Aadhar Card Link Bank Account SBI: After visiting your bank branch, you need to fill out an application form concerning ‘Aadhaar linking. ‘ Enter the bank account details and your Aadhaar number without any mistake. You should carry a self-attested copy of your original Aadhaar for submission. The benefits of linking Aadhaar number with bank accounts are: Aadhaar is a valid Know your Customer (KYC) document to open bank accounts. Direct credit of subsidies from the government that includes LPG, kerosene, sugar etc. Direct credit of welfare funds, pensions, scholarships, MNREGA wages etc. aadhar card link bank account sbi atm
अपनी बैंक शाखा में जाने के बाद, आपको ‘आधार लिंकिंग’ से संबंधित एक आवेदन पत्र भरना होगा। ‘ बिना किसी गलती के बैंक खाता विवरण और अपना आधार नंबर दर्ज करें। जमा करने के लिए आपको अपने मूल आधार की एक स्व-सत्यापित प्रति ले जानी चाहिए। आधार नंबर को बैंक खातों से जोड़ने के लाभ हैं: आधार बैंक खाते खोलने के लिए अपने ग्राहक को जानो (केवाईसी) दस्तावेज के लिए एक वैध दस्तावेज है। सरकार से सब्सिडी का प्रत्यक्ष ऋण जिसमें एलपीजी, मिट्टी का तेल, चीनी आदि शामिल हैं। कल्याण निधि, पेंशन, छात्रवृत्ति, मनरेगा मजदूरी आदि का प्रत्यक्ष ऋण। aadhar card link with sbi bank account
Steps to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account through Internet Banking
A simple and quick method to link Aadhar with your SBI savings account is through internet banking. For this, you have to be a registered internet banking user.
Once you have an active profile, you can link Aadhaar to your SBI bank account by following these simple steps:
- Visit the SBI’s official website www.onlinesbi.com
- Log in to your internet banking account
- Click on the “e-Services” section
- Select the “Update Aadhaar with Bank Accounts (CIF)” option
- Enter your profile password and click on Submit button
- Now select your CIF number from the drop-down menu
- Enter your Aadhaar number twice and click on the Submit button
- Your Aadhaar will be linked with your SBI bank account
- You will receive a confirmation once it is linked successfully
How to Link Aadhar Card with SBI Bank Account through ATM
You need not worry if you do not have access to the internet. You can link your bank account with Aadhaar through ATM as well.
Here’s how to do it:
- Visit a nearby SBI ATM
- Swipe your card and enter your PIN
- Select the “Service Registration” option
- Now select the “Aadhaar Registration” option
- Choose the type of account i.e. Savings or Checking/Current
- Then enter your Aadhaar number
- Re-enter your Aadhaar number for confirmation
- Your request will be accepted by the bank
- Your Aadhaar will be linked with your bank account
How to Link Aadhar Card with SBI Bank Account through Mobile App
SBI account holders who operate their accounts through SBI YONO/SBI YONO Lite mobile app can link their bank account with an Aadhaar card online through the app as well. It is a very simple process and the account can be linked with Aadhaar instantly.
Here’s how you can link your Aadhar card with your SBI bank account using the SBI YONO app:
- Login to your SBI YONO mobile app
- Click on ‘Service Request’under Quick Links
- Next, click on ‘Profile‘
- Select ‘Aadhaar Linking’ option
- Then enter the necessary details including your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- You will get a message stating that your request has been processed and your Aadhaar number is successfully linked to your bank records
5 Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account through SMS
SBI account holders can also link their bank accounts with Aadhaar through SMS. However, to avail of this facility, it is mandatory for them to register their mobile number with the bank.
To link Aadhaar with your bank account through SMS follow the below steps:
- Type a message in the format UID
- Then send the message to 567676
- You will get a confirmation message on the successful seeding of Aadhaar
- In case your Aadhaar is not linked, you will get a message to visit the bank for Aadhaar seeding
- In case your mobile number is not registered, you will get a message stating the same.
Steps to Link Aadhaar to SBI Account by Visiting SBI websites
You can also link your Aadhaar number with the bank account through SBI’s websites. However, this process may not work now, as Aadhaar seeding is no longer mandatory.
- Visit sbi.co.in or bank.sbi
- Then select ‘Aadhaar linking for all SBI customers’ under the ‘Announcements’ section.
- Also, provide the SBI account number and the captcha code.
- Next, provide the Time Password sent on the registered mobile number.
- Then navigate the screens to get the 12-digit number linked.
- The status of the linking is sent on the registered mobile number.
How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account Offline
You can visit the bank’s branch where your account is being maintained and seed Aadhaar with your account in person.
You have to follow these simple steps:
- Visit your nearest SBI Branch
- Also, carry a self-attested and original copy of your Aadhaar card
- Fill out the Aadhaar seeding form and submit it to the executive along with the self-attested copy of the Aadhaar card
- The executive may ask for your original Aadhaar card for verification
- Then the executive will register your request and hand over the receipt to you
- Your Aadhaar will be linked with your bank account
How to Check If Your Bank Account Has Been Linked with Aadhaar
In most cases, you will be notified of the status through an SMS on your registered mobile number or email address with the bank.
If you plan on linking your Aadhaar to your bank account, you are unlikely to find any information on how to check the status of your request on the UIDAI website. Also, you will have to speak with your bank to know if your account and Aadhaar have been linked.
Previously, however, you could check if your Aadhaar and your bank account were linked via the UIDAI website.
The steps that were followed in this process were:
- Visiting the official website at “https://uidai.gov.in/”.
- You then had to navigate to the ‘Aadhaar service’ category and select ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking status.
- Then check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking status
- Once that was done, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar and the captcha provided. An OTP would then be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Then enter Your 12-digit Aadhaar
- On entering the OTP and logging in, a screen with the status of your request would be displayed.
- So if the linking was successful, the page would read ‘Congratulations! Your bank Aadhaar mapping is done.
Do note that the above steps may not be valid any longer. So if you wish to link your aadhaar card to your bank account, please get in touch with the bank.
FAQs on Aadhar Card Link Bank Account SBI
Can I update KYC online to SBI bank?
Customers must update their KYC information by emailing or mailing a copy of their identification and address proof to their bank branch. So if you choose the online route, the required documents must be sent to the branch’s email address from your registered email address
While it may not be mandatory to link your Aadhaar Card with your bank account, for now, it appears that there is no escaping the process. So, irrespective of the impending Supreme Court verdict, it is better for honest taxpayers to link their bank accounts with Aadhaar at the earliest.
What are KYC documents for SBI?
i) Passport ii) Credit Card Statement- not more than 3 months old iii) Salary slip iv) Income/Wealth Tax Assessment Order v) Electricity Bill- not more than 6 months old vi) Landline Telephone Bill – not more than 3 months old vii) Bank account statement viii) Letter from reputed employer ix) Letter from any recognized.
Can someone hack into my bank account if they get to know my Aadhaar number? Absolutely false. Also, just as by merely knowing your ATM card number, no one can withdraw money from the ATM machine; by knowing your Aadhaar number alone, no one can hack into your bank account and withdraw money.
Is an Aadhaar card mandatory to open a bank account?
New Banking Regulations: Aadhaar or Pan Cards Mandatory to Open Bank Accounts and Deposit Money. In its latest revision, banks have now made it compulsory to provide identity proof such as Aadhar or Pan Card to deposit or withdraw money and to open a bank account. aadhar card link bank account sbi online