadhaar will be sent to this very mobile number. Here’s how you can add/update your mobile number on your Aadhaar card:
- Visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Fill out the Aadhaar Enrolment Form
- Mention your mobile number in the form
- Submit the form to the executive
- Authenticate your details by providing your biometrics. You do not have to provide any document
- A fee of Rs. 50 has to pay to avail of this service
Note: In case you mention your mobile number at the time of enrolment, you do not need to register again. how to update my mobile number in aadhar card
How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card Online?
One can follow these steps to update their phone number with Aadhaar:
- Visit the online portal of UIDAI
- Insert the registered phone number that you wish to update before entering the required captcha code
- After clicking on the ‘Send OTP’ option, you’ll receive the OTP on your mobile
- Submit the OTP and move on to the next step
- From the ‘Online Aadhaar Services’ menu, choose an option that you want to update (your mobile number, in this case)
- Provide the necessary information and submit your phone number
- Once you redirect to the new page, enter the captcha code
- After completing the previous step, you will get an OTP on your phone
- Once you’re done verifying the OTP, click on the ‘Save and Proceed’ option
After following the steps mentioned above, book an appointment at the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra in the time schedule to pay a nominal charge and provide additional documents that might be required and complete this process.
What is the need of registering a mobile number on the Aadhar Card?
You have to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar card in case you want to avail services related to Aadhaar including:
- mAadhaar App
- All online Aadhaar facilities
- PAN card Application (New/Reprint)
- Mobile re-verification
- Mutual Fund linking with Aadhaar
- Umang App
- Online EPF claims and withdrawal
You can change as many mobile numbers in the Aadhaar database as you want but you have to pay the fee for updating it in Aadhaar every time you do so. The mobile number linked with Aadhaar enables a user to remain updated with the information of all subsidies received in the bank account and avail of online facilities using the OTP. Once the mobile number will update, all OTPs related to Aadhaar will be sent to this mobile number. You can enter this OTP at UIDAI’s portal to download your Aadhaar card online.
How to Verify Aadhaar Card Mobile Number?
Individuals can check their mobile number linked with their Aadhaar number at their convenience by following these below-mentioned steps:
- Sign in to UIDAI’s online portal
- Under the ‘Online Aadhaar Services’ dropdown menu, select the ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’ option
- Insert your Aadhaar number, registered mobile number, and email ID along with the security code to receive an OTP on your mobile phone
- Enter the OTP before clicking on the ‘Verify OTP’ option
- Once this verification process is complete, a green tick will display on the screen
In case individuals do not have their mobile number registered with their Aadhaar card, they will not be able to utilise the Aadhaar self-service update portal to update their phone number.
How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card Online without OTP?
To link your new mobile number with Aadhaar offline, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre/Aadhaar Seva Kendra. You can locate the same from UIDAI’s official website.
- Collect the Aadhaar card mobile number update form from the office and fill in the necessary details, including your new phone number.
- Contact the official who is responsible for updating your Aadhaar details and submit the form to him.
- Post biometric authentication, you will need to pay a nominal fee for the service.
- The executive will hand you the acknowledgement slip, which will have the Update Request Number (URN) on it.
- You can enter the URN on UIDAI’s website to track the status of your update request. Alternatively, you can also dial 1947. i.e. UIDAI’s toll-free number for the same purpose.
How to change Mobile Number in Aadhar Card with OTP
- Go to the official UIDAI website portal.
- Direct link https://uidai.gov.in/
- On the homepage, enter your mobile number and captcha code.
- Now select the tab “send OTP,” and enter the OTP by clicking the submit OTP option.
- The portal will display all Aadhaar services such as new enrolment and updated Aadhaar. Select the update tab to continue.
- The screen will open different options such as Name, Aadhaar number, resident type, and what you want to update.
- Enter all required details and select “mobile number’ under the option you want to update. Now select the proceed button.
- A new page will show requesting your mobile number and captcha code. Enter the mandatory details and click OTP. Next, enter the OTP received to verify the details, click save, and continue.
- Recheck the details, then click the submit button. The portal will send a confirmation message about your appointment id.
- Select the option “book appointment” to get a slot to make changes at the Aadhaar enrollment centre.
FAQs on Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar
Can I change my mobile number on my Aadhaar card online?
No, you cannot change your mobile number on your Aadhaar Card online. You need to visit the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra to change the mobile number.
No, it is mandatory to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar Card to make any Aadhaar changes online.
What are the charges for updating details on Aadhaar Card?
If you update one field or many, charges for the Aadhaar Update will be Rs. 100 (if you are also updating biometrics) and Rs. 50 (if only demographic details are being updated).
Do I need to submit any additional documents to change my mobile number with an Aadhaar card?
No, you don’t need to submit documents for updating your mobile number on your Aadhaar card. That said, you must remember to carry your Aadhaar card with you when visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
How to change the mobile number on an Aadhaar card with an old mobile number online?
To change an old mobile number linked with an Aadhaar card, you can visit the nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
Is it compulsory to change the mobile number in Aadhaar for availing of Aadhaar services?
As per rules of the government, individuals must update their mobile number in Aadhaar to be able to avail themselves of Aadhaar services.
No, it is not possible to link more than one phone number with a single Aadhaar card. can i update my mobile number in aadhar card online