SSUP UIDAI: You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). For other details updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center. The Aadhaar system provides single-source offline/online identity verification across the country for the residents. Once residents enrol, they can use their Aadhaar number to authenticate and establish their identity multiple times using electronic means or through offline verification, as the case may be. ssup uidai gov in ssup
आप स्वयं सेवा अद्यतन पोर्टल (एसएसयूपी) में अपना पता ऑनलाइन अपडेट कर सकते हैं। अन्य विवरण अपडेट जैसे कि जनसांख्यिकीय विवरण (नाम, पता, जन्मतिथि, लिंग, मोबाइल नंबर, ईमेल) के साथ-साथ आधार में बायोमेट्रिक्स (फिंगर प्रिंट, आइरिस और फोटोग्राफ) के लिए आपको स्थायी नामांकन केंद्र पर जाना होगा। आधार प्रणाली निवासियों के लिए पूरे देश में एकल-स्रोत ऑफ़लाइन/ऑनलाइन पहचान सत्यापन प्रदान करती है। एक बार निवासियों का नामांकन हो जाने पर, वे इलेक्ट्रॉनिक माध्यमों का उपयोग करके या ऑफ़लाइन सत्यापन के माध्यम से, जैसा भी मामला हो, कई बार अपनी पहचान प्रमाणित करने और स्थापित करने के लिए अपने आधार नंबर का उपयोग कर सकते हैं। ssup uidai gov in
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), responsible for issuing unique identification Cards to all citizens of India, is constantly bent on improving the operational efficiency and management involving the issuance, updations, authentications, and confidentiality of Information of the citizens of India. With an ecosystem consisting of registrars and enrolment agencies set up to collect biometric information, UIDAI is efficiently scaling up its reach to about 131 crore Indians and is expected to reach even higher numbers. However, challenges relating to such large-scale operations are numerous and time-consuming.
With Aadhaar Card being an essential document proving an individual’s identity as a citizen of India, it becomes equally important for everyone to keep it updated. Although there are numerous enrollment agencies set up at every nook and corner, it still would make a lot of sense if people could just perform some updations independently.
People change. So do their addresses and phone numbers. Mistakes happen. Even as minor as a spelling error in one’s name or age. And if these changes are to be updated in your Aadhaar document, then read on to understand what details can you update in Aadhaar Online,
What is the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP)?
Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal is an online tool introduced by UIDAI for its users to update their basic information online. With the new Aadhar Self Service Update Portal or simple Aadhar SSUP, one can easily change their basic information such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, and email address. These personal details can be easily modified without visiting any Aadhaar Enrolment Agency. The only mere requirement is that My Aadhaar Number should be linked with their respective mobile numbers.
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details Online?
Refer to the following steps to make the best use of the aadhaar self-service portal
- Start by visiting the official website – https://ssup[dot]uidai[dot]gov[dot]in/ssup/12-digit Aadhar number
- Once in, the users must log in to their Aadhaar dashboard. This can be done by clicking on the login button, redirecting users to a new page where they will have to enter their aadhaar number and captcha.
- Users will get a One-Time Password (OTP) on their registered mobile number.
- Remember to enter the OTP as soon as you receive it on your mobile, as there will only be a small window of 60 seconds to enter the OTP digits.
- Next, users will land on their dashboards.
- There will be a few online aadhaar services available for users to explore
- Sticking to the purpose, users should now click on Update Aadhaar Online option
- This will take users to a new page where instructions for updating the demographics are given
- Select the demographics tab, wherein users will have the option of updating their names (with minor edits only), date of birth, gender, language, and address. Besides that, for updating the phone number, email address, and biometrics, aadhaar holders are requested to visit the nearest aadhaar enrolment centre as special tools and instruments are required to capture biometric data.
- Enter the required fields under the demographic information tab. Here, a few options are available with dropdown suggestions wherein users can simply select from given choices. Care needs to be taken while selecting from the dropdown.
- Correction of name, address, and date of birth needs supporting documents to validate its authenticity. Users need to upload a scanned copy of these documents.
- Once the desired information is provided along with the scanned documents, users will be requested to pay 50 INR.
- Correction applicants can make their payment through credit/debit card or other UPI payment methods.
- Once the payment is successful, they will receive a confirmation text that includes a Service Request Number (SRN) as a reference number for further tracking update status.
- There will be an extensive process involved in the backend process of UIDAI.
- The Internal quality check operators will take in the update request and assess the information with the documents uploaded.
- Applications getting rejected due to mismatched information is not uncommon. Therefore, applicants are requested to be very careful when updating their knowledge.
- Post-completion of quality check, an SMS is prompt from UIDAI regarding the status of their application.
- Lastly, after the re-examination of the documents, the application is finalised, and a final SMS is sent to the applicant declaring the outcome of the reviews. As per UIDAI’s claim, the whole process will conclude within 30 days of submitting the request.
After completing the whole update process, users can download the aadhar card from their dashboards. Make sure to check if the updated details are correct. In case of any discrepancies, reach out to UIDAI Customer Care or simply repeat the process.
SSUP Portal – Self Service Update Offline
Subsequently, to update the Aadhaar card details other than Address, you will have to get it done offline. It is a bit of a hectic task, so to speak. Otherwise, the process is technically not that difficult.
In order to get your Aadhaar details updated offline, you need to follow these few steps carefully. The process is fairly understandable to the public.
The steps that you need to follow are:
- Visit your nearest Enrolment Centre by searching here: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/centersearch.aspx
- Fill out the form for correction of Aadhaar details
- Submit it along with your supporting proof documents
- Note down the Acknowledgement Number
- As given in the first point itself, click on the website URL to visit the site to search for an Enrolment Centre which is nearer to you. ssup uidai gov in update date of birth
As you can see, you can search for the nearest Enrolment Centre with the help of three given options namely:
- Pin Code
- Search Box
Once you have located the nearest Enrolment Centre, visit it along with the supporting proof documents accordingly. The proofs are mandatory in order to get your thing done successfully. The uploaded proof documents will be cross-checked by the UIDAI authorities.
For Old Sites:
The whole process would take around 2-3 weeks to get completed. Once you have deposited your application form along with your supporting proof documents, you will get an Acknowledgement Number.
With the help of it, you can search for the status of your application straightaway online. So with some delay, you can approach the same centre with the number for grievance issues.
FAQs on SSUP UIDAI
How can I check my aadhar status in SSUP?
- Check Update Status Online Using Aadhaar Number
- Go to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus. In the space provided there, input the 12-digit number on your UID card.
- Then do the Captcha verification.
How do I open the SSUP portal?
- First, you need to visit the official website link: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home.
- Just same as updating the name, address, and dob, you can even change the:
- Email Id.
- Phone Number
What is the SSUP portal in aadhar?
You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). For other details updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center.
How can I submit my supporting documents in case of the online self-service update portal SSUP )?
You will be required to upload originally scanned (with colour scanner) copies of the PoA document as per the Valid Documents List. Refer Link for valid documents.
Can I submit my Aadhar card online?
You can also apply for an online aadhaar card, known as an e-aadhaar card, by visiting the official website of UIDAI. So the first step for the aadhaar card application is to search for an enrollment centre nearby. After finding the enrollment centre the person can book an appointment online.
आप यूआईडीएआई की आधिकारिक वेबसाइट पर जाकर ऑनलाइन आधार कार्ड के लिए भी आवेदन कर सकते हैं, जिसे ई-आधार कार्ड कहा जाता है। तो आधार कार्ड आवेदन के लिए पहला कदम पास में एक नामांकन केंद्र की खोज करना है। नामांकन केंद्र खोजने के बाद व्यक्ति ऑनलाइन अपॉइंटमेंट बुक कर सकता है। https ssup uidai gov in ssup