Aadhar Card Link PAN Card: Linking your PAN with Aadhaar has become a mandatory process. And this is an important process as it will allow your income tax return to be processed. So linking your PAN with Aadhaar is also necessary if you are doing banking transactions for an amount of Rs 50,000 and above. But in some cases, you may not be able to link your PAN with Aadhaar. Most of the time, the reason for rejection will be the mismatch of the information in your PAN and Aadhaar. However, once the corrections are made, you will be able to link PAN and Aadhaar.
Linking PAN cards with Aadhar cards is very easy and for this, the government has provided many ways. The deadline for linking PAN with Aadhar card has been extended till March 31, 2023. However, you will have to pay the fee for linking your Aadhaar with a PAN card now. A fee of Rs. 500 will be charged if the linking is done by 30th June 2022. After this date, you will have to pay a fee of Rs. 1,000 for the same.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Ways to Link Aadhar and PAN Card
- 3 Steps to Check PAN-Aadhaar Link Status
- 4 Benefits of linking your PAN with Aadhaar
- 5 Correction while linking Aadhar Card with PAN Card
- 6 A correction facility for linking PAN with Aadhaar has been launched by Income Tax Department
- 7 FAQs on Linking PAN and Aadhar Card
- 7.1 I do not have an aadhar card. Can I still e-file my tax return?
- 7.2 Is there any other process to connect the two?
- 7.3 Do NRIs need Aadhar Card for e-filing?
- 7.4 What if my income is below the taxable limit? Do I have to link PAN and Aadhaar numbers?
- 7.5 Why do I get the failed authentication message when I try to link Aadhaar with a PAN card?
- 7.6 When is Aadhaar-PAN linking not mandatory?
- 7.7 Is it mandatory to create an account on the department’s website?
- 7.8 How can I change the mobile number registered with the Aadhar card?
- 7.9 What is the time limit for linking PAN cards with Aadhar cards?
- 7.10 Do I need to submit any documentary proof to link my PAN and Aadhar cards?
- 7.11 What details do I need to check while linking my PAN with my Aadhar card?
- 7.12 My name is different in my PAN card and Aadhaar and it is not allowing me to link both. What to do?
अपने पैन को आधार से लिंक करना एक अनिवार्य प्रक्रिया बन गई है। और यह एक महत्वपूर्ण प्रक्रिया है क्योंकि यह आपके आयकर रिटर्न को संसाधित करने की अनुमति देगा। इसलिए यदि आप 50,000 रुपये और उससे अधिक की राशि के लिए बैंकिंग लेनदेन कर रहे हैं तो अपने पैन को आधार से जोड़ना भी आवश्यक है। लेकिन कुछ मामलों में, आप अपने पैन को आधार से लिंक करने में सक्षम नहीं हो सकते हैं। अधिकांश समय, अस्वीकृति का कारण आपके पैन और आधार में जानकारी का बेमेल होना होगा। हालांकि, एक बार सुधार किए जाने के बाद, आप पैन और आधार को लिंक कर पाएंगे।
पैन कार्ड को आधार कार्ड से लिंक करना बहुत ही आसान है और इसके लिए सरकार ने कई तरीके उपलब्ध कराए हैं। पैन को आधार कार्ड से जोड़ने की समय सीमा 31 मार्च, 2023 तक बढ़ा दी गई है। हालांकि, आपको अपने आधार को पैन कार्ड से जोड़ने के लिए शुल्क का भुगतान अभी करना होगा। रुपये का शुल्क। 30 जून 2022 तक लिंकिंग कराने पर 500 रुपये चार्ज किए जाएंगे। इस तारीख के बाद आपको रुपये का शुल्क देना होगा। उसी के लिए 1,000
Ways to Link Aadhar and PAN Card
There are two ways through which you can link PAN and Aadhaar. These are:
- Through the Income Tax e-filing website
- Sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161
Linking PAN with Aadhaar online (through e-filing website)
- Visit the Income Tax site by clicking on the link https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
- Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ under ‘Quick Links. Provide PAN, Aadhar Number and Name as mentioned in Aadhar Card
- Enter the details like PAN number, Aadhaar number, your name on Aadhaar and your mobile number, tick the box if only the year of birth is mentioned in the Aadhaar card, and also check the box where you want to validate your Aadhaar details agree to. Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Enter the captcha code. (Blind users can request OTP instead of captcha code. Then OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number)
Linking PAN with Aadhaar by sending SMS
To link PAN with Aadhaar by sending SMS. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Type UIDPAN<12-digit Aadhaar><10-digit PAN> on your mobile
- Save it as 567678 or 56161. send over
Steps to Check PAN-Aadhaar Link Status
To check the status of your PAN-Aadhaar status pre-login you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the Income Tax site by clicking on the link https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
- You can see under ‘Quick Links, click on ‘Link Aadhaar Status’.
- Then enter your PAN and Aadhaar number and click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’. You will be able to check your PAN-Aadhaar linking status on the page.
- Now you can check the status of Aadhaar linking with PAN through the SMS facility. You need to SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the following format:
- UIDPAN <12-digit Aadhaar Number> <10-digit Permanent Account Number>
If your Aadhaar is successfully linked with PAN, you will be able to see the message ‘Aadhaar (Aadhaar Number) is already linked to PAN’ in the ITD database. Thank you for using our services.
My Bangalore Mart, Large Scale Industries, E-Aadhar Card Download App, Scholarship.gov.in, Sanjay Leela Bhansali Contact, Digitize India, Stockx.com, List of 2018 Hollywood Adventure Films, Aahar Jharkhand.
- This eliminates the possibility of a person having more than one PAN card.
- Hence linking Aadhaar with PAN enables the Income Tax Department to carefully detect any tax evasion.
- The process of filing income returns becomes quite easy as the individual is not required to provide any proof of filing his income tax return.
- Linking your Aadhaar with PAN will prevent the latter from getting cancelled.
- So linking PAN with Aadhaar will help in getting a brief overview of Aadhaar linked taxes for future reference.
Many people face problems in linking their PAN and Aadhaar due to a mismatch of information in documents. Linking a document will be challenging if one or more of these details are incorrect. Also, if you cannot generate OTP to link your documents, you will not be able to link your documents.
In this regard, making changes in Aadhaar would be the easiest way to update the details. Apart from the name, date of birth, address, gender and mobile phone number, you can update the following information on your Aadhaar card. If you wish to change your address, you can only do so online. All other Aadhaar updates should be done at your local Aadhaar centre.
The IT department has launched an online facility for rectification of errors in the name and other information on the Aadhaar document and Permanent Account Number (PAN) card. The Income Tax Department has already started the facility of linking PAN cards with Aadhaar. So now it has also added two hyperlinks on the official website for e-filing of tax. One link takes you to the application page for Permanent Account Number by an Indian Citizen or a Foreigner and another link takes you to the page where you can update all the necessary changes. To update all the Aadhaar details, a person can easily log on to the Aadhaar SSUP (Self Service Update Portal). He can also upload all the scanned documents required as a data update request proof.
FAQs on Linking PAN and Aadhar Card
I do not have an aadhar card. Can I still e-file my tax return?
Yes, you can file a tax return but it will not be processed until your Aadhaar is linked with a PAN card. If you have an enrollment number, you can link it with PAN and your e-return will be processed this year but later you will have to link your PAN with Aadhaar.
Is there any other process to connect the two?
Right now, there are only two processes. The user has to get his documents linked to one of the processes.
Do NRIs need Aadhar Card for e-filing?
NRIs are exempted from quoting their Aadhaar while filing their Income Tax e-Return.
Even if a person’s income is below the taxable limit, he has to link his PAN with Aadhaar. Otherwise, it will be disabled.
You have to enter the correct OTP sent to your registered mobile number. If you enter the wrong OTP, you will receive a failed authentication message. It is suggested to diligently enter the OTP on the website to authenticate your request.
- You are exempted from linking your PAN with Aadhaar if:
- You are an NRI
- Residents of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir
- Foreign citizens residing in India.
- Senior citizens above the age of 80 years at any time during the financial year
Is it mandatory to create an account on the department’s website?
All taxpayers need to create an account with the Income Tax Department for filing their e-returns.
How can I change the mobile number registered with the Aadhar card?
To update your mobile number, you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center and get your mobile number updated. Alternatively, you can also update your mobile number online through the Indian Postal Service website.
The last date for linking PAN cards and Aadhar cards is 31 March 2023.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar is a very easy process. You can do this online or via SMS. You are not required to submit any documentary proof.
While linking your Aadhar card with a PAN card, you need to check your name, gender and date of birth. If there are errors, you can get them corrected before adding both documents.
In the case where the name on the Aadhar card is completely different from the name on the PAN card, you will have to change your name in the database of Aadhaar or PAN for the PAN Aadhar link.