Change of Address in Aadhar Card: The government of India established the Aadhaar program right after the Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI) was configured. Administered by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI), the Aadhar Card is a unique identity card that has been assigned to every citizen of India. It constitutes a 12-digit unique number that consists of a person’s demographic and biometric information. This unique number comprises all the necessary details that are relevant to a person’s identity. documents required for change of address in aadhar card
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI) accumulates biometric and demographic data of the individual, following which the Aadhaar Card is then issued by the UDAI. Aadhar Card is a unique identification card provided by the government, which facilitates receipt of benefits and subsidies from the government. The main aim of this venture is to offer each citizen of India the advantages of the services our government is providing.
भारत सरकार ने भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (UDAI) के कॉन्फ़िगर होने के ठीक बाद आधार कार्यक्रम की स्थापना की। भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (UDAI) द्वारा प्रशासित, आधार कार्ड एक विशिष्ट पहचान पत्र है जिसे भारत के प्रत्येक नागरिक को सौंपा गया है। यह एक 12-अंकीय अद्वितीय संख्या का गठन करता है जिसमें किसी व्यक्ति की जनसांख्यिकीय और बायोमेट्रिक जानकारी शामिल होती है। इस विशिष्ट संख्या में सभी आवश्यक विवरण शामिल होते हैं जो किसी व्यक्ति की पहचान के लिए प्रासंगिक होते हैं।
भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (UDAI) व्यक्ति के बायोमेट्रिक और जनसांख्यिकीय डेटा जमा करता है, जिसके बाद UDAI द्वारा आधार कार्ड जारी किया जाता है। आधार कार्ड सरकार द्वारा प्रदान किया जाने वाला एक विशिष्ट पहचान पत्र है, जो सरकार से लाभ और सब्सिडी प्राप्त करने की सुविधा प्रदान करता है। इस उद्यम का मुख्य उद्देश्य भारत के प्रत्येक नागरिक को हमारी सरकार द्वारा प्रदान की जा रही सेवाओं का लाभ प्रदान करना है। change of address in aadhar card by post
Steps to Update Address in Aadhar Card Online
An individual may need to update their address for various reasons. This can be done online as well as offline. You are required to visit an Aadhar Card enrolment Centre for updating other details like name, birth date, phone number, gender, etc. To update your address on your Aadhar Card online, follow the given steps.
- Visit the official UDAI website
- Select the Aadhar card section
- Click on ‘Update aadhar card online
- Select ‘Request for validation letter’
- Type in your Aadhaar number and the text verification
- Choose the option of ‘send one time OTP’ on your registered mobile number
- Type in the address verifier Aadhaar
- Click on submit
Please note: An address validation letter is required when you want to update your current address of residence and you do not possess a document proof. You can thus, update your Aadhar card through the consent and validation or authentication of the address verifier. change of address in aadhar card documents
The address verifier can be a family member, relative, landlord or even a friend who has allowed you to utilise their address as proof.
Given below is the procedure for updating the address in your Aadhar card through a validation letter
- Request initiation by the resident: Here, the resident must log in with Aadhaar and type in the verifier Aadhaar. Following this, the resident will receive SRN.
- Consent of address verifier: Here, the address verifier will receive a link on his or her registered mobile number. He or she must click on the link received, log in with Aadhaar and give consent.
- Submitting a request: Here, the resident will receive the confirmation of the verifier’s consent on his or her registered mobile number. Following this, he or she must log in with SRN, preview the address, if needed, select the local language preferred and submit the request.
- Secret code utility: Here, a secret code and letter are sent to the resident via post. Now, the resident must log in to the online Aadhaar address update portal and update his or her address via the given secret code. He or she must review the updated new address and submit the request. Later, a URN will be sent, so that the status can be checked.
- Reasons for updating your address in Aadhaar online- Firstly, this facility enables you to do the necessary updating and changes from the comfort of your home, office or wherever you are. You do not need to stand in long queues at Aadhar Card Enrolment Centres and wait for your turn. For filing an update request online, barely takes 10 minutes of your time.
Before you update your address in Aadhaar online, you must keep these points in mind.
- Firstly, to avail of any online service, it is significant to get your mobile number registered with UIDAI. An OTP is sent to your registered mobile number for every online service, following which you are required to provide this OTP to further the updation procedures.
- Secondly, you can utilise the facility of TOTP (Time Based OTP) to validate or authenticate yourself through the mAadhaar App. A TOTP is an 8-digit number that stays valid only for 30 seconds. This is because a new OTP can be generated every 30 seconds.
- Thirdly, a URN is created when your request for updation has been successfully submitted to the UIDAI without any errors.
Steps to Update Address in Aadhar Card by Visiting the Nearest Enrollment Center
An Aadhar card is a prime identity card that now comes in use for all walks of life. Hence, it is imperative that you update your Aadhar card as and when it is required accurately.
- In case you have relocated or shifted somewhere, and you need to get the address in your Aadhar card updated offline, you can visit any nearby Aadhaar enrolment Centre and get this done. At an Aadhaar enrolment Centre, you can not only update your address but also get your biometrics such as iris, fingerprint and photograph and demographics such as name, birth date, mobile number and email updated.
Given below are the steps to update or correct your address in your Aadhar card at an Aadhaar enrolment Centre:
- Fill out the Aadhaar update/correction form vigilantly
- Keep in mind that you enter accurate new information
- Keep ready self-attested documents that authenticate your update request.
- Submit these documents along with the form you filled out. Here are some pointers to follow and keep in mind while you visit and Aadhaar enrolment Centre to update your address:
- Visit the official UDAI website and log in
- Then click ‘Update Aadhaar’ under ‘My Aadhaar’ section
- Choose ‘Update Aadhaar’ at enrolment/Update Centre’
- The option of searching the nearest Update centre will be displayed
- You can either select state, postal PIN code or search box and type in your respective details
- Also, carry all your original documents along with you as it will be scanned for authentication purposes.
- Every time you visit an Aadhaar enrolment Centre for updation, you are required to pay a nominal fee of 50 INR.
Steps to Update Address in Aadhar Card by Post
Yet another alternative UDAI offers is to update your address on your Aadhar Card via post. To do this, follow the steps given below.
- Visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI)
- You need to download the Aadhaar Card update form
- Then take a clear printout of the update form
- You have to tick the box that is next to the address option
- Fill in all the remaining relevant details with vigilance
- Please note that you are required to fill this update form in the same language that was used when you enrolled for an Aadhaar Card
- Fill in the new address that needs to be updated on your Aadhar Card correctly
Fill in your accurate email ID and mobile number
You may send this filled form to any one of the two postal addresses mentioned here:
- UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh- 480001, India.
- UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034, India.
- Note- Once all the details are updated; the Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI) takes approximately 90 days for your details to be updated properly. These updates can also be seen on the Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI) website.
FAQs on Change of Address in Aadhar Card
What is the easiest way to change address?
Go to USPS.com/move to change your address online. This is the fastest and easiest way, and you immediately get an email confirming the change. You will need a credit or debit card and a valid email address.
How many days does it take to update the address in Aadhar?
Normally 90% of the update request is completed within 30 days. There is no restriction on the number of Aadhaars which can be linked with the same mobile number.
When should I submit a change of address?
You can make the Change of Address process faster and easier by notifying everyone who sends you mail of your new address and the date of your move, two weeks before you move. Most bills and statements have an area for making an address change notification.
How many times address can be changed in aadhar?
There is no limit prescribed by Government, but the maximum is 32 times as per the data structure I studied. When and where the required program may update.
Can we apply for an Aadhar card in the bank?
ICICI Bank has started the Aadhaar Enrolment/ Updation activity through its designated branches across India. Residents can visit these branches for Aadhaar Enrolment/ Updation. change of address in aadhar card documents required