UIDAI Mobile Number Update: You can update your mobile number by visiting the Permanent Enrollment Centre. If you are using Online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) for updates, then your mobile number should be registered with Aadhaar otherwise you can visit the nearest Permanent Enrollment Center along with supporting documents.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Update Aadhar Data
- 3 How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card?
- 4 In Hindi:
- 5 The process to change the mobile number in an aadhar card
- 6 How to Add Your Mobile Number to Aadhar Card?
- 7 Steps to Add Your Mobile Number or Email ID to Your Aadhar Card
- 8 3 methods to help you update the information.
- 9 FAQs on UIDAI Mobile Number Update
- 9.1 Can I change my mobile number online?
- 9.2 Do I need to submit any documents to change my mobile number?
- 9.3 Is it mandatory to update your mobile number to do any Aadhaar change online?
- 9.4 Is it mandatory to register the mobile number in Aadhaar if I request an update?
- 9.5 Is it possible to register a mobile number online?
- 9.6 Do I need to submit any documents to complete the registration process?
- 9.7 What should I do in case I lose my Aadhaar linked mobile number?
- 9.8 Will the Aadhaar number change if I update my mobile number?
- 9.9 Can I link 2 mobile numbers with an Aadhar card?
- 9.10 How can I register my mobile number on my Aadhar card without OTP?
- 9.11 How can I check my mobile number on my Aadhar card?
आप स्थायी नामांकन केंद्र पर जाकर अपना मोबाइल नंबर अपडेट कर सकते हैं। यदि आप अपडेट के लिए ऑनलाइन सेल्फ सर्विस अपडेट पोर्टल (एसएसयूपी) का उपयोग कर रहे हैं, तो आपका मोबाइल नंबर आधार के साथ पंजीकृत होना चाहिए अन्यथा आप सहायक दस्तावेजों के साथ निकटतम स्थायी नामांकन केंद्र पर जा सकते हैं।
Update Aadhar Data
Registered mobile number
- A registered mobile number is required to access Aadhaar online services
- You can verify your mobile number which has been declared at the time of enrollment or during the latest Aadhaar details update.
Verify Mobile Number
- If you have not registered your mobile number while enrolling for Aadhaar, you will have to visit a Permanent Enrollment Center to get it registered.
- Enabling Aadhaar for various services such as government and non-government services, subsidy benefits, pensions, scholarships, social benefits, banking services, insurance services, taxation services, education, employment, healthcare, etc., makes it necessary to ensure that The resident stored in the Aadhaar data CIDR is accurate and up to date.
How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card?
An important document in India is Aadhaar. The Government of India has made it mandatory to link certain documents with Aadhaar. If you want to update any details on the Aadhar card online, then the mobile number should be linked with Aadhar. In case the mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar, you will have to visit an Aadhaar centre to do so.
भारत में एक महत्वपूर्ण दस्तावेज आधार है। भारत सरकार ने कुछ दस्तावेजों को आधार से जोड़ना अनिवार्य कर दिया है। यदि आप आधार कार्ड पर कोई भी विवरण ऑनलाइन अपडेट करना चाहते हैं, तो मोबाइल नंबर को आधार से जोड़ा जाना चाहिए। यदि मोबाइल नंबर आधार के साथ पंजीकृत नहीं है, तो आपको ऐसा करने के लिए आधार केंद्र पर जाना होगा।
The process to change the mobile number in an aadhar card
You can change the mobile number for personal reasons or due to migration to some other place. If you want to change your mobile number then you have to visit the aadhar centre.
The procedure to change the mobile number on the Aadhar card is given below:
- Visit Aadhaar Service Center. You can find the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra at https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1. You will have to carry the Aadhar card with you when you visit the enrollment centre.
- You can request updates.
- Once the request is processed, you will receive an Update Request Number (URN). Then the status of the request can be checked with the help of URN.
- 50 rupees will be charged for changing the mobile number.
How to Add Your Mobile Number to Aadhar Card?
Linking mobile numbers with Aadhaar is mandatory. So the reason you have to link your mobile number with Aadhaar is that all the secure online authentication happens through OTP which is sent to the number registered with your Aadhaar card.
If your mobile number was declared at the time of enrollment, it is quite simple to update your demographic details on your Aadhar card. In such cases, the process can be completed online.
If, however, you have not declared your mobile number at the time of enrollment or your mobile number has changed, you will not be able to add your mobile number through the SSUP (Self Service Update Portal) portal.
Steps to Add Your Mobile Number or Email ID to Your Aadhar Card
The steps involved to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar or change your mobile number are as follows:
- Visit a Permanent Enrollment Center. You can find a Permanent Enrollment Center near you through the UIDAI ‘Locate an Enrollment/Update Centre’ webpage. Visit: “https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx”
- You will need to make a request with an operator at the enrollment centre.
- The operator will fill out the application form.
- If the documents need to be verified, the verification will be done by the verifier appointed by UIDAI, the registrar present in the enrollment or the update centre. The verification will be as per the recommendations of the DDSVP committee.
- The operator will then enter the details in the client software.
- After this, your biometric details will be verified.
- This will then be confirmed by the operator and their supervisor.
- Then you will receive an acknowledgement receipt. This receipt will contain the Update Request Number (URN). You can use this number to track your Aadhaar.
3 methods to help you update the information.
Update Customer Standards
Areas that can be updated: All biometric and demographic fields including local language.
Identity Authentication: Biometric verification.
- Any field requiring document verification will be verified.
- This verification is done by UIDAI appointed verifier, registrar or update centre present in enrollment.
- So the verification process will follow the guidelines laid down by the recommendations of the DDSVP committee.
Form Filling and Acknowledgment:
- A form will be filled by the operator on the update client and a biometric sign off will be provided against each request for an update.
- You will receive an acknowledgement receipt with the URN number which you can use to track your Aadhaar.
Update Client Lite (UCL)
Fields that can be updated: All demographic fields, the local language, and your photo.
Identity Authentication: Biometric authentication.
- Verification of documents will be done for the areas which need verification.
- This will be done by a verifier who has been appointed by UIDAI. This can also be done by the registrar present at the enrollment centre.
- So all verifications will be as per the recommendations of the DDSVP Committee.
- A form will be filled by the operator on the update client and all the updates will also have a biometric sign off by the operator.
- After doing so, you will receive an acknowledgement receipt. Then this receipt contains the URN number which you can use to track your Aadhaar.
Points of presence updated through AUA (Authentication User Agency)
Fields that can be updated: Demographic field.
Identity Authentication: Biometric authentication. However, UIDAI may also use other means of Authentication. Then this may involve sending an OTP to your mobile number.
Document Verification: Documents will be accepted by UIDAI, based on the Registrar’s verification.
Acknowledgement and Form Filling:
- This process will be done by the registrar’s operator on a device which includes Biometric Authentication Facility (Micro-ATM).
- The acknowledgement receipt can be in the form of a printout or SMS or email depending on the type of request. For example, a request for updating a mobile phone number may result in a URN being sent to your mobile via SMS.
- For more details, you may visit the UIDAI webpage regarding the update of details: https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/about-your-aadhaar/updating-data-on-aadhaar.html.
FAQs on UIDAI Mobile Number Update
Can I change my mobile number online?
No, you cannot change your mobile number online. So to change the mobile number you have to visit the nearest Aadhar Enrollment Center or Aadhar Seva Kendra.
Do I need to submit any documents to change my mobile number?
No document is required to be submitted for changing mobile numbers. However, you have to carry the Aadhar card with you.
Is it mandatory to update your mobile number to do any Aadhaar change online?
Yes, it is mandatory to update the mobile number to make any online changes in Aadhaar. Then an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number to process any changes made online.
Is it mandatory to register the mobile number in Aadhaar if I request an update?
If you are using the SSUP portal to do any update, therefore it is mandatory for the mobile number to be registered with Aadhaar.
Is it possible to register a mobile number online?
No, it is not possible to link a mobile number with Aadhaar online. You will need a Permanent Enrollment Center to complete the process.
NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022, Mobile No Tracker Online, Ayush Full Form, Mobile Locator, Free Career Guide, Simple Typing Test in Hindi, Driving License Download, My Individual Business, Niece Meaning in Hindi.
Do I need to submit any documents to complete the registration process?
No additional documents will be required to be submitted to complete the registration process.
To link the new number with Aadhaar, you have to visit the Aadhaar Update Center.
Will the Aadhaar number change if I update my mobile number?
No, if you update your mobile number then your Aadhaar number will not change.
No, you cannot link 2 mobile numbers with an Aadhar card. However, the same mobile number can be linked with multiple Aadhaars.
How can I register my mobile number on my Aadhar card without OTP?
You can register your mobile number with your Aadhar card without OTP by visiting the Permanent Enrollment Center.
How can I check my mobile number on my Aadhar card?
Visit the official website of UIDAI – uidai.gov.in. Check the tab of ‘Aadhaar Services’, under which you will find another option named ‘Verify Mobile Number/Email ID’. So you need to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number along with the email ID or phone number used at the time of Aadhaar enrollment.