Aadhar Card Date Of Birth Change: UIDAI has given all cardholders the ability to modify their Aadhaar card’s details, including their date of birth.
Aadhar card is an important document for all Indian citizens. And the Government of India has made it mandatory for every citizen of the country to have an Aadhar card. Aadhar card is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Aadhar is required not only for government schemes but also for financial services. So, it is also linked to bank accounts, vehicles and insurance policies etc. The Aadhar card contains details of the person’s name, date of birth, gender, address and photograph.
UIDAI has opened its online portal, which helps individuals to update the personal information mentioned on their Aadhar card online. So you can download the form to make changes in your details and then submit it to your nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 How to update your date of birth on your Aadhar card online?
- 3 Steps to Update Aadhar Card by Visiting Enrollment Center/Offline
- 4 Documents Required For Date of Birth Updation in Aadhar Card
- 5 Things to Remember while Updating Aadhar Card
- 6 Reasons for Rejection in Updation
- 7 FAQs on Aadhar Card Date of Birth Change
- 7.1 Can I update my Aadhar card details online?
- 7.2 Which fields can I update through Self Service Update Portal (SSUP)?
- 7.3 Are there any criteria to be fulfilled in order to request changes online?
- 7.4 Can I change my date of birth on the Aadhar card twice online?
- 7.5 How many times can Aadhaar be updated?
- 7.6 Does the Aadhar card expire?
आधार कार्ड की जन्मतिथि में बदलाव: यूआईडीएआई ने सभी कार्डधारकों को अपने आधार कार्ड के विवरण को संशोधित करने की क्षमता दी है, जिसमें उनकी जन्म तिथि भी शामिल है।
आधार कार्ड सभी भारतीय नागरिकों के लिए एक महत्वपूर्ण दस्तावेज है। और भारत सरकार ने देश के हर नागरिक के लिए आधार कार्ड होना अनिवार्य कर दिया है। आधार कार्ड भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (यूआईडीएआई) द्वारा जारी किया जाता है। आधार सिर्फ सरकारी योजनाओं के लिए ही नहीं बल्कि वित्तीय सेवाओं के लिए भी जरूरी है। तो, यह बैंक खातों, वाहनों और बीमा पॉलिसियों आदि से भी जुड़ा हुआ है। आधार कार्ड में व्यक्ति का नाम, जन्म तिथि, लिंग, पता और तस्वीर का विवरण होता है।
यूआईडीएआई ने अपना ऑनलाइन पोर्टल खोला है, जो व्यक्तियों को अपने आधार कार्ड पर उल्लिखित व्यक्तिगत जानकारी को ऑनलाइन अपडेट करने में मदद करता है। तो आप अपने विवरण में परिवर्तन करने के लिए फॉर्म डाउनलोड कर सकते हैं और फिर इसे अपने नजदीकी आधार सेवा केंद्र में जमा कर सकते हैं।
How to update your date of birth on your Aadhar card online?
- Self-service visit the official website of UIDAI at ssup.uidai.gov.in.
- Now, Click on the option ‘Proceed to update Aadhaar’ on the homepage.
- Enter your 12 digits Aadhaar number on the page.
- Complete the captcha verification.
- Then you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP on the page.
- Click on ‘Update Demographic Data’ to update the date of birth.
- Now, you have to re-verify the details with the OTP received on your mobile number.
- Then you need to submit the required documents to support your date of birth update request.
It is to be noted that you need to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar card before making any changes to the data printed on your card. To link your mobile number with your card, you need to visit your nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
My Bangalore Mart, Large Scale Industries, E-Aadhar Card Download App, Scholarship.gov.in, Sanjay Leela Bhansali Contact, Digitize India, Stockx.com, List of 2018 Hollywood Adventure Films, Aahar Jharkhand.
Steps to Update Aadhar Card by Visiting Enrollment Center/Offline
You can update your Aadhaar card details by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Here’s how you can do it easily:
- Fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf. So make sure that you have entered the information which is correct and not the one which is mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- At first, get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request and submit the form along with the documents.
- Then, you will be required to pay a fee for each such visit to the Enrollment Center for updates or corrections.
- And you can get all your details updated including your biometric data, image, mobile number etc. at the enrollment centre.
- So apart from this, you can also visit various banks to update your Aadhar card. For example, Axis Bank Aadhaar Card Update allows you to make changes to your Aadhaar card by visiting the nearest Axis Bank branch.
Note: Whether you update one field or multiple, the charge for Aadhaar update is Rs 100 (if you are also updating biometrics) and Rs 50 (if only the demographic details are being updated).
Documents Required For Date of Birth Updation in Aadhar Card
- Certificate of Birth.
- Certificate of SSLC Book.
- Applicant’s passport.
- Date of Birth Certificate on their letterhead issued by Tehsildar or Gazetted Officer
- Pan Card
- An ID card or certificate containing a photograph and date of birth, duly signed and issued by a government authority
- Photo ID card with date of birth issued by a recognized educational institution
- Marksheet issued by any government board or university
- Government photo ID card or PSU issued ID card or photo identity proof or which includes DOB
- Pension Payment Order (Central or State)
- Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photo Identity Card or Central Government Health Service Scheme Photo Card
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC) / School Transfer Certificate (TC) containing name and date of birth
- Quote from the school record issued by the head of school including date of birth, name and photo
- Proof of identity containing name, date of birth and photograph issued by recognized educational institution signed by the head of the institution
- Proof of identity with name, date of birth and photo issued by EPFO
Things to Remember while Updating Aadhar Card
- The changes entered by you should be correct and there should be appropriate documents which a person is enclosing with the form and should be self-attested.
- Your required details should be filled in English or the local language.
- While correcting the details of the Aadhar card, it should be ensured that the URN is kept safe as it helps in tracking the Aadhar card status.
- In case your mobile number is not registered, you will have to visit the nearest Aadhar enrollment to make corrections to your Aadhar card.
- Therefore make sure that all the details entered in the correction form are filled in capital letters.
- So all required information should be filled and no option should be left unattended.
- Only those documents which are required as proof should be sent along with the form.
- The corrected Aadhar card will be sent to the address mentioned in the Aadhar card.
- The photocopies of the sent documents should be self-attested.
Reasons for Rejection in Updation
Requests for Aadhaar card updation/correction are sometimes rejected, as UIDAI follows specific provisions to verify the details before making any changes in the Aadhaar details. Only after meeting these criteria, does UIDAI update the details on its system. The following conditions must be fulfilled before making corrections to Aadhar card details:
- Sufficient documents should be sent along with the form for verification. In the absence of such documents, action will not be taken to update or rectify the requests.
- All documents sent to UIDAI should be self-attested.
- If the details mentioned in the form do not match with the document attached for verification, the details of the Aadhar card will not be updated.
So if for any reason the update request for details in the Aadhar card is rejected, you can send a fresh request by making appropriate corrections in the form and submitting the appropriate self-attested documents.
FAQs on Aadhar Card Date of Birth Change
Can I update my Aadhar card details online?
As per the latest developments, people can update/change their address, mobile number, email id, name (slight change), date of birth, gender and language in the Aadhar card online. However, they can update their biometrics data only by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
Which fields can I update through Self Service Update Portal (SSUP)?
People can update all the details mentioned in their Aadhaar card by visiting any of the Aadhaar Enrollment Centres. So you can update demographic details (address, name (slight change), date of birth, gender and language) online through Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
Are there any criteria to be fulfilled in order to request changes online?
In order to change your demographic details online, you will have to submit scanned copies of the required documents. So if your document is not accepted by UIDAI, the update request will be rejected.
Can I change my date of birth on the Aadhar card twice online?
An individual can update the date of birth (DoB) in Aadhaar only once.
How many times can Aadhaar be updated?
As per the guidelines issued by UIDAI, a user can change his name only twice on Aadhaar. And UIDAI had issued a notification in this regard in an office memorandum.
Does the Aadhar card expire?
Aadhar card is valid for your lifetime and does not expire till your death. The card is issued once and thereafter, it remains in force throughout the life of an adult.