UIDAI Correction: UIDAI is mandated to issue an easily verifiable 12-digit random number as Unique Identity – Aadhaar to all Residents of India. It is essential that your Aadhaar Data is correct and remains updated always. The Aadhaar system provides residents with single source offline/online identity verification across the country. Once residents enrol, they can use their Aadhaar number to authenticate and establish their identity multiple times using electronic means or through offline verification, as the case may be. uidai correction form
UIDAI Correction: यूआईडीएआई को भारत के सभी निवासियों के लिए एक विशिष्ट पहचान – आधार के रूप में आसानी से सत्यापन योग्य 12-अंकीय यादृच्छिक संख्या जारी करना अनिवार्य है। यह जरूरी है कि आपका आधार डेटा सही हो और हमेशा अपडेट रहता हो। आधार प्रणाली देश भर में निवासियों को एकल स्रोत ऑफ़लाइन/ऑनलाइन पहचान सत्यापन प्रदान करती है। एक बार निवासियों का नामांकन हो जाने पर, वे इलेक्ट्रॉनिक माध्यमों का उपयोग करके या ऑफ़लाइन सत्यापन के माध्यम से, जैसा भी मामला हो, कई बार अपनी पहचान प्रमाणित करने और स्थापित करने के लिए अपने आधार नंबर का उपयोग कर सकते हैं। uidai aadhar correction
Details can be Updated on the Aadhaar Card Online
As per the latest developments, you can get your name (minor changes), date of birth, address, gender and language changed/updated in your Aadhaar card online through the official UIDAI website. You can also change/update your mobile number in your Aadhaar card online via the Indian Postal Service website.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
A person can change their address, name (minor changes), date of birth, gender and language on the Aadhaar card online. In order to change/update/correct the details of your Aadhaar card online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
- In the new window, click on “Login”
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, and captcha code and click on “Send OTP”
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database to login into your Aadhaar account
- Under Services, click on “Update Aadhaar Online” to update your name, gender, date of birth, address and language written on your Aadhaar card
- On the next page, click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”
- Choose the Aadhaar details you want to update and click “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”. However, do remember that there is a limit on the number of times you can make an update/ correction on your Aadhaar
- Now you can see your details as they currently exist on your Aadhaar card. Enter the details that you want to update/change and upload scanned copies of the supporting documents
- Check the preview of the newly added details and pay the online update fee of Rs. 50 (non-refundable) using debit/credit card or net banking. uidai correction online
After payment, an Update Request Number (URN) is generated that can be used to check the status of the Aadhaar update request. The update process usually takes up to 90 days to complete. Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card printed out.
What Can Details be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Offline?
Biometrics data can only be updated/changed by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. However, you can also update/change your mobile number and email id offline by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre
You can get details of your Aadhar card updated by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Here is how you can do it easily:
- Fill out the Aadhaar correction form i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf. Make sure you enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request and submit the Aadhar form along with documents.
- You must pay a fee for every such visit to the Enrolment Centre for updates or corrections.
- You can get all your details including your biometric data, image, mobile number, etc. updated at the enrolment centre.
- Moreover, you can also visit various banks to update your Aadhaar card. For example, the Axis Bank Aadhar card update allows you to make changes to your Aadhaar Card by visiting the nearest Axis bank branch.
Note: Whether you update one field or many, charges for the Aadhaar Update will be Rs. 100 (if you are also updating biometrics) and Rs. 50 (if only demographic details are being updated).
Documents Required for Aadhar Card Updation/Correction (UIDAI Correction)
The documents that are required for updating/correcting the Aadhaar card are:
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for the Correction in Name
- PAN card
- ECHS Photo card
- Voter Identification card Driving licence of the applicant
- Photo identity cards issued by the Government of India
- Service photo ID cards issued by PSUs
- Legally approved name change certificate
- Either Ration or PDS Photo card.
- The licence of Arms
- Photo Bank ATM card
- Photo Credit card
- And photo card of the Pensioner Photo card of the Freedom Fighter Photo Passbook of Kisan
- Photo card of CGHS Certificate of Marriage
- Job card of NREGS
- Applicant’s proof of marriage document issued originally by the marriage Registrar
- A photo identification that is issued by some Recognised Educational Institution
- Handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card.
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead and is issued by either the Gazetted Officer or the Tehsildar. Residing Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and photo that was originally issued by the Department of Posts.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Updating or Correction
- Account statement or passbook of the Post Office
- Statement of the bank in which the applicant holds an account. Passbook of the bank where the applicant is an account-holder.
- Ration Card
- Voter Identification card
- Driving licence of the applicant
- Government-issued photo identity card
- PSU-issued Service photo ID card
- Previous 3 months’ electricity bill
- Water bill, not more than 3 months old
- Previous three months’ telephone landline bill
- Spouse’s or partner’s passport
- Last three months’ Credit Card statement
- Insurance policy
- Photo and a letter signed by the bank on letterhead
- Signed letter and photo on the letterhead of the company issued by the registered office
- Photo and signed letter issued by a well-known educational enterprise on their letterhead
- Job card of NREGS
- Arms licence
- Pensioner card
- Freedom fighter card
- Kisan passbook CGHS card
- Registered agreement for sale, lease or rent of the applicant’s residential address
- Receipt showing the Property Tax of the last 3 months
- Address Certificate issued by the Village Panchayat head or any authority equivalent to them for rural areas
- Assessment order of the Income Tax
- Registration certificate of vehicle
- ECHS card
- Photo and address card by the Department of Posts Caste and Domicile certificate along with a photo that the State Government has issued
- For minors, parents’ passports required
- Address certificate along with a photo on their letterhead that issued either by an MP, MLA, Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar
- Previous 3 months’ bill of gas connection.
- Either a handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card that issued by either a State Government, UT Government or any Administration
Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents for Updating or Correction
- Birth Certificate Certificate/SSLC Book
- Passport of the applicant
- Pension Payment Order (Central or State)
- PAN Card
- Marksheet issued by a Government Board/University
- Photo ID card containing DOB, issued by a recognized Educational Institution
- An ID Card or certificate having a photo and DOB duly signed and issued by a Government authority
- Government Photo Id Card or PSU issued ID card or Photo Identity Proof or which contains DoB
- Date of birth Certificate on their letterhead issued by either the Tehsildar or the Gazetted Officer
- Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photo Identity card or Central Government Health Service Scheme Photo Card
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/School Transfer Certificate (TC) having a name and DOB
- Extract of School Records issued by Head of School containing DOB, name and photo
- Certificate of Identity containing name, date of birth and photograph issued by recognised Educational Institution signed by Head of Institute
- Certificate of identity containing name, DOB and photograph issued by EPFO
Supported Proof of Relationship (PoR) Documents for Updating or Correction
- PDS Card
- MNREGA Job card
- Marriage Certificate
- Pension card
- Canteen card of the Army
- Passport of the applicant
- Any family entitlement document issued by any State or Central Government
- Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth/Municipal Corporation or any local government body Medical card issued by the State Government, ECHS, CGHS and also ESIC
- Address card having name and photo issued by Department of Posts Bhamashah Card/Jan-Aadhaar card issued by Govt. of Rajasthan Discharge card/slip issued by Government hospitals for the birth of a child
- Certificate of Identity containing photo issued by MP/MLC/MLA/Gazetted Officer/Municipal Councillor
- Certificate of Identity containing photo and relationship with HoF issued by Village Panchayat Head/Mukhiya/its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
FAQs on UIDAI Correction
Can I correct my Aadhar card online?
You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). For other details updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center.
Can I change my name on the Aadhar card by the 10th Marksheet?
If your father’s name is different on the Aadhar card and 10th class mark sheet then you should get it rectified. You can apply for rectification in your Aadhar card online mode through the official website: uidai.gov.in. You should contact the respective board officials for rectification in the mark sheet for the 10th board exams.
How many times can we change the name on the Aadhar card?
Update your demographic details like Name (Only Minor Changes allowed, Twice), Gender (Once), DoB (Once), and Address (No limit) online through #mAadhaarApp. Charges: ₹50 per request, more than one detail can be updated at once.
Can a person have 2 Aadhar cards?
Nobody can have multiple Aadhar cards Aadhar uses three biometric parameters to establish a user in their database. only one aadhar for one person throughout india. uidai gov in aadhar correction