UIDAI Aadhar Update 2022: Aadhar card contains information like your name, address, phone number, gender and date of birth. If you wish to make changes to the Aadhaar card, you can do so by visiting the Aadhaar Enrollment Center or the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Hence aadhar card is a 12 digit unique identification number which is considered an essential document for proof of identity and proof of address. Aadhar card is also required to avail of various government subsidies and benefits. However, it is extremely important that your Aadhaar card is updated to avoid any delay. So follow the steps given below to update the Aadhaar Card Address, Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email ID on the Aadhaar Card online and offline by visiting the Aadhaar Enrollment/Update Centre.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online?
- 3 How to Update Aadhar Card Details by Visiting Aadhar Enrollment Center?
- 4 How to update the address in Aadhaar without document proof?
- 5 Documents required to update or correct Aadhar card details
- 6 Why aadhar card update or correction request gets rejected?
- 7 Important things to remember while updating Aadhaar
- 8 FAQs on UIDAI Aadhar Update
- 8.1 What are the details that can be changed in the Aadhar card online?
- 8.2 Can I update my mobile number in Aadhaar online?
- 8.3 Do I need to submit any documents to change my mobile number?
- 8.4 How can I check my Aadhar card details online?
- 8.5 How can I enter my mobile number into the Aadhar card by SMS?
- 8.6 Is it mandatory to link your mobile number with Aadhaar?
- 8.7 What if my mobile number is not registered with an Aadhar card?
- 8.8 How long will it take to update my Aadhaar?
- 8.9 How can I add my father’s name or husband’s name to my address mentioned on Aadhaar?
- 8.10 Can I update the address using the local language?
आधार कार्ड में आपका नाम, पता, फोन नंबर, लिंग और जन्म तिथि जैसी जानकारी होती है। यदि आप आधार कार्ड में बदलाव करना चाहते हैं, तो आप आधार नामांकन केंद्र या भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (यूआईडीएआई) की आधिकारिक वेबसाइट पर जाकर ऐसा कर सकते हैं। आधार कार्ड एक 12 अंकों की विशिष्ट पहचान संख्या है जिसे पहचान के प्रमाण और पते के प्रमाण के लिए एक आवश्यक दस्तावेज माना जाता है। विभिन्न सरकारी सब्सिडी और लाभों का लाभ उठाने के लिए भी आधार कार्ड की आवश्यकता होती है। हालांकि, यह बेहद जरूरी है कि किसी भी देरी से बचने के लिए आपका आधार कार्ड अपडेट किया जाए। आधार कार्ड पर आधार कार्ड का पता, नाम, जन्मतिथि, मोबाइल नंबर और ईमेल आईडी को ऑनलाइन और ऑफलाइन आधार नामांकन/अपडेट केंद्र पर जाकर अपडेट करने के लिए नीचे दिए गए चरणों का पालन करें।
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online?
You can update your name, date of birth, address and gender details online. However, your mobile number needs to be linked with Aadhaar to make changes. So the process to update name, address, gender and date of birth details online is mentioned below:
- Go to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
- Click on ‘Proceed to update Aadhaar’.
- Enter Aadhar Number and Captcha.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Next, select ‘Update Demographic Data’.
- On the next page select the relevant options and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Changes can be made on the next page. Further, upload the relevant documents.
- After this, you have to review the entered details.
- Next, submit the change request. You can use the Update Request Number (URN) to track the status of the change of address.
My Bangalore Mart, Large Scale Industries, E-Aadhar Card Download App, Scholarship.gov.in, Sanjay Leela Bhansali Contact, Digitize India, Stockx.com, List of 2018 Hollywood Adventure Films, Aahar Jharkhand.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details by Visiting Aadhar Enrollment Center?
The process to change any Aadhaar details offline is mentioned below:
- You have to request for filling out the Application Correction Form at your nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
- Hence after attaching the documents, submit the application form to update the changes.
- So there is a fee to be paid for the change of address on the Aadhar card.
How to update the address in Aadhaar without document proof?
UIDAI has introduced a facility where you can update address details on Aadhaar without providing address proof. So you have to use ‘Request for Aadhaar Verification Letter’ to complete the process. The four steps involved in the process are mentioned below:
- Resident initiates request
- As a resident, you need to log in by providing Aadhaar details.
- Verifier Aadhaar details should be entered.
- An SRN will be sent.
- Address validator consent
- Click on the link sent to the registered mobile number.
- Log in with Aadhaar details.
- Give consent.
- Address validator consent
- A validator consent is sent to the registered mobile number.
- Login by providing SRN.
- Preview address details.
- Change the language if necessary.
- Submit request.
- User secret code to complete.
- Then a post will be sent with a letter and secret code.
- Login to the Address Update Portal.
- Change address with the help of a secret code.
- Then check the address and submit.
- A URN will be provided to check the status of the request.
Documents required to update or correct Aadhar card details
The documents required to update or modify your Aadhar card are classified into four categories:
- Identity Proof – PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / Voter ID, etc.
- Relationship Proof – Passport/PDS Card/MGNREGA Job Card/Pension Card, etc.
- Proof of Date of Birth – Birth Certificate / SLLC Certificate / Passport / PAN Card, etc.
- Address Proof- Bank Passbook or Statement/Ration Card/Voter ID/Insurance Policy etc.
- So to know the complete list of supporting documents required to update or correct the details on your Aadhar card, you can visit the official website of UIDAI.
Why aadhar card update or correction request gets rejected?
Requests for Aadhaar card updation/correction are sometimes rejected, as UIDAI follows specific provisions to verify the details before making any changes in the Aadhaar details. Therefore only after meeting these criteria, does UIDAI update the details on its system. Hence the following conditions must be fulfilled before making corrections to Aadhar card details:
- Sufficient documents should be sent along with the form for verification. In the absence of such documents, action will not be taken to update or rectify the requests.
- Therefore all documents sent to UIDAI should be self-attested.
- If the details mentioned in the form do not match with the document attached for verification, the details of the Aadhar card will not be updated.
- So if for any reason the update request for details in the Aadhar card is rejected, you can send a fresh request by making appropriate corrections in the form and submitting the appropriate self-attested documents.
Important things to remember while updating Aadhaar
Following are the things you should keep in mind while updating your Aadhaar:
- Make sure that the data you have entered is accurate.
- Make sure all spellings are correct.
- The data you provide must be supported by documentary evidence.
- So don’t lose the acknowledgement receipt.
- Note down your URN to track the status of the update.
FAQs on UIDAI Aadhar Update
What are the details that can be changed in the Aadhar card online?
At present, you can update your address, name, gender and date of birth details online. However, your mobile number needs to be linked with your Aadhaar to make changes online. So to make any other changes to the Aadhar card, you will have to visit the Aadhar Enrollment Centre.
Can I update my mobile number in Aadhaar online?
No, you cannot change your mobile number online. Therefore to change the mobile number, you have to visit the nearest Aadhar Enrollment Center or Aadhar Seva Kendra.
Do I need to submit any documents to change my mobile number?
No document is required to be submitted for changing mobile numbers.
How can I check my Aadhar card details online?
Yes, if your mobile number is registered in Aadhaar, you can obtain your Enrollment Number (EID) or Aadhaar (UID) by clicking on the “Retrieve Lost UID/EID” tab under the section Aadhaar Enrollment on the uidai.gov.in website or https://www.uidai.gov.in can do. ://resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-uideid.
How can I enter my mobile number into the Aadhar card by SMS?
Through SMS: Residents can avail of Aadhaar service by sending SMS to 1947 from the registered mobile.
Therefore residents can do VID generation/retrieval, lock/unlock Aadhaar numbers etc. So by sending an SMS in the given format to 1947 from their registered mobile number.
No, it is not mandatory to provide a mobile number or email for Aadhaar enrollment. But it is always recommended to provide a mobile number and email so that you can get updates about the status of your Aadhaar application.
What if my mobile number is not registered with an Aadhar card?
In case you have lost / not registered a mobile number in Aadhaar, then you have to personally visit the nearest Aadhaar Update Center to update the mobile number.
How long will it take to update my Aadhaar?
It may take up to 90 days for your Aadhaar data to be updated after you make the request.
How can I add my father’s name or husband’s name to my address mentioned on Aadhaar?
Hence filling in this information is optional. But the relationship details are a part of the Address section in Aadhaar. It is standardized for Care (C/O).
Can I update the address using the local language?
However from the English language, you can choose any language from Kannada, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Malayalam, Odia, Marathi, Urdu, Tamil, Punjabi, or Telugu to update your address on your Aadhaar.