Aadhar Card Phone Number Update: The Aadhaar is one of the most significant documents that citizens in India can possess. Issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India UIDAI, the 12-digit number has become an essential part of identity for every Indian citizen. It is a trustworthy document that acts as a citizen’s address proof, date of birth proof, and others, making it mandatory for everyone to possess it. If the card is also linked to the mobile number, the facility will allow users to log in on select government-run web portals to avail of services. And, it is mandatory to always update your latest mobile phone number on Aadhaar.
How To Update Mobile Number With Aadhar
To update your mobile number with Aadhaar online, your linked mobile number must be active as there is a step to verify an OTP. Here are the steps you should follow:
- To change the mobile number, visit the UIDAI web portal (ask.uidai.gov.in)
- Input the phone number that you wish to update and type in the captcha in the relevant boxes.
- Click on the ‘Send OTP’ option and enter the OTP that is sent to your phone number. Then click on the ‘Submit OTP & Proceed’ option.
- Next, you will see a dropdown menu that says ‘Online Aadhaar Services’, from the myriad of options like name, address, gender, email-ID, Mobile number, etc. Click on the one you want to update. In the event of updating the mobile number, however, click on that option, and then the details need to be fill in accordingly, and the option ‘what do you want to update’, needs to be selected.
- Once the mobile number is submitted, a new page will show up and a captcha needs to be entered. This will result in an OTP being sending to your number. Verify the OTP and click on ‘Save and Proceed’.
- Book an appointment online to go to the nearest Aadhaar center to pay nominal fees and provide any additional information that requires.
How To Change With Aadhar Mobile Number Offline
- If you have not registered your Mobile number while enrolling for Aadhaar, you require to visit a Permanent Enrolment Centre to get it registered, as per the UIDAI website.
- Here, is the Aadhaar Correction Form you need to fill out, where you also need to mention the updated mobile number that they wish to link and update. After that, you should submit the form after which biometric verification will take place to authenticate.
- The verification officer will then provide an acknowledgment slip that has the Update Request Number (URN) on it. And this number you can use to track the updated status of the Aadhaar card. Alternatively, to check the status, one can call the UIDAI toll-free number (1947).
- If users just need to verify the number, one simply needs to log in to the UIDAI website and select the ‘Verify’ option under the ‘Aadhaar Services’ dropdown menu. Once there the 12-digit Aadhaar number needs to be enter, along with the email information, mobile number, and a security code. The OTP is receive, click the ‘Verify OTP’ option and the green tick should arrive if all the steps are given below.
My Bangalore Mart, Large Scale Industries, E-Aadhar Card Download App, Scholarship.gov.in, Sanjay Leela Bhansali Contact, Digitize India, Stockx.com, List of 2018 Hollywood Adventure Films, Aahar Jharkhand.
Other Steps to Add Your Mobile Number or Email ID to Your Aadhaar Card:
The steps involved to add your mobile number to your Aadhaar or change the mobile number are as follows:
- Visit a permanent enrolment center. You can find a Permanent Enrolment Centre close to you through the UIDAI ‘Locate an Enrolment/Update Centre’ webpage.
- Visit: “https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx”
- You will have to place a request with an operator at the enrolment center.
- The operator will fill in the application form.
- If documents need to be verified, verification will take place by a verifier appointed by UIDAI, registrars present at Enrolment, or the Update Centre. The verification will be in line with the DDSVP Committee Recommendations.
- The operator will then enter the details into the client software.
- Your biometric details will then be verified.
- This will then it will get confirmation from the operator and their supervisor.
- You will receive an acknowledgment receipt. This receipt will have the Update Request Number (URN). You can use this number to track your Aadhaar.
- आपको नामांकन केंद्र पर एक ऑपरेटर के साथ अनुरोध करना होगा।
- ऑपरेटर आवेदन पत्र भरेगा।
- यदि दस्तावेजों को सत्यापित करने की आवश्यकता है, तो सत्यापन यूआईडीएआई द्वारा नियुक्त सत्यापनकर्ता, नामांकन में मौजूद रजिस्ट्रार या अपडेट सेंटर द्वारा किया जाएगा। सत्यापन डीडीएसवीपी समिति की सिफारिशों के अनुरूप होगा।
- इसके बाद ऑपरेटर क्लाइंट सॉफ्टवेयर में विवरण दर्ज करेगा।
- बाद आपकी बायोमेट्रिक डिटेल वेरिफाई होगी।
- इसके बाद ऑपरेटर और उनके पर्यवेक्षक द्वारा इसकी पुष्टि की जाएगी।
- आपको एक पावती रसीद प्राप्त होगी। इस रसीद में अपडेट रिक्वेस्ट नंबर (URN) होगा। आप अपने आधार को ट्रैक करने के लिए इस नंबर का उपयोग कर सकते हैं।
3 Models In Updating Information
1. Update Client Standard
Fields that are update: All biometric and demographic fields including local language.
Identity authentication: Biometric check.
- Any fields which require documentary verification will be verified.
- This verification is done by a verifier appointed by UIDAI, registrars present at Enrolment, or the Update Centre.
- The verification process will follow the guidelines set by the DDSVP Committee Recommendations.
Form filling and acknowledgment:
- A form you have to fill out by the operator to update the client and a biometric sign-off will be provided against each request for an update.
- You will receive an acknowledgment receipt with the URN number which you can use to track your Aadhaar.
2. Update Client Lite (UCL)
- Fields that can be updated: All demographic fields, the local language, and your photo.
- Identity authentication: Biometric authentication.
- Document verification:
- Verification of documents will be for those fields which require verification.
- This will be done by a verifier who is appointed by UIDAI. This can also be done by registrars present at an enrollment center.
- All of the verification will be in line with the DDSVP Committee Recommendations.
- A form operator may fill to update the client and all updates will also have a biometric sign-off from the operator’s end.
- Once this will finish, you will receive an acknowledgment receipt. This receipt has the URN number which you can use to track your Aadhaar.
Also Read: Uidai Download Aadhar Card
3. Update through AUA (Authentication User Agency) Point of Presence
- Fields that will be update: Demographic fields.
- Identity authentication: Biometric authentication. However, UIDAI can use other means of authentication as well. This could include sending an OTP to your mobile number.
- Document verification: As on the registrar’s verification, UIDAI accepts the documents.
- Acknowledgment and Form Filling:
- This process will be undertaken by the registrar’s operator on a device that includes a biometric authentication feature (Micro-ATM).
- The acknowledgment receipt could be a printout or in the form of an SMS or email based on the type of request. For instance, a request made to update the mobile phone number may result in the URN sending to your mobile via SMS.
- For more information, you can visit the UIDAI webpage about updating details: https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/about-your-aadhaar/updating-data-on-aadhaar.html.
Aadhar Details that are Update are:
- Demographic information: Name, Address, Date of Birth/Age, Gender, Mobile Number, Email Address, Relationship Status, and Information Sharing Consent
- Biometric information: Iris, Finger Prints, and Facial Photograph
FAQs on Add Your Mobile Number To Aadhaar Card
Is it mandatory for the mobile number to be registered to the Aadhaar in case I request any updates?
In case you are using the SSUP portal to make any updates, it is mandatory for the mobile number to be registered with the Aadhaar.
Is it possible to register the mobile number online?
No, it is not possible to link the mobile number with the Aadhaar online. You will need a Permanent Enrolment Centre to complete the process.
Do I have to submit any documents to complete the registration process?
No additional documents will need to be submit to complete the registration process.
You will have to visit the Aadhaar update Centre to link the new number to the Aadhaar.
Will the Aadhaar number change if I update my mobile number?
No, the Aadhaar number will not change if you update the mobile number.