Update Address in Aadhar Card: Aadhar card address change is primarily required when a person decides to relocate permanently and changes the address to a new location. Contrary to popular belief, Aadhar card update is a seamless and easy process which can be done in both online and offline ways. Aadhar card updates can also be done through a mobile application designed for Aadhar card update-related services. The Aadhar cards are rolled out by the Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI. Whether it is the assignment of a new number or an Aadhar card update, the UIDAI is the supreme authority to control the entire Aadhar ecosystem. Also, UIDAI is a statutory authority in India. It was established under the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (“Aadhaar Act 2016”). how to update the address in the aadhar card
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 What is an Aadhar card?
- 3 Aadhar Card Address Change
- 4 Online Aadhar Card Address Change @ https://uidai.gov.in/
- 5 Offline Aadhar Card Update
- 6 Charges for Aadhar Card Update @ https://uidai.gov.in/
- 7 Aadhar Card Update using mAadhar App
- 8 How to Check Aadhar Card Address Update Status @ https://uidai.gov.in
- 9 Check Aadhar Card Update Status on mAadhar Mobile Application
- 10 Check Aadhar Card Update Status on UIDAI website @https://uidai.gov.in/
- 11 Documents Required to Update Aadhar @ https://uidai.gov.in/
- 12 FAQs on Update Address in Aadhar Card
आधार कार्ड के पते में बदलाव मुख्य रूप से तब आवश्यक होता है जब कोई व्यक्ति स्थायी रूप से स्थानांतरित होने का फैसला करता है और पते को एक नए स्थान पर बदल देता है। आम धारणा के विपरीत, आधार कार्ड अपडेट एक सहज और आसान प्रक्रिया है जिसे ऑनलाइन और ऑफलाइन दोनों तरीकों से किया जा सकता है। आधार कार्ड अपडेट से संबंधित सेवाओं के लिए डिज़ाइन किए गए मोबाइल एप्लिकेशन के माध्यम से भी आधार कार्ड अपडेट किया जा सकता है। आधार कार्ड भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण या यूआईडीएआई द्वारा तैयार किए जाते हैं।
चाहे वह नए नंबर का असाइनमेंट हो या आधार कार्ड अपडेट, यूआईडीएआई पूरे आधार पारिस्थितिकी तंत्र को नियंत्रित करने का सर्वोच्च अधिकार है। UIDAI भारत का एक वैधानिक प्राधिकरण है। यह आधार (वित्तीय और अन्य सब्सिडी, लाभ और सेवाओं का लक्षित वितरण) अधिनियम, 2016 (“आधार अधिनियम 2016”) के तहत स्थापित किया गया था। how many times we can update address in aadhar card
What is an Aadhar card?
Aadhar is a 12-digit unique number which is rolled out by the Indian government for identification purposes. It can be obtained by every citizen of India. An Aadhar number is unique for every citizen. So the Aadhar card stores the name, permanent address, picture, gender, fingerprints, Iris information and age of the enrolled person in a biometric format.
If a person wants to go for an aadhar card update, he/she can do so conveniently. So most of the time, a permanent change of location or house shifting leads to a requirement for an Aadhar card update.
Aadhar Card Address Change
When an Indian citizen decides to relocate permanently and goes for home shifting, an Aadhar Card update and change of address become essential. The Aadhar card address change can be done-
- Online Aadhar Card Address Change
- Offline Aadhar Card Address Change
Online Aadhar Card Address Change @ https://uidai.gov.in/
The Aadhar card update and address change is a seamless online process and can be done by the user himself.
Follow the mentioned steps for Aadhar Card update after house shifting.
- To go for the change of address or Aadhar card update, go to the official website of the UIDAI, i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/.
- On the homepage of the UIDAI website, click on the ‘My Aadhar’ option.
- Here, under the Update, Your Aadhar section, click on the ‘Update Demographics Data and Check Status.
- As soon as you click on the Update Demographics Data and Check Status tab, the user will be redirected to the following web page.
- On this page, you will have to log in using your Aadhar number and a Time Password (OTP). As soon as you enter your Aadhar number, an OTP will be sent to the linked/r registered mobile number. Key in the received OTP and Captcha code, and you will be logged into the Aadhar system.
- Once you are logged into the UIDAI system, the window will appear on a computer screen.
After Above all the steps follow the steps given below
- Click on the ‘Update Aadhar Online’ option and you will be redirected to the following window.
- If you have chosen to go for an Aadhar card update and change in permanent address, Choose an address from the option on the redirected page and click on the ‘Proceed to Update Aadhar’. The following webpage will be displayed.
- On this webpage, the present address of the person (As displayed in the Aadhar card) will be displayed. Here, the option of Aadhar card update and entering the new address will appear. So you will be required to enter the new home address, building number, Pincode and the concerned city.
- For Aadhar card update or Aadhar card Address change, you will have to upload a supporting document which verifies the new home address in a clearer manner. The authorities might verify the address once the request is submitted.
- Once you have entered the updated Aadhar number, click on the ‘Next’ button and proceed with the payment. The user will be charged a total of Rs 50.
- Once the payment is made for the Aadhar card address change is verified, the internal team will verify the home address change request.
The application for Aadhar Card Address Change will be accepted. The update request will be processed within 90 days of the Aadhar card address change. Therefore the Aadhar card update is necessary as a key document like Aadhar must not have an outdated permanent address. Moreover, as Aadhar is used for almost every identification and verification purpose, an up to date documentation is a must.
Offline Aadhar Card Update
The Aadhar card has become a key identification document for Indian citizens. As the aadhar card stores key information of the person concerned, the information must be up to date.
In addition to the online Aadhar card address change, the Aadhar card update or Aadhar card address change can be done in the traditional offline way. The Government has set up the Aadhar Seva Kendras (ASK) for the purpose of enrollment, editing and other Aadhar-related activities. The ASKs are open all seven days of the week and used by the common citizens for Aadhar enrollment etc.
The following services, including Aadhar Card Update, are available on the Aadhar Seva Kendras (ASK)-
- Aadhar Enrolment of New Users
- Update any demographic data in Government records such as Name, Address, Email id, Mobile Number, Date of Birth etc.
- Updation of the existing Biometric Data such as Iris Scan, Fingerprints and Photograph
- Print and Download Aadhar
- Application for PVC Aadhar card
- For enrolment and updation in the existing Aadhaar card, the user can also book an appointment with the nearest ASK.
The Union government is also making efforts to onboard the post offices, banking institutions, state government offices and BSNL offices for Aadhar enrollment, as well as Aadhar card update services.
Charges for Aadhar Card Update @ https://uidai.gov.in/
Although the enrollment and assignment of a unique Aadhar Number are free of cost, there are some fixed charges for other Aadhar card update services. Also, the summary of the charges related to the Aadhar card is as follows-
|Name of the Service||Charges|
|Compulsory Biometrics Update for Kids ()||Free|
|Any Biometric Update With or without Demographic Update||Rs 100|
|Only Demographic Update by the Residents||Rs 50|
|Download/Print Coloured Aadhar||Rs 30|
Aadhar Card Update using mAadhar App
The UIDAI has rolled out a state-of-the-art mobile application for Aadhar enrolment and updation services called mAadhar App. In addition to the mentioned ways, the Aadhar card address change can be performed using the mAadhar App.
To change the house address on your aadhar card or aadhar card address change, you will have to follow the mentioned steps-
- Download the mAadhar Mobile Application. If you are not a registered user, click on the ‘Register My Aadhar’ option.
- Log in to your account using your Aadhar card number and OTP received on the mobile.
- Then go to the option of ‘Update Address Online.
- You will be asked to fill in the present address details, new address details and a supporting document indicating the new address. Once filled, the internal team of UIDAI will verify the address and update the address in the Aadhar card. You will get your new aadhar card with the new address.
How to Check Aadhar Card Address Update Status @ https://uidai.gov.in
Aadhar card update is a seamless process and can be completed online. Once you have applied for the Aadhar card update address online, you can check the status of the aadhar card address update.
Check Aadhar Card Update Status on mAadhar Mobile Application
If you have applied on the mAadhar mobile application, Click on the ‘Address Update Status’ button on the mobile application. The mobile app will prompt you to enter the request or application number. Provide the details and ‘The Aadhar card address update will be shown on the mobile screen.
Check Aadhar Card Update Status on UIDAI website @https://uidai.gov.in/
If you have applied for the Aadhar card update on the website, follow the mentioned steps to check the status of the update.
- Go to the website of UIDAI or https://uidai.gov.in/
- Then click on the ‘Check Aadhar Update Status’ under the ‘Update Your Aadhar’ section.
- A window will be opened
- You will have to enter your Enrollment Id. If you have lost your enrollment number, you can retrieve it using your mobile number. Enter the ID and captcha code.
- Then click on the Submit button. The Aadhar card Update Status will be displayed on the screen.
Documents Required to Update Aadhar @ https://uidai.gov.in/
It must be noted that before updating an Aadhar card, the applicant must have some of the key documents which will be uploaded as proof of name/permanent address/age etc.
The following documents are admissible for Aadhar Card Update-
- Address Proof: Voter Id Card, Bank Account Passbook, Insurance Policy Etc
- ID Proof: Driving License, PAN card, Passport, Voter id
- Date of Birth (DoB) Proof: Birth Certificate, Passport, Pan card etc
- Relationship Proof: Passport, Pension Card, Ration Card, etc
FAQs on Update Address in Aadhar Card
What is the easiest way to change address?
Go to USPS.com/move to change your address online. This is the fastest and easiest way, and you immediately get an email confirming the change. Hence there is a $1.10 charge to change your address online. You will need a credit or debit card and a valid email address.
What is the difference between a permanent address and a residential address?
Either it can be your office or factory address or vacation address. But a residential address is where one lives. Obviously, it means the home address or permanent address. The correspondence address is temporary, whereas a residential address is the long-term dwelling place. how to update the address in the aadhar card online