Link PAN Card To Aadhar Card: Linking your PAN with Aadhaar has become a mandatory process. So this is an important process as it will allow your income tax return to be processed. This means linking your PAN with Aadhaar is also necessary if you are doing banking transactions for an amount of Rs 50,000 and above.
Linking PAN cards with Aadhar cards is very easy and for this, the government has provided many ways. The deadline for linking PAN with Aadhar card has been extended till March 31, 2023. However, you will have to pay the fee for linking your Aadhaar with a PAN card now. A fee of Rs. 500 will be charged if the linking is done by 30th June 2022. After this date, you will have to pay a fee of Rs. 1,000 for the same. Learn in this article below how to link Aadhaar with a PAN card online and get your documents linked as soon as possible.
अपने पैन को आधार से लिंक करना एक अनिवार्य प्रक्रिया बन गई है। तो यह एक महत्वपूर्ण प्रक्रिया है क्योंकि यह आपके आयकर रिटर्न को संसाधित करने की अनुमति देगा। मतलब अगर आप 50,000 रुपये और उससे अधिक की राशि के लिए बैंकिंग लेनदेन कर रहे हैं तो अपने पैन को आधार से जोड़ना भी जरूरी है।
पैन कार्ड को आधार कार्ड से लिंक करना बहुत ही आसान है और इसके लिए सरकार ने कई तरीके उपलब्ध कराए हैं। पैन को आधार कार्ड से जोड़ने की समय सीमा 31 मार्च, 2023 तक बढ़ा दी गई है। हालांकि, आपको अपने आधार को पैन कार्ड से जोड़ने के लिए शुल्क का भुगतान अभी करना होगा। रुपये का शुल्क। 30 जून 2022 तक लिंकिंग कराने पर 500 रुपये चार्ज किए जाएंगे। इस तारीख के बाद आपको रुपये का शुल्क देना होगा। उसी के लिए 1,000। आधार को पैन कार्ड से ऑनलाइन कैसे लिंक करें और अपने दस्तावेज़ों को जल्द से जल्द कैसे लिंक करें, नीचे इस लेख में जानें।
People can get their PAN and Aadhaar linked online by following the steps given below:
- Visit the Income Tax e-filing website and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option under Quick Links
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar Number
- Enter the name mentioned in your Aadhar card
- If the date of birth is mentioned on your Aadhar card then you have to tick the box
- Tick Mark ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI’
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button
- Next, enter the OTP received on your mobile number and click on ‘Validate’.
- A pop-up message will appear showing Aadhaar successfully linked with your PAN card
NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022, Mobile No Tracker Online, Ayush Full Form, Mobile Locator, Free Career Guide, Simple Typing Test in Hindi, Driving License Download, My Individual Business, Niece Meaning in Hindi.
To link your Aadhaar with your PAN card through SMS, follow these steps:
- You have to type a message in the format
UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhaar> <10 digit PAN>
- Send the message in the above format to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number
- For example, if your Aadhaar number is 987654321012 and your PAN is ABCDE1234F, you need to type UIDPAN 987654321012 ABCDE1234F and send the message to 567678 or 56161.
PAN and Aadhar card linking is successful only if all your details in both documents match. If you have spelling mistakes in your name, your PAN will not be linked with Aadhaar. You can make changes by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center or through the portal of NSDL PAN. If there are any errors in your PAN card, you can rectify them by following these steps:
- The user can correct his/her PAN details using the NSDL website
- NSDL link redirects to the page where you can apply for your name correction
- Submit the signed digital document to update your PAN details
- Once your details are corrected in your PAN and confirmed by NSDL by mail, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar is very important for all PAN cardholders due to the following reasons:
- All PAN cards that are not linked with Aadhaar will be deactivated after March 31, 2023
- Linking PAN with Aadhaar will help in tackling the issue of multiple PAN cards issued under the same name.
- Your Income Tax Return Form will not be processed if your PAN is not linked with Aadhaar
- The user will get a brief description of taxes levied on him for future reference
Some of the benefits of linking your PAN with Aadhaar are:
- This eliminates the possibility of a person having more than one PAN card.
- If linking of Aadhaar with PAN enables the Income Tax Department to carefully detect any tax evasion.
- The process of filing income returns becomes quite easy as the individual is not required to provide any proof of filing his income tax return.
- Linking your Aadhaar with PAN will prevent the latter from getting cancelled.
- Linking PAN with Aadhaar will help in getting a brief overview of Aadhaar linked taxes for future reference.
It is important that the name mentioned on the Aadhar card and the PAN card is the same. The procedure given below can be used to link PAN card and Aadhar card:
Full name mismatch between Aadhaar and PAN
- If the name in the Aadhar card is completely different as compared to the PAN card, then the PAN database or Aadhar database will have to be rectified.
Partial name mismatch between Aadhaar and PAN
- If there is some minor discrepancy in the case of your name on your Aadhar card and PAN card, it can be resolved in the following way:
- If the name does not match, a Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the user who has registered it with Aadhaar.
- Thus in case of name mismatch, OTP can be used for verification purposes
- However, it is necessary for the taxpayers to ensure that the date of birth and gender details are the same
FAQs on Linking PAN Card to Aadhar Card
To link a PAN card with Aadhaar, one has to go to the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’. Once done, PAN number, Aadhar number and name have to be filled in. The IT department will validate the information and linking will be done accordingly.
Log in by entering your User ID, Password and Date of Birth.
A pop-up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN with Aadhaar. If not, go to ‘Profile Settings’ on the menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
Name, date of birth and gender will be mentioned in advance as per PAN details.
- Go to www.incometax.gov.in.
- Click on the option ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ under the ‘Quick Links’ head. ET Online.
- Then a new page will open on your computer screen. Now you have to enter your PAN and Aadhaar number.
- Then after entering the details, click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’.
Enter your PAN number, Aadhaar number, your full name and other details asked on the page. Then enter the captcha code. Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button given at the bottom of the page. Updates may take up to 10 days.
After that, the taxpayers will have to pay ₹1,000 as a fine. The CBDT notification dated March 29 states that non-linking of PAN with Aadhaar will make PAN inoperative after March 31, 2022. Therefore it can be activated on payment of a penalty.
If your PAN is not linked with the bank account, you will have to pay double TDS (Tax Deducted at Source). If your bank account is linked with your PAN, then you will have to pay 10% TDS. According to the CBDT, if you link your PAN and Aadhaar after the due date, the government may impose a penalty at the time of linking.
Can I deposit 3 lakh in a savings account without a PAN card?
Till now the limit for depositing cash without PAN was Rs 50,000 per transaction. A lot of people were depositing less than Rs 50,000 per day to avoid the PAN provision. But a circular issued on Tuesday said that deposits made between November 9 and December 30, 2016, will require PAN if the combined amount exceeds Rs 2.5 lakh.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar is a very easy process. So you can do this online or via SMS. You are not required to submit any documentary proof.
While linking your Aadhar card with a PAN card, you need to check your name, gender and date of birth. If there are errors, you can get them corrected before adding both documents.