How to Link PAN Card with Aadhar: The main purpose of a Permanent Account Number is to track and identify every financial transaction that an individual makes. It is issued by the Income Tax Department under the careful supervision of the CBDT or the Central Board for Direct Taxes. The most important job of a PAN is to ensure that every citizen does their duty of paying their taxes. how to link pan card with aadhar
An Aadhaar Card is a unique identification number of UID which has been issued by a central government agency operating in India called the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The government intends on keeping a database containing information about every registered citizen of India. In addition to a person’s personal information, it also collects their photograph, fingerprints and iris scans. With this system of information, it becomes very easy to identify an individual by simply cross-referencing their data with the data in the system.
How to Link PAN Card with Aadhar: एक स्थायी खाता संख्या का मुख्य उद्देश्य प्रत्येक वित्तीय लेनदेन को ट्रैक करना और पहचानना है जो एक व्यक्ति करता है। यह आयकर विभाग द्वारा सीबीडीटी या केंद्रीय प्रत्यक्ष कर बोर्ड की सावधानीपूर्वक निगरानी में जारी किया जाता है। पैन का सबसे महत्वपूर्ण काम यह सुनिश्चित करना है कि प्रत्येक नागरिक अपने करों का भुगतान करने का अपना कर्तव्य करता है। आधार कार्ड यूआईडी की एक विशिष्ट पहचान संख्या है जिसे भारत में कार्यरत एक केंद्र सरकार की एजेंसी द्वारा जारी किया गया है जिसे भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (यूआईडीएआई) कहा जाता है।
सरकार भारत के प्रत्येक पंजीकृत नागरिक के बारे में जानकारी युक्त एक डेटाबेस रखने का इरादा रखती है। किसी व्यक्ति की व्यक्तिगत जानकारी के अलावा, यह उनकी तस्वीर, उंगलियों के निशान और आईरिस स्कैन भी एकत्र करता है। सूचना की इस प्रणाली के साथ, सिस्टम में डेटा के साथ अपने डेटा को केवल क्रॉस-रेफ़रेंस करके किसी व्यक्ति की पहचान करना बहुत आसान हो जाता है। how to link aadhar with pan card online
How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Online through e-Filing Website
People can get their PAN and Aadhaar linked online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the Income Tax e-Filing website and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option under the quick links
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number
- Enter the name as mentioned in your Aadhaar card
- In case the date of birth is mentioned on your Aadhaar card you have to tick the box
- Tick mark ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI’
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button
- Next, enter the OTP that you receive on your mobile number and click on ‘Validate’.
- A pop-up message will appear showing your successfully linked Aadhaar with PAN Card
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card by Sending an SMS
In order to link your Aadhaar to your PAN card via SMS, follow these steps:
- You have to type a message in the format
- UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>
- Send the message in the above-mentioned format to either 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number
- For example, if your Aadhaar number is 987654321012 and your PAN is ABCDE1234F, you have to type UIDPAN 987654321012 ABCDE1234F and send the message to either 567678 or 56161
Correction Facility for Linking PAN with Aadhaar Card
PAN and Aadhaar card linking is successful only when all your details in both documents match. In case there are errors such as spelling mistakes in your name, your PAN will not be linked with Aadhaar. You can make changes by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or through the portal of NSDL PAN. In case there are errors in your PAN Card, you can get them corrected by following these steps:
- The user can correct his PAN details using the NSDL website
- The NSDL link redirects to the page where you can apply for the correction of your name
- Then submit signed digital documents to get your PAN details updated
- Once your details are corrected in your PAN and confirmed by NSDL over a mail, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar
Unable to Link PAN with Aadhaar? Here’s What to Do
The Government of India has made it mandatory for all individuals to link their PAN cards with Aadhaar cards before the deadline (i.e.31st March 2023) as failure to link both will lead to the deactivation of PAN by the Income Tax Department and you will not be to file Income Tax Returns, etc.
Moreover, make sure your name should be the same on both the PAN card and the Aadhaar card. In case there is some spelling mismatch, you will be unable to link Aadhaar with your PAN Card. You will have to get your name corrected and after correction, you will be able to easily link your PAN with Aadhaar.
In case your name on the PAN card is wrongly spelt, follow these steps to make corrections:
- Visit the e-filing website of the Aadhar PAN link
- Select the ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in Existing PAN Data)’ option from the drop-down menu
- Then select the individual category and enter your details
- Make payment and submit your form online after Aadhaar e-KYC
- Your updated PAN will be sent to your address
- Once you receive your PAN card, you can link your PAN with your Aadhaar
In case your name on the Aadhaar card is wrongly spelt, follow these steps to make corrections:
- Visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Carry a self-attested copy of your proof of Identity
- Fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form
- Then submit the form along with the documents
- You will get an acknowledgement slip that contains the update request number
- This URN can be used to check the status of your update request
- Once your update request is processed and the name is corrected, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar
Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
Linking PAN with Aadhaar is very important for all PAN cardholders because of the following reasons:
- All PAN cards that are not linked with Aadhaar will be deactivated after 31st March 2023
- Then linking PAN with Aadhaar will help in tackling the problem of multiple PAN cards issued in the same name
- Your income tax return form would not be processed if your PAN is not linked with Aadhaar
- The user will get a summarised detail of taxes levied on him for future reference
How to Check the Aadhaar Card and PAN Card Linking Status
To check PAN-Aadhaar link status, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the e-Filing Income Tax Department page
- Select ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ under ‘Quick Links
- Enter your PAN Number
- Then enter your Aadhaar Number
- Now, click on the ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ button
- Your Aadhaar-PAN link status will appear on your screen
FAQs on How to Link PAN card with Aadhar
Simply Follow The Below Steps To Check The Status Of Your Pan Card Seeding With Aadhaar.
- Enter PAN and date of birth.
- Then enter the captcha and click on ‘Submit’.
- The status of the linking is displayed on the next screen.
- Enter your PAN number, Aadhaar number, your full name, and the other details asked on the page.
- Then enter the captcha code.
- Click the ‘link Aadhaar’ button given at the bottom of the page. It could take up to 10 days for the update.
For the government, linking the Aadhar Card with the PAN card offers an audit trail. Therefore now Aadhar card is a must for almost all transactions and the linkage provides a complete activity trail for the Income Tax department. So this will be the key to plugging revenue leakages.
The tax department had said that non-linking of PAN with Aadhaar by March 31 would attract a penalty of up to ₹1,000, but such PAN will remain functional for one more year till March 2023, for filing ITR, claiming refunds and other I-T procedures.
If your PAN is not linked to a bank account; you will be required to pay double TDS (Tax Deduction at Source). So if your bank account is seeded with your PAN, you must pay a 10% TDS. If you link your PAN and Aadhaar after the due date, the government may levy a fine at the time of linking, according to the CBDT.
To know how many accounts are linked to your PAN number, you can log in to the official portal of income tax e-filing and enter your user ID and password and can find the option to verify your bank account details. how to check the aadhar card link with the pan card