Aadhar Card Online Update: Aadhaar is a 12-digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. The number serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. The Aadhaar system provides single-source offline/online identity verification across the country for the residents. Once residents enrol, they can use their Aadhaar number to authenticate and establish their identity multiple times using electronic means or through offline verification, as the case may be. On 11 March 2016, the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, benefits and services) Act, 2016, was passed in the Lok Sabha. aadhar card update online
आधार भारत सरकार की ओर से भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण द्वारा जारी एक 12 अंकों की व्यक्तिगत पहचान संख्या है। संख्या भारत में कहीं भी पहचान और पते के प्रमाण के रूप में कार्य करती है। आधार प्रणाली निवासियों के लिए पूरे देश में एकल-स्रोत ऑफ़लाइन/ऑनलाइन पहचान सत्यापन प्रदान करती है। एक बार जब निवासी नामांकन कर लेते हैं, तो वे इलेक्ट्रॉनिक माध्यमों का उपयोग करके या ऑफ़लाइन सत्यापन के माध्यम से, जैसा भी मामला हो, कई बार अपनी पहचान प्रमाणित करने और स्थापित करने के लिए अपने आधार नंबर का उपयोग कर सकते हैं। 11 मार्च 2016 को, आधार (वित्तीय और अन्य सब्सिडी, लाभ और सेवाओं का लक्षित वितरण) अधिनियम, 2016 लोकसभा में पारित किया गया था। aadhar card mobile number update online
Update Aadhar Card Online
You can update/change the demographic details on your Aadhaar card online anytime-anywhere through the official UIDAI website. However, your mobile number should be linked with your Aadhaar card to make the updates/changes online.
What Details can be Updated in the Aadhaar Card Online?
As per the latest developments, you can get your name (minor changes), date of birth, address, gender and language changed/updated in your Aadhaar card online through the official UIDAI website. You can also change/update your mobile number in your Aadhaar card online via the Indian Postal Service website.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
A person can change his/her address, name (minor changes), date of birth, gender and language on the Aadhaar card online. In order to change/update/correct the details of your Aadhaar card online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
- In the new window, click on “Login”
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, and captcha code and click on “Send OTP”
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database to login into your Aadhaar account
- Under Services, click on “Update Aadhaar Online” to update your name, gender, date of birth, address and language written on your Aadhaar card
- On the next page, click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”
- Choose the Aadhaar details that you want to update and click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”. However, do remember that there is a limit on the number of times you can make an update/ correction on your Aadhaar
- Now you can see your details as they currently exist on your Aadhaar card. Enter the details that you want to update/change and upload scanned copies of the supporting documents
- Check the preview of the newly added details and pay the online update fee of Rs. 50 (non-refundable) using debit/credit card or net banking.
After payment, an Update Request Number (URN) is generated that can be used to check the status of the Aadhaar update request. The update process usually takes up to 90 days to complete. Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card printed out.
Update Aadhaar Card Offline
People who are not proficient in using the internet can update Aadhaar card details offline. For this, they have to visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra. You can find more details about such facilitation centres.
What Details Can be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Offline?
Biometrics data can only be updated/changed by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. However, you can also update/change your mobile number and email id offline by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre
You can get details of your Aadhar card updated by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Here is how you can do it easily:
- Fill out the Aadhaar correction form i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf. Make sure you enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request and submit the Aadhar form along with documents.
- So you need to pay a fee for every such visit to the Enrolment Centre for updates or corrections.
- You can get all your details including your biometric data, image, mobile number, etc. updated at the enrolment centre.
- Moreover, you can also visit various banks to update your Aadhaar card. For example, the Axis Bank Aadhar card update allows you to make changes to your Aadhaar Card by visiting the nearest Axis bank branch. how to update your aadhar card online
Note: Whether you update one field or many, charges for the Aadhaar Update will be Rs. 100 (if you are also updating biometrics) and Rs. 50 (if only demographic details are being updated).
Important Things to be Kept in Mind While Updating Aadhaar Card Details
- The changes that you enter must be correct and appropriate documents which an individual is attaching with the form must be approved and self-attested.
- So your required details must be filled in in English or in the local language.
- While correcting the Aadhaar card details, it must be made sure that the URN is kept safe as it helps to track the Aadhar card status.
- In case, your mobile number is not registered, then you must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment to make corrections to your Aadhaar card.
- Make sure that all the details entered in the correction form are filled in capital letters.
- All the necessary information must be filled and no option should be kept unattended.
- Only those documents that are required as proof should be sent along with the form.
- Then the corrected Aadhar card will be sent to the address mentioned in the Aadhaar card.
- The photocopy of the documents sent must be self-attested.
How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
There are instances where people lose their mobile number or deactivate it due to some reason or the other. In case you have switched to a new mobile number, you can get it updated in UIDAI’s database. Follow these simple steps to know how to link a mobile number with an Aadhaar card:
- Go to a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Fill out the Aadhaar Update/Correction Form
- Then submit the form to the Aadhaar executive
- Pay a fee of Rs. 50 for the service
- You will be given an acknowledgement slip that contains the Update Request Number (URN). The URN can be used to check the status of your update request
- Your mobile number will be updated in Aadhaar’s database within 90 days
FAQs on Aadhar Card Online Update
Are there any criteria to be met in order to request changes online?
In order to change your demographic details online, you have to submit scanned copies of the necessary documents. In case your document is not accepted by UIDAI, the update request will be rejected.
Should I submit my update request in a local language as well?
You can submit the update request in any language you feel comfortable with. The language is not an issue while updating the details in Aadhar.
In case your mobile is not registered with UIDAI, you will not be able to avail any of the online facilities related to Aadhaar. So you can get your mobile number linked with Aadhaar by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or online via the Indian Postal Service website.
Is it possible to request a change in information through offline modes?
Only residential address, date of birth, name, gender, mobile number, email id and language can be updated online. However, you can update all your biometric and demographic details by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
Can we update our mobile number in aadhar online at home?
For these services, you don’t need to visit any Aadhaar centre. So the UIDAI has recently allowed users to update their Aadhaar-linked mobile numbers from home only.
Can mobile numbers be updated on Aadhar cards via online mode?
- Visit your telecom operator’s website i.e, Vodafone, Airtel, Jio etc.
- Go to update/link mobile number with Aadhaar card tab and enter the mobile number that you want to update or verify with Aadhaar.
- Once you submit the number, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. aadhar card address update online