How to Change Photo in Aadhar Card: The Aadhaar card is one of the most important government identity proofs as it contains both demographic as well as biometric data of the cardholder. However, there may be situations where a person may be required to update his details in Aadhaar. There are two ways to update Aadhaar, one through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) and the other by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. how to change the photo on aadhar card online
आधार कार्ड सबसे महत्वपूर्ण सरकारी पहचान प्रमाणों में से एक है क्योंकि इसमें कार्ड धारक के जनसांख्यिकीय और बायोमेट्रिक डेटा दोनों शामिल हैं। हालांकि, ऐसी स्थितियां हो सकती हैं जहां किसी व्यक्ति को आधार में अपना विवरण अपडेट करने की आवश्यकता हो सकती है। आधार को अपडेट करने के दो तरीके हैं, एक सेल्फ सर्विस अपडेट पोर्टल (एसएसयूपी) के माध्यम से और दूसरा आधार नामांकन केंद्र पर जाकर। how to change photo in aadhar card online in hindi
How to Change/Update Photo in Aadhaar Card
You can get your details in your Aadhaar card updated by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. You can follow the steps mentioned below to change the photo on your Aadhaar card:
- Visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre/ Aadhaar Sewa Kendra
- Download the Aadhaar Enrolment/Correction/Update Form from UIDAI’s website
- Fill the form with due diligence
- Submit your form to the executive and provide your biometric details
- Now, the executive will take your live photograph
- You will have to provide biometrics to approve your details
- A fee of Rs. 100 will have to be paid to get the details updated
- You will get an Acknowledgement slip containing the URN
- The Update Request Number (URN) can be used to check the UIDAI Aadhaar update status
Steps to Download the Updated Photo Aadhaar Card
Once your request to change the photo in Aadhar is processed, you can download the updated Aadhaar card online. Follow the steps mentioned below to download the updated Aadhaar Card:
- Visit the official website page of Aadhar at https://uidai.gov.in/
- Go to the ‘My Aadhaar’ section
- Click on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option or you can also directly visit this link https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Click on ‘Download Aadhaar‘
- On the next page, enter your Aadhaar Number, Enrolment ID, or Virtual ID
- Enter the captcha and click on ‘Send OTP’
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and tick the check box if you want a Masked Aadhaar card
- Now, click on ‘Verify & Download’ to download a PDF of your e-Aadhaar card
Note: You can choose to download a normal Aadhaar card or a Masked Aadhaar Card. However, you will also have to refresh your Aadhaar details in the mAadhaar app after the update. So Aadhaar data has to be updated in the DigiLocker app as well.
HOW TO OPEN AFTER DOWNLOADING
Your E-Aadhaar card is password protected. Therefore, to open the Aadhaar Card PDF, you can choose either of these ways.
- Enter the PIN Code of the postal address that you have mentioned when registering for Aadhaar.
- So if the PIN Code doesn’t work, the password to your Aadhaar card PDF file is a combination of the first four letters of your name written in CAPITALS (Name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card) and your Year of Birth (in YYYY format).
- For example: If the Aadhaar card holder’s name is Rahul Sharma and his year of birth is 1980, then the E-Aadhaar password is RAHU1980.
How to change your Aadhaar card photo online
To change one’s Aadhaar card photo online, one needs to log in at the direct UIDAI link —
- Login at the direct UIDAI link — uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf;
- Then download Aadhaar Enrolment Form;
- Fill in the required details and submit them at the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment centre after booking an appointment online at the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment centre;
- Aadhaar Enrolment centre executive will authenticate your information and take your new photograph;
- Also, Collect your acknowledge slip along with the Update Request Number (URN).
It takes up to 90 days to get your Aadhaar card updates reflected on the website of UIDAI. Then you can check your Aadhaar card update status online using the URN given by the Aadhaar Enrolment centre executive. For Aadhaar card photo change, one needs to pay ₹100 plus GST. One will get acknowledge slip along with the Update Request Number (URN) only after payment of this charge.
Important Points Related to Aadhaar Card Update
- No document is required for changing the photo in the Aadhaar card
- You do not have to submit a photograph as the executive clicks the photograph on the spot using the webcam
- Then it may take up to 90 days to get the details updated in Aadhaar
- You can check the Aadhaar update status online using the URN provided in the Acknowledgement Slip
- Hence there is no online process to change photos in the Aadhar card through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
What are the details which can be changed how many numbers of times?
The following are some of the details which can be changed:
- NAME: The name can be changed twice.
- DATE OF BIRTH: In Aadhaar, the date of birth can never be modified. It is only conceivable if there is a chance of a mistake occurring during the data entry process.
- CHANGE OF ADDRESS AND GENDER: This is a one-time modification to the address and gender fields.
How to change beyond limits?
Changes to the name, gender, or date of birth on the Aadhaar card beyond a specified limit are available by visiting a UIDAI regional office.
FAQs on How to Change Photo in Aadhar Card
Can we change only the photo on the Aadhar card?
Currently, you cannot update the photo on the Aadhaar Card online. So the Aadhaar Card status can be checked with the help of the URN. No documents need to be submitted to change the photo on the Aadhaar Card.
How many times can I change my Aadhar card photo?
Charges: Rs 50 per request, more than one detail can be updated at once,” an official UIDAI tweet has said.
What are the documents required for changing photos on the Aadhar card?
There is no document required like address proof or any other details for changing the photo on the Aadhaar card. So there is no need for a photograph to be submitted by you at the enrolment centre. Also, the executive will click your live photo using their photo-taking equipment (usually a webcam).
How can I change my Aadhar card photo at home?
There is no facility to update/change the photo in the Aadhaar card, online through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). So you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment centre for an Aadhar Card photo change. So you don’t require any address proof or any other details for changing the photo in the Aadhaar card.
How long does it take for Aadhar card correction?
Normally 90% of the update request is completed within 30 days. Therefore there is no restriction on the number of Aadhaars which can be linked with the same mobile number.
How can I get my Aadhar card photo?
Don’t forget to smile at the time of capturing your photo. Don’t smile in a broad way instead of trying to open the smile in a light manner. The reflection that you are enjoying the photoshoot must flash up on your face. Finally, enhance your posture and ensure that you sit tall and stiff in the photograph.
How can I edit my Aadhar card?
You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). For other details updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center.
Can we make an Aadhar card twice?
Here is how you can get your duplicate copy of your Aadhaar card in case you have lost one:
- Log in to the official UIDAI website.
- Click on the ‘Order Aadhaar Reprint’ option.
- Then enter your Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrollment ID (EID).
Are there any charges for the Aadhar card update?
Aadhaar Enrolment and MBU (at 5 & 15 yrs) are free. Also, charges for updating Aadhaar are fixed: Rs 50 for the demographic update & Rs 100 for biometric update (with or without demographic update). how to change photo in aadhar card online at home