Aadhar Card Update Status Online: The Aadhar card has emerged as one of the most critical identification proofs for every Indian citizen. And this unique 12-digit id has now been made mandatory for availing of most benefits offered by the government. Hence, Aadhar contains two types of details, i.e. biometric details like fingerprints and iris scans and demographic details like name, address, age, contact details etc. So it is expected that soon Aadhar will be required for several other services and benefits offered by the Government as well as private entities. Therefore it is essential to ensure that all the information that is recorded in your Aadhaar is accurate and up to date.
How to Check Aadhar Card Status Online
UIDAI has made it easier for every Aadhaar cardholder to perform multiple Aadhar related functions online. You can now log on to the official UIDAI website and do an Aadhar card check, Aadhar card Update, Aadhar card status check online and much more. To be able to check the status of your Aadhaar card online, you need to have the following information ready with you: –
- Your Enrolment ID with the date and time of enrolment
- Your mobile number registered with Aadhaar
Once you have this information ready with you, you can easily perform an Aadhar card status check online. In case you have misplaced your enrolment id, you can retrieve it with the following steps: –
- Log on to the official UIDAI website
- Click on the option “Retrieve Lost UID/EID”.
On the next page, enter your details in the specified fields. These details should be the same as given during your Aadhaar enrolment.
- Now, type in the security code and click on Send OTP.
- You will receive the OTP on your phone.
- Enter the OTP in the space towards the right side of the screen.
- Now, click on the “Verify OTP” button.
- You will now receive your Enrolment ID on your registered email/mobile number.
Why do you need to check your Aadhar card status?
If in case you have applied for a new Aadhar card or have applied for updating your Aadhar data, you can now check your Aadhar card status online. So, UIDAI has given you this option to inquire about the status of your Aadhar card through the UIDAI portal. Therefore performing an Aadhar card check will help you keep track of the status of your application and if any action is required from your side.
So you can easily see the stage under which the Aadhar card process is and how long it might take for you to receive the Aadhaar card. And the entire process of enrolment for an Aadhar to the final Aadhar card reaching you can take around 90 days, keeping a status check online is a handy option. Therefore this saves you the inconvenience of going again to the enrolment centre for Aadhar card status. So here are the steps that you need to follow for Aadhar card status.
Aadhaar Card Check for a new Aadhaar card
Your Enrolment ID is made up of 28 digits which include the 14-digit enrolment number and 14-digits of date and time details of the enrolment. Having your enrolment id is essential to be able to check the status of your Aadhar card online.
- Log on to the official UIDAI website
- Towards the left of your screen, you will be able to see a column with the heading “Aadhaar Enrolment”, under this there will be an option “Check Aadhaar Status”. Click on this option.
- On the next screen, enter your Enrolment details along with the captcha. Now click on “Check Status”.
- You will now be able to see your Aadhaar status on the screen.
- If your Aadhaar card has been generated, you will be able to see the Aadhar number on the screen and will also be able to access the links to download your e-Aadhar or receive the Aadhaar details on your mobile phone.
- So, if your Aadhar card has not been generated, you will be able to see the current status of your request.
- If your request for Aadhaar has been rejected, you will be able to see the reason for rejection on the screen. This would require you to revisit the enrolment centre and re-apply for an Aadhar card.
Also Read: Udyog Aadhar Card
Aadhaar Card Online Update
If you want to update any demographic information on your Aadhaar card, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- Log on to the official UIDAI website
- Click on the link “Update Aadhaar Detail Online.”
- On the next page enter your Aadhaar number and the security code and click on “Send OTP”.
- When you will receive an OTP on your phone. Enter it on the screen and click “Submit”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update the required details.
- When you hit the submit button, you will be able to see a URN.
- On the next screen select the BPO you want to choose.
- You can now download the acknowledgement copy and keep it safe for Aadhaar card status check online as and when you want.
My Bangalore Mart, Large Scale Industries, E-Aadhar Card Download App, Scholarship.gov.in, Sanjay Leela Bhansali Contact, Digitize India, Stockx.com, List of 2018 Hollywood Adventure Films, Aahar Jharkhand.
Aadhaar Card Update Status Check Online
Once you have applied for an Aadhar card update online, you can do an Aadhar Card check online through the following steps: –
- Log on to the official UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in
- Click on the link “Check Status – Update done online”.
- This will take you to the check status page.
- Now, on the next screen, enter your Aadhar Number, URN and SRN in the designated fields.
- Enter the security code and click on “Get Status”.
- Now you will be able to see the status of your Aadhaar update request and if it has been accepted or rejected. If it has been accepted, you can download the e-Aadhar online. If it has been rejected, you need to restart the online update process.
Lost my Aadhaar card Enrolment Slip? Should I enrol again?
You need not enrol again for Aadhaar. You can retrieve your Aadhaar number/Enrolment number through the UIDAI’s website.
How to check the Aadhar card status without a mobile number?
You can check the application status of your Aadhaar card without using your mobile number by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or by providing the email address registered with UIDAI.
How to cancel an update request?
It is advised that you first check the update status. But if the request is not picked, you can cancel the update request and the fee would be refunded in the next 21 days.
Also Read: Aadhar Card Phone Number Update
What is the SRN number in the Aadhar update status?
SRN is 28 digits Service Request Number which is generated after raising a request for Aadhaar Card on our website. It will be generated every time whenever the request will be raised regardless of whether the payment is successful or not.
I successfully submitted my address update request. How can I track this?
On successful submission of an online address update request, you receive a URN (Update Request Number) of the format 0000/00XXX/XXXXX. This is shown on screen and also sent via SMS to your registered mobile number. Use this URN and your Aadhaar number to track the status of your Aadhaar update from: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus
How can I download my Aadhar card online?
Residents can download an e-Aadhaar by following two ways. By Using Enrollment Number: So resident can download e-Aadhaar using 28 digit enrolment no. along with Full Name and Pin code. In this download process, OTP is received on registered mobile no. Resident can also use TOTP to download e-Aadhaar instead of OTP.
How can I change the mobile number on my Aadhar card online?
No, you cannot change the mobile number online. So, you must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra to change the mobile number.
How many days does it take to update a mobile number on an Aadhaar card?
For Updates of Mobile number/Email ID, the notification will be sent on the given mobile number/email ID. But it takes up to 90 days for updation in Aadhaar after the request.
How many times Aadhar card can be updated?
According to the guidelines issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI); a user can change their name on the Aadhaar card only two times.
Can I apply for an Aadhar card a second time?
An individual can get another copy of the Aadhaar card from the official website of UIDAI; So by providing the enrollment number mentioned in the acknowledgement slip provided at the time of enrolling for the Aadhaar card.
Is it necessary to update the Aadhar card after 15?
Age between 5 and 15 years at the time of enrolment; The resident should furnish all biometrics for updates when the resident attains the age of 15 years. Therefore age >15 years at the time of enrolment – Residents are recommended to update their biometric data every 10 years.