Change Name in Aadhar Card: An Aadhar Card is a 12-digit unique identification number that is considered an essential document for proof of identity and proof of address. An Aadhaar Card is also required for availing of various government subsidies and benefits. However, it is of utmost importance that your Aadhaar Card is updated to avoid any delay. Follow the given steps below to update the Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number, and email id on the Aadhaar card online and offline by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre. how to change the name on the Aadhar card
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 What Details can be Updated in the Aadhaar Card Online?
- 3 How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
- 4 Update Aadhar Card Offline
- 5 What Details Can be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Offline?
- 6 Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre
- 7 Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for the Correction in Name
- 8 Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Updating or Correction
- 9 Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents for Updating or Correction
- 10 Supported Proof of Relationship (POR) Documents for Updating or Correction
- 11 FAQs on Change Name in Aadhar Card
आधार कार्ड एक 12 अंकों की विशिष्ट पहचान संख्या है जिसे पहचान के प्रमाण और पते के प्रमाण के लिए एक आवश्यक दस्तावेज माना जाता है। विभिन्न सरकारी सब्सिडी और लाभों का लाभ उठाने के लिए भी आधार कार्ड की आवश्यकता होती है। हालांकि, यह अत्यंत महत्वपूर्ण है कि किसी भी देरी से बचने के लिए आपका आधार कार्ड अपडेट किया जाए। आधार नामांकन/अपडेट केंद्र पर जाकर आधार कार्ड का पता, नाम, जन्मतिथि, मोबाइल नंबर और आधार कार्ड पर ईमेल आईडी को ऑनलाइन और ऑफलाइन अपडेट करने के लिए नीचे दिए गए चरणों का पालन करें। how to change father name in aadhar card
What Details can be Updated in the Aadhaar Card Online?
As per the latest developments, you can get your name (minor changes), date of birth, address, gender and language changed/updated in your Aadhaar card online through the official UIDAI website. You can also change/update your mobile number in your Aadhaar card online via the Indian Postal Service website.
Also, Read- Aadhar Card Application, How & Where to Enrol, Download e-Aadhar, FAQs… Read More
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
A person can change his/her address, name (minor changes), date of birth, gender and language on the Aadhaar card online. In order to change/update/correct the details of your Aadhaar card online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
- In the new window, click on “Login”
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, and captcha code and click on “Send OTP”
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database to login into your Aadhaar account
- Under Services, click on “Update Aadhaar Online” to update your name, gender, date of birth, address and language written on your Aadhaar card
- On the next page, click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”
- Choose the Aadhaar details that you want to update and click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”. However, do remember that there is a limit on the number of times you can make an update/ correction on your Aadhaar
- Now you can see your details as they currently exist on your Aadhaar card. Enter the details that you want to update/change and upload scanned copies of the supporting documents
- Check the preview of the newly added details and pay the online update fee of Rs. 50 (non-refundable) using debit/credit card or net banking.
After payment, an Update Request Number (URN) is generated that can be used to check the status of the Aadhaar update request. The update process usually takes up to 90 days to complete. Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card printed out.
Scholarship Gov In 2022, Mobile Tracker Number, CII Full Form, Typing Test Numbers, NFSA Ration Card Status Check, Lost Aadhar Card, Scholarship Gov In 2022, List of Auditoriums in Delhi.
Update Aadhar Card Offline
People who are not proficient in using the internet can update Aadhaar card details offline. For this, they have to visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra. You can find more details about such facilitation centres here.
What Details Can be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Offline?
Biometrics data can only be updated/changed by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. However, you can also update/change your mobile number and email id offline by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre
You can get details of your Aadhar card updated by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Here is how you can do it easily:
- Fill out the Aadhaar correction form i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf. Make sure you enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request and submit the Aadhar form along with documents.
- You need to pay a fee for every such visit to the Enrolment Centre for updates or corrections.
- You can get all your details including your biometric data, image, mobile number, etc. updated at the enrolment centre. how to change the name in the Aadhar card after marriage
- Moreover, you can also visit various banks to update your Aadhaar card. For example, the Axis Bank Aadhar card update allows you to make changes to your Aadhaar Card by visiting the nearest Axis bank branch.
- Note: Whether you update one field or many, charges for the Aadhaar Update will be Rs. 100 (if you are also updating biometrics) and Rs. 50 (if only demographic details are being updated).
Also, Read- Aadhar Card Download App, Download Print out, Points to Remember, FAQs… Read More
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for the Correction in Name
|Passport||PAN Card||ECHS Photo Card|
|Voter Identification Card||Driving licence of the applicant||Photo identity cards issued by the Government of India|
|Service photo ID cards issued by PSUs||Legally approved name change certificate||Either Ration or PDS Photo card.|
|Licence of Arms||Photo Bank ATM card||Photo Credit Card|
|Photo Card of the Pensioner||Photo card of the Freedom Fighter||Photo Passbook of Kisan|
|Photo card of CGHS||Certificate of Marriage||Job card of NREGS|
|Applicant’s proof of marriage document issued originally by the marriage Registrar||A photo identification that is issued by some Recognised Educational Institution||Handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card|
|Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead and is issued by either the Gazetted Officer or the Tehsildar||Residing Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and photo that was originally issued by the Department of Posts|
Job Application, Free Computer Institute Registration in India, Computer Courses Franchise in India, Computer Centre Franchise in India, Computer Centre Franchise Opportunity in India.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Updating or Correction
|Account statement or passbook of the Post Office||Statement of the bank in which the applicant holds an account||Passbook of the bank where the applicant is an account-holder|
|Passport||Ration Card||Voter Identification Card|
|Driving licence of the applicant||Government-issued photo identity card||PSU issued Service photo ID card|
|Previous 3 months’ electricity bill||Water bill, not more than 3 months old||Previous three months’ telephone landline bill|
|Spouse’s or partner’s passport||Last three months’ Credit Card statement||Insurance Policy|
|Photo and a letter signed by the bank on letterhead||Signed letter and photo on the letterhead of the company issued by the registered office||Photo and signed letter issued by a well-known educational enterprise on their letterhead|
|Job card of NREGS||Arms License||Pensioner Card|
|Freedom Fighter Card||Kisan Passbook||CGHS card|
|Registered agreement for sale, lease or rent of the applicant’s residential address||Receipt showing the Property Tax of the last 3 months||Address Certificate issued by the Village Panchayat head or any authority equivalent to them for rural areas|
|Assessment order of the Income Tax||Registration certificate of vehicle||ECHS Card|
|Photo and address card by the Department of Posts||Caste and Domicile certificate along with a photo that the State Government has issued||For minors, parents’ passport is required|
|Address certificate along with a photo on their letterhead that is issued either by an MP, MLA, Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar||Previous 3 months’ bill of gas connection. Either a handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card that is issued by either a State Government, UT Government or any Administrations|
Also, Read- UIDAI Correction, Updation via Online/Offline, Documents Required, FAQs… Read More
Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents for Updating or Correction
|Birth Certificate||Certificate/SSLC Book||Passport of the Applicant|
|Pension Payment Order (Central or State)||PAN Card||Marksheet issued by a Government Board/University|
|Photo ID card containing DOB, issued by a recognized Educational Institution||An ID Card or certificate having a photo and DOB duly signed and issued by a Government authority||Government Photo Id Card or PSU issued ID card or Photo Identity Proof or which contains DoB|
|Date of birth Certificate on their letterhead issued by either the Tehsildar or the Gazetted Officer||Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photo Identity card or Central Government Health Service Scheme Photo Card||School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/School Transfer Certificate (TC) having a name and DOB|
|Extract of School Records issued by Head of School containing DOB, name and photo||Certificate of Identity containing name, date of birth and photograph issued by recognized Educational Institution signed by Head of Institute||Certificate of identity containing name, DOB and photograph issued by EPFO|
Supported Proof of Relationship (POR) Documents for Updating or Correction
|PDS Card||MNREGA Card||Marriage Certificate|
|Pension Card||Canteen Card of the Army||Passport of the Applicant|
|Any family entitlement document issued by any State or Central Government||Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth/Municipal Corporation or any local government body||Medical cards issued by the State Government, ECHS, CGHS and also ESIC|
|Address card having name and photo issued by Department of Posts||Bhamashah Card/Jan-Aadhaar card issued by Govt. of Rajasthan||Discharge card/slip issued by Government hospitals for the birth of a child|
|Certificate of Identity containing photo issued by MP/MLC/MLA/Gazetted Officer/Municipal Councillor||Certificate of Identity containing photo and relationship with HoF issued by Village Panchayat Head/Mukhiya/its equivalent authority (for rural areas)|
Also, Read- How to Link PAN Card with Aadhar, Benefits of Linking PAN & Aadhar, FAQs… Read More
FAQs on Change Name in Aadhar Card
Can I change my name on the Aadhar card myself?
You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). For other details updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center.
Can we correct the name on the Aadhar card online at home?
UIDIA allows users to update their Aadhaar card online using Self Service Update Portal (SSUP); however, there is a catch. You can only update your name, address, date of birth, and gender online. how to change the name in the Aadhar card online