How to Link PAN Card to Aadhar Card: The government issued a notice which made the linking of PAN and Aadhaar compulsory through the Finance Act, 2017. The linking of the two documents was supposed to be done by the 31st March 2021. This decision was made to make an individual’s Aadhaar mandatory when filing their taxes. Most individuals are not aware of the necessity and benefits of owning a PAN and Aadhaar Card. A permanent Account Number (PAN) is a number which is issued to an individual who pays their taxes. It is a 10-digit alphanumeric number that plays a vital role in a majority of various transactions which are made by an individual on a regular basis. how to link aadhar with pan card
A 12-digit unique identifier Aadhaar is an ID system which is used by Indian residents and is based on their demographic and biometric data. This personal data of an individual is collected and stored in the databases of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
The government had issued an order which made it mandatory for every taxpaying citizen of India to link their PAN with their Aadhaar Card. This linkage was expected to be done by every individual by the 1st of July.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Why Link PAN to Aadhar Card
- 3 How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Online through e-Filing Website
- 4 How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card by Sending an SMS
- 5 Correction Facility for Linking PAN with Aadhaar Card
- 6 Unable to Link PAN with Aadhaar? Here’s What to Do
- 7 FAQs on How to Link PAN Card to Aadhar Card
सरकार ने एक नोटिस जारी किया जिसमें वित्त अधिनियम, 2017 के माध्यम से पैन और आधार को लिंक करना अनिवार्य कर दिया गया था। दोनों दस्तावेजों को जोड़ने का काम 31 मार्च 2021 तक किया जाना था। यह निर्णय दाखिल करते समय किसी व्यक्ति के आधार को अनिवार्य बनाने के लिए किया गया था। उनके कर। अधिकांश व्यक्तियों को पैन और आधार कार्ड रखने की आवश्यकता और लाभों के बारे में जानकारी नहीं है। एक स्थायी खाता संख्या (पैन) एक संख्या है जो उस व्यक्ति को जारी की जाती है जो अपने करों का भुगतान करता है। यह एक 10-अंकीय अल्फ़ान्यूमेरिक संख्या है जो एक व्यक्ति द्वारा नियमित रूप से किए जाने वाले विभिन्न लेन-देन के बहुमत में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है।
एक 12-अंकीय विशिष्ट पहचानकर्ता आधार एक आईडी प्रणाली है जिसका उपयोग भारतीय निवासियों द्वारा किया जाता है और यह उनके जनसांख्यिकीय और बायोमेट्रिक डेटा पर आधारित होता है। किसी व्यक्ति का यह व्यक्तिगत डेटा भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (यूआईडीएआई) के डेटाबेस में एकत्र और संग्रहीत किया जाता है। how to link aadhar with pan card online
सरकार ने एक आदेश जारी किया था जिसने भारत के प्रत्येक करदाता नागरिक के लिए अपने पैन को अपने आधार कार्ड से जोड़ना अनिवार्य कर दिया था। यह लिंकेज 1 जुलाई तक प्रत्येक व्यक्ति द्वारा किए जाने की उम्मीद थी।
Also, Read- How to Link Mobile Number with Aadhar Card, How to Linking Via Online/Offline, Documents Required, FAQs… Read More
Why Link PAN to Aadhar Card
Linking Aadhar with a PAN card has become mandatory because your income tax return would not be processed if your Aadhar is not linked with PAN. Also, if you have to carry out a banking transaction above Rs. 50,000, you have to get your PAN card and Aadhar linked.
Linking PAN cards with Aadhaar cards is very simple and the government has provided various methods to do that. The deadline for linking PAN with the Aadhaar card has been extended till 31st March 2023. However, you will have to pay a fee to link your Aadhaar with a PAN card now. A fee of Rs. 500 would be charged if the linking is done by 30th June 2022. Post this date, you will have to pay a fee of Rs. 1,000 for the same. Know about how to link Aadhaar with your PAN Card online in this article below and get your documents linked at the earliest.
How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Online through e-Filing Website
People can get their PAN and Aadhaar linked online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the Income Tax e-Filing website and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option under the quick links
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number
- Enter the name as mentioned in your Aadhaar card
- In case the date of birth is mentioned on your Aadhaar card you have to tick the box
- Tick mark ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI’
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button
- Next, enter the OTP that you receive on your mobile number and click on ‘Validate’.
- A pop-up message will appear showing your successfully linked Aadhaar with PAN Card
NSP Scholarship Status Check, Mobile Tracker Google, UTC Full Form, LDC Typing Test, Shaladarpan Login, Lost Aadhar Card, NSP Scholarship Status Check, Vodafone Corporate Office India.
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card by Sending an SMS
In order to link your Aadhaar to your PAN card via SMS, follow these steps:
- You have to type a message in the format
- UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>
- Send the message in the above-mentioned format to either 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number
For example: if your Aadhaar number is 987654321012 and your PAN is ABCDE1234F, you have to type UIDPAN 987654321012 ABCDE1234F and send the message to either 567678 or 56161
Correction Facility for Linking PAN with Aadhaar Card
PAN and Aadhaar card linking are successful only when all your details in both documents match. In case there are errors such as spelling mistakes in your name, your PAN will not be linked with Aadhaar. You can make changes by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or through the portal of NSDL PAN. In case there are errors in your PAN Card, you can get them corrected by following these steps:
- The user can correct his PAN details using the NSDL website
- The NSDL link redirects to the page where you can apply for the correction of your name
- Submit signed digital documents to get your PAN details updated
- Once your details are corrected in your PAN and confirmed by NSDL over a mail, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar
Also, Read- Aadhar Card Online Update, Updation Through Online/Offline, Things to remember while Updation, FAQs… Read More
Unable to Link PAN with Aadhaar? Here’s What to Do
The Government of India has made it mandatory for all individuals to link their PAN cards with the Aadhaar card before the deadline (i.e.31st March 2023) as failure to link both will lead to the deactivation of PAN by the Income Tax Department and you will not be to file Income Tax Returns, etc.
Moreover, make sure your name should be the same on both the PAN card and the Aadhaar card. In case there is some spelling mismatch, you will be unable to link Aadhaar with your PAN Card. So you will have to get your name corrected and after correction, you will be able to easily link your PAN with Aadhaar.
In case your name on the PAN card is wrongly spelt, follow these steps to make corrections:
- Visit the e-filing website for the Aadhar Card
- Select the ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in Existing PAN Data)’ option from the drop-down menu
- Then select the individual category and enter your details
- Make payment and submit your form online after Aadhaar e-KYC
- Your updated PAN will be sent to your address
- Once you receive your PAN card, you can link your PAN with your Aadhaar
Job Application, Free Computer Institute Registration in India, Computer Courses Franchise in India, Computer Centre Franchise in India, Computer Centre Franchise Opportunity in India.
In case your name on the Aadhaar card is wrongly spelt, follow these steps to make corrections:
- Visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Carry a self-attested copy of your proof of Identity
- Fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form
- Then submit the form along with the documents
- You will get an acknowledgement slip that contains the update request number
- This URN can be used to check the status of your update request
- Once your update request is processed and the name is corrected, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar
FAQs on How to Link PAN Card to Aadhar Card
Why should we link PAN cards with Aadhar?
For the government, linking the Aadhar Card with the PAN card offers an audit trail. Now Aadhar card is a must for almost all transactions and the linkage provides a complete activity trail for the Income Tax department. So this will be the key to plugging revenue leakages.
Also, Read- Change Aadhar Card Address, How to Update Online/Offline, Documents Required, Updation without Proof, Reasons for Rejection, FAQs… Read More
What happens if we don’t link PAN with Aadhaar?
If you do not link your PAN to Aadhaar, it will become inoperative and you may face a slew of penalties. Linking PAN-Aadhaar after March 31 will levy a fine of up to ₹1,000, according to the Central Board of Direct Taxes. Besides, providing an invalid PAN will also attract fines up to ₹10,000.
How many days it will take to link Aadhaar with PAN?
- Enter your PAN number, Aadhaar number, your full name, and the other details asked on the page.
- Then enter the captcha code.
- Click the ‘link Aadhaar’ button given at the bottom of the page. It could take up to 10 days for the update.
What is the importance of PAN and Aadhar linking?
All PAN cards that are not linked with Aadhaar will be deactivated after 31st March 2023
Linking PAN with Aadhaar will help in tackling the problem of multiple PAN cards issued in the same name
Hence your income tax return form would not be processed if your PAN is not linked with Aadhaar
The user will get a summarised detail of taxes levied on him for future reference
Also, Read- PAN Card Link Aadhar Card, Step to follow Aadhar PAN Card link, How to check Status, Benefits of Linking, FAQs… Read More
How to Check the Aadhaar Card and PAN Card Linking Status
- Visit the e-Filing Income Tax Department page i.e. https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/AadhaarPreloginStatus.html
- Then select ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ under ‘Quick Links
- Enter your PAN Number
- Then enter your Aadhaar Number
- Now, click on the ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ button
- Your Aadhaar-PAN link status will appear on your screen. how to link pan card with aadhar