How to Update Aadhar Card Online: The Aadhaar system provides single-source offline/online identity verification across the country for the residents. Once residents enrol, they can use their Aadhaar number to authenticate and establish their identity multiple times using electronic means or through offline verification, as the case may be. Aadhar Cards can come in handy when opening a bank account. The document can be used for KYC, identification and verification purposes. Financial institutions and banks consider Aadhaar Cards as valid addresses and photo ID proofs during the time of opening a bank account. Most important benefits of Aadhaar. Listed below are the most important benefits of Aadhaar (12-digit unique identity number). Aadhaar-based Direct Benefit Transfer (LPG Subsidy): The 12-digit individual identification number on the Aadhar card is used to get the LPG subsidy amount directly into the bank account. how to update mobile number in aadhar card online
आधार प्रणाली निवासियों के लिए पूरे देश में एकल-स्रोत ऑफ़लाइन/ऑनलाइन पहचान सत्यापन प्रदान करती है। एक बार निवासियों का नामांकन हो जाने पर, वे इलेक्ट्रॉनिक माध्यमों का उपयोग करके या ऑफ़लाइन सत्यापन के माध्यम से, जैसा भी मामला हो, कई बार अपनी पहचान प्रमाणित करने और स्थापित करने के लिए अपने आधार नंबर का उपयोग कर सकते हैं। बैंक खाता खोलते समय आधार कार्ड काम आ सकता है। दस्तावेज़ का उपयोग केवाईसी, पहचान और सत्यापन उद्देश्यों के लिए किया जा सकता है। वित्तीय संस्थान और बैंक बैंक खाता खोलते समय आधार कार्ड को वैध पते और फोटो आईडी प्रूफ मानते हैं। आधार के सबसे महत्वपूर्ण लाभ। नीचे सूचीबद्ध आधार के सबसे महत्वपूर्ण लाभ (12-अंकीय विशिष्ट पहचान संख्या) हैं। आधार-आधारित प्रत्यक्ष लाभ हस्तांतरण (एलपीजी सब्सिडी): आधार कार्ड पर 12 अंकों की व्यक्तिगत पहचान संख्या का उपयोग एलपीजी सब्सिडी राशि को सीधे बैंक खाते में लाने के लिए किया जाता है।
Updating data on Aadhaar
Registered Mobile Number
- A registered mobile number is essential to access Aadhaar Online Services
- You can verify your mobile number that has been declared at the time of enrolment or during the latest Aadhaar detail update.
Verify Mobile Number
If you have not registered your Mobile number while enrolling for Aadhaar, you are required to visit a Permanent Enrolment Centre to get it registered.
Enabling Aadhaar for various services like Government & Non-Government Services, Subsidy Benefits, Pensions, Scholarships, Social Benefits, Banking services, Insurance services, Taxation services, Education, Employment, Healthcare etc., makes it essential to ensure that the Aadhaar data of the resident stored in the CIDR is accurate and up-to-date.
Demographic data update, the need could arise from:
- Changes in life events such as marriage may lead to residents changing their basic demographic details such as name and address. Address and mobile number could also change due to migration to newer locations. Residents may also want changes in their relative’s details due to changes in life events such as marriage, death of a relative etc. In addition, residents could have other personal reasons to change their mobile number, email address etc.
- Changes in various service delivery platforms may lead residents to declare request changes and to add mobile numbers to CIDR etc.
- Errors were made during the enrolment process wherein the resident’s demographic data may have been captured incorrectly. Changes to the “DoB/Age” and “Gender” fields are expected primarily due to enrolment errors.
- Since a resident can enrol anywhere in India, it may happen that a native speaker of language “A” is registered by an operator of language “B” and consequently the resident’s local language of enrolment is “B”. Later, the resident may want to change the local language of enrolment to another that he/she prefers. If so, then all the demographic information that is printed on the Aadhaar letter will need to be updated in the new local language.
- UIDAI may also ascertain the availability of POI, POA and other documents collected at the time of enrolment/update and their quality and decide to notify residents to update their demographic information and submit the required document. how to update the address in the aadhar card online
Biometric update, the need could arise from:
- Age <5 years at the time of initial enrolment -The child should be re-enrolled when the child attains an age of 5 years and all biometric data should be provided. A de-duplication would be done for the child at this stage. This request will be treated like
- A new enrolment request while retaining the original Aadhaar number Age between 5 and 15 years at the time of enrolment – The resident should furnish all biometrics for updates when the resident attains the age of 15 years. Age >15 years at the time of enrolment – Residents are recommended to update their biometric data every 10 years.
- Events like accidents or diseases leading to a biometric exception
- As the Aadhaar authentication service is becoming ubiquitous, residents may also approach for biometric updates because of authentication failures (called false rejects – where a correct resident with a valid Aadhaar number may be incorrectly rejected) which may result from incorrect biometric capture or poor biometric quality captured at the time of enrolment. With improvements in technology, it may be possible to capture better quality biometrics in the CIDR.
- UIDAI may verify the quality of biometrics captured during enrolment/ update and decide on a threshold. All the residents whose biometrics are below the decided threshold level may be notified by UIDAI to update their biometrics.
Modes of Update
The Self-Service online mode offers address updates to the residents where the resident can directly place the update request on the portal. The Aadhaar number and registered mobile number of the resident are required to log in to the portal. The resident is authenticated using OTP on his/her registered mobile number. To complete the update process, the resident must upload the supporting POA documents, which will be verified against requested data later at UIDAI’s Update back-office by a Verifier. The resident needs to have a mobile number registered with Aadhaar for using this service.
Using self-service Update Portal for online Aadhaar Data Update
- Login to the SSUP portal using Aadhaar and OTP
- Then select the fields to be updated
- Fill the data in the selected fields
- Submit the form & URN will be generated
- Select the BPO for review of the update
- Then attach an original scanned copy of the support document
- Using the URN check the Aadhaar update status
By Visiting Permanent Enrolment Centre
These are modes where residents place the demographic/biometric update request with the help of an operator at a Permanent Enrolment Centre. In such a case, the documentary evidence is collected by the operator at the time of accepting the request. The document verification by the verifier also happens at the time of placing the Update request. UIDAI currently has envisaged three modes for Assisted Updates:
Update Client Standard
- Fields: All biometric and demographic fields as well as local language can be updated
- Identity Authentication: Biometric check at the back-end.
- Document Verification
- Verification is done for those fields which require documentary evidence.
- Verification is done by a verifier appointed by UIDAI/Registrars present at Enrolment / Update Centre.
- The verification procedure followed should be in line with DDSVP Committee Recommendations followed during the enrolment process
- Form Filling and Acknowledgement
- Done by the operator on update client as requested by the resident. Handles spelling, language issues, transliteration, etc. The operator will provide biometric sign-off against every update request.
- The Resident gets an acknowledgement receipt with an Update Request Number (URN) which can be tracked.
- फ़ील्ड: सभी बायोमेट्रिक और जनसांख्यिकीय क्षेत्रों के साथ-साथ स्थानीय भाषा को भी अपडेट किया जा सकता है
- पहचान प्रमाणीकरण: बैक-एंड पर बायोमेट्रिक जांच।
- दस्तावेज़ सत्यापन
- सत्यापन उन क्षेत्रों के लिए किया जाता है जिनके लिए दस्तावेजी साक्ष्य की आवश्यकता होती है।
- नामांकन/अपडेट सेंटर पर मौजूद यूआईडीएआई/रजिस्ट्रारों द्वारा नियुक्त सत्यापनकर्ता द्वारा सत्यापन किया जाता है।
- नामांकन प्रक्रिया के दौरान पालन की जाने वाली सत्यापन प्रक्रिया डीडीएसवीपी समिति की सिफारिशों के अनुरूप होनी चाहिए
- फॉर्म भरना और पावती
- अपडेट क्लाइंट पर ऑपरेटर द्वारा निवासी के अनुरोध के अनुसार किया जाता है। वर्तनी, भाषा के मुद्दों, लिप्यंतरण आदि को संभालता है। ऑपरेटर प्रत्येक अद्यतन अनुरोध के खिलाफ बायोमेट्रिक साइन-ऑफ प्रदान करेगा।
- निवासी को एक अद्यतन अनुरोध संख्या (यूआरएन) के साथ एक पावती रसीद मिलती है जिसे ट्रैक किया जा सकता है।
Biometric Update Process:
- Filling Application Form
- Manual Verification of proof
- Entry of Data into client software by the operator
- Biometric Authentication by Resident
- Operator & Supervisor’s Confirmation
- Acknowledgement of Receipt
FAQs on How to Update Aadhar Card Online
Can we update the Aadhar card online at home?
You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). For other updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) and Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center.
Is online Aadhar update free?
Aadhaar Enrolment and MBU (at 5 & 15 yrs) are free. So charges for updating Aadhaar are fixed: Rs 50 for the demographic update & Rs 100 for biometric update (with or without demographic update).
Can the Aadhaar card be updated in the bank?
You can update this by visiting the bank branch where you have an account. So you can edit the date of birth, name, mobile number, address, biometric, gender, photograph and e-address in the Aadhaar card. You will also have to pay some charges to get the Aadhaar card updated at the bank.
Can I update my Aadhar card at the post office?
Aadhaar holders can now get their UID numbers corrected or updated through post offices. Therefore entering into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with India post, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has propelled this facility under which updates about Aadhaar can be accessed at post offices. how to update aadhar card mobile number online