UIDAI Update Status: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a statutory authority established under the provisions of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (“Aadhaar Act 2016”) on 12 July 2016 by the Government of India, under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). The Aadhaar Act 2016 has been amended by the Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Act, 2019 (14 of 2019) w.e.f. 25.07.2019. uidai aadhar update status
UIDAI was created to issue Unique Identification numbers (UID), named “Aadhaar”, to all residents of India. The UID had to be (a) robust enough to eliminate duplicate and fake identities, and (b) verifiable and authenticable in an easy, cost-effective way. Therefore as on 31st October 2021, the Authority has issued 131.68 crore Aadhaar numbers to the residents of India.
Under the Aadhaar Act 2016, UIDAI is responsible for Aadhaar enrolment and authentication, including operation and management of all stages of the Aadhaar life cycle, developing the policy, procedure, and system for issuing Aadhaar numbers to individuals and performing authentication and the security of identity information and authentication records of individuals.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Historical Background
- 3 How to Check Aadhaar Card Enrolment Status Online
- 4 Steps to Check Aadhaar Enrolment Status without Enrolment Number
- 5 How to Check the Aadhaar Card Update Status Online
- 6 How to Check Aadhaar PVC Card Order Status
- 7 FAQs on UIDAI Update Status
- 7.1 In how many days will I get my Aadhaar card?
- 7.2 How to check the Aadhar card status without a mobile number?
- 7.3 What is the URN number in Aadhar card status?
- 7.4 Can I check my Aadhar card status by entering my name and date of birth?
- 7.5 How do I check my Aadhaar details by name and pin code?
- 7.6 How can I check the lock/unlock status of my Aadhar biometrics?
- 7.7 Can I use my Aadhaar card as a document proof for a home loan; credit card or personal loan application if I have updated my details on the Aadhaar card?
- 7.8 How to cancel an update request?
UIDAI Update Status: भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (यूआईडीएआई) सरकार द्वारा 12 जुलाई 2016 को आधार (वित्तीय और अन्य सब्सिडी, लाभ और सेवाओं का लक्षित वितरण) अधिनियम, 2016 (“आधार अधिनियम 2016”) के प्रावधानों के तहत स्थापित एक वैधानिक प्राधिकरण है। इलेक्ट्रॉनिक्स और सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी मंत्रालय (MeitY) के तहत भारत के। आधार अधिनियम 2016 को आधार और अन्य कानून (संशोधन) अधिनियम, 2019 (2019 का 14) द्वारा 1.4.2015 से संशोधित किया गया है। 25.07.2019। www uidai gov in aadhaar card update status
यूआईडीएआई को भारत के सभी निवासियों के लिए “आधार” नामक विशिष्ट पहचान संख्या (यूआईडी) जारी करने के लिए बनाया गया था। यूआईडी को (ए) नकली और नकली पहचान को खत्म करने के लिए पर्याप्त मजबूत होना चाहिए, और (बी) एक आसान, लागत प्रभावी तरीके से सत्यापन योग्य और प्रामाणिक होना चाहिए। 31 अक्टूबर 2021 तक, प्राधिकरण ने भारत के निवासियों को 131.68 करोड़ आधार संख्या जारी की है।
आधार अधिनियम 2016 के तहत, यूआईडीएआई आधार नामांकन और प्रमाणीकरण के लिए जिम्मेदार है, जिसमें आधार जीवन चक्र के सभी चरणों के संचालन और प्रबंधन, व्यक्तियों को आधार संख्या जारी करने के लिए नीति, प्रक्रिया और प्रणाली विकसित करना और प्रमाणीकरण और पहचान की सुरक्षा शामिल है। व्यक्तियों की सूचना और प्रमाणीकरण रिकॉर्ड।
On March 03, 2006, approval was given by the Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India for the project titled ‘Unique Identification for BPL Families. Accordingly, a Processes Committee was set up on July 03, 2006, to suggest the process for updating, modification, addition, and deletion of data and fields from the core database to be created under the Unique Identification for BPL Families project. This Committee, on November 26, 2006, prepared a paper known as ‘Strategic Vision Unique Identification of Residents’. Based thereupon, the Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) was set up on December 04, 2006, to collate the National Population Register under the Citizenship Act, 1955 and the Unique Identification Number project of the Department of Information Technology.
Before its establishment as a statutory authority, UIDAI was functioning as an attached office of the then Planning Commission (now NITI Aayog) vide its Gazette Notification No.-A-43011/02/2009-Admn.I) dated 28th January 2009. So the first UID number was issued on 29 September 2010 to a resident of Nandurbar, Maharashtra. On 12 September 2015, the Government revised the Allocation of Business Rules to attach the UIDAI to the Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY) of the then Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
How to Check Aadhaar Card Enrolment Status Online
The applicant can check the status of the Aadhaar card online by visiting the online portal of UIDAI’s official website. There are no fees/charges to check Aadhar card status on UIDAI’s official website. Follow the steps given below to check the application status of your Aadhaar card online:
- Go to https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/CheckAadhaarStatus
- Then enter your EID (Enrolment ID) available on the top of your enrolment/update acknowledgement slip and captcha code to check the status of your Aadhaar card.
- The step-wise status of the Aadhaar generation will be displayed in the format
- Draft Stage > Payment Stage > Verification Stage > Validation Stage > Completed
Steps to Check Aadhaar Enrolment Status without Enrolment Number
If you have forgotten your enrolment number or misplaced your acknowledgement slip, you can find your enrolment number and then check your Aadhar card status with the enrolment number. Here’s how to check Aadhaar card status without an enrolment number:
- Visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/retrieve-eid-uid to retrieve your enrolment number
- Select if you want to retrieve the Aadhaar number or Enrolment number
- Enter the details such as your name, email address or mobile number and security code to send an OTP to your registered mobile number
- Then enter the OTP received to verify
- Upon verification, your Enrolment number/Aadhaar will be sent to your registered mobile number or email address
- So using this enrolment number, you can now check the status of your Aadhaar
How to Check the Aadhaar Card Update Status Online
You can request updating details in your Aadhaar card both online and offline. So the details usually get updated within 90 days of making the update/correction request. However, there can be a few delays in some cases. In such cases, you can check your Aadhaar card update status by following a few simple steps:
- Visit UIDAI’s website at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/CheckAadhaarStatus
- Then enter the SRN (Service Request Number) and captcha code
- The status of your update request will be displayed on the screen.
How to Check Aadhaar PVC Card Order Status
UIDAI provides the facility for people to get their Aadhaar card in the form of a specialized PVC card that comes with a number of security features. It generally takes up to 15 days for the delivery of a PVC Aadhar card to the address mentioned in the Aadhaar database. Here’s how you can check the Aadhaar PVC card order status:
- Go directly to https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/checkStatus
- Then provide your SRN and captcha code
- The status of your Aadhaar PVC order request will be displayed
FAQs on UIDAI Update Status
In how many days will I get my Aadhaar card?
Your Aadhaar card will be generated and sent to your address within 90 days of the enrolment. So you can keep on checking the status of Aadhaar to keep a track of it.
How to check the Aadhar card status without a mobile number?
You can check the application status of your Aadhaar card without using your mobile number by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or by providing the email address registered with UIDAI.
What is the URN number in Aadhar card status?
When you go for updating details in your Aadhaar, you get an update request number (URN) at the enrolment centre. Then you can use this URN to track the status of your Aadhaar card.
Can I check my Aadhar card status by entering my name and date of birth?
Earlier it was possible to check Aadhar Card status by name and date of birth, but as per the new guidelines now an Aadhaar number search can be done by entering your 14-digit Enrolment ID, date and time given on the acknowledgement slip at the time of enrolment.
How do I check my Aadhaar details by name and pin code?
There’s no such procedure to check for Aadhar card search by name and PIN code.
So you can check your Aadhaar details by entering your 12-digit Aadhaar Number or 14-digit Enrolment ID; the date and time are given on the acknowledgement slip at the time of enrolment.
How can I check the lock/unlock status of my Aadhar biometrics?
You can visit UIDAI’s website and log in to your account; using your Aadhaar and OTP to check the status of your Aadhaar biometrics. Alternatively, you can check the status of Aadhaar biometrics by logging in to your account through the mAadhaar app.
Can I use my Aadhaar card as a document proof for a home loan; credit card or personal loan application if I have updated my details on the Aadhaar card?
You have to first check the status of your Aadhaar card and if the details have been updated in it; you can download the new e-Aadhaar and use it as the documentary proof for the home loan; credit card or personal loan application.
How to cancel an update request?
Hence it is advised that you first check the update status. If the request is not picked, you can cancel the update request and the fee would be refunded in the next 21 days. uidai aadhar update status check