How to Link Mobile Number to Aadhar Card: The government has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with a number of documents and financial instruments making the Aadhar card one of the most preferred proofs of identity. In case you do not have Aadhaar, you can apply for an Aadhar card and get your mobile number registered in the Aadhar card during the enrolment process. Once Aadhaar is linked with these instruments, the government starts transferring subsidies under various schemes such as DBT, Pahal, etc. directly to the bank account of the beneficiary and a confirmation message is sent to the registered mobile number. In case your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar, you will not receive any such messages and will not be able to track the benefits that you are eligible to receive. how to link mobile number with aadhar card
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Steps to Register, Update or Link Mobile Number with Aadhar Card Offline
- 3 Two Offline Methods of Linking Mobile Number to Aadhar Card
- 4 Why You Should Link Your Mobile Number in Aadhar
- 5 Fee for Registering/Linking Mobile Number in Aadhar
- 6 Documents Required for Registering/Linking Mobile Number in Aadhar
- 7 Linking Aadhaar with SIM for New Users
- 8 FAQs
- 8.1 How to Register the Mobile Number with Aadhar Card First Time?
- 8.2 How Can the E-mail ID be Registered with an Aadhar card Online?
- 8.3 How Many Days Does it Take to Update a Mobile Number on an Aadhaar Card?
- 8.4 Can I Register Multiple Mobile Numbers with an Aadhaar Card Number?
- 8.5 What if A User is Not Getting Aadhaar OTP on His Registered Phone Number?
- 8.6 Is it Possible to Link Two Aadhaar Cards to the Same Mobile Number?
- 8.7 If My Mobile Number is Already Registered with Aadhaar, Should I Again Link My Mobile Number?
- 8.8 My Mobile Number is not registered with Aadhaar. Can I Avail Aadhaar Facilities Online?
सरकार ने आधार कार्ड को पहचान के सबसे पसंदीदा प्रमाणों में से एक बनाते हुए कई दस्तावेजों और वित्तीय साधनों के साथ आधार को जोड़ना अनिवार्य कर दिया है। यदि आपके पास आधार नहीं है, तो आप आधार कार्ड के लिए आवेदन कर सकते हैं और नामांकन प्रक्रिया के दौरान आधार कार्ड में अपना मोबाइल नंबर पंजीकृत करा सकते हैं। एक बार जब आधार इन उपकरणों से जुड़ जाता है, तो सरकार विभिन्न योजनाओं जैसे डीबीटी, पहल, आदि के तहत सब्सिडी सीधे लाभार्थी के बैंक खाते में स्थानांतरित करना शुरू कर देती है और पंजीकृत मोबाइल नंबर पर एक पुष्टिकरण संदेश भेजा जाता है। यदि आपका मोबाइल नंबर आधार के साथ पंजीकृत नहीं है, तो आपको ऐसा कोई संदेश प्राप्त नहीं होगा और आप उन लाभों को ट्रैक नहीं कर पाएंगे जिन्हें आप प्राप्त करने के योग्य हैं। how to link mobile number with aadhar card online
Steps to Register, Update or Link Mobile Number with Aadhar Card Offline
There was an online facility for registering mobile numbers in Aadhaar through the SSUP. But as of now, the facility has been discontinued and the applicant has to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update centre to register/update their mobile number in Aadhaar. The process takes up to 90 days for updation. Here’s what you need to do to register your mobile number in Aadhaar:
- Search the nearest enrolment centre by clicking on UIDAI Official webpage. Visit: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
- Fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form
- Mention your current mobile number that has to be updated in Aadhaar
- Submit the form and provide your biometrics for authentication
- The executive hands over the acknowledgement slip to you
- The slip contains an Update Request Number (URN)
- The URN can be used to track the status of Aadhaar updation
- You do not need to get another Aadhaar card after updating your mobile number in your Aadhaar
- Once your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar, you will start receiving Aadhaar OTPs for availing yourself of a number of facilities.
- You can also check the Aadhaar update status by calling UIDAI’s toll-free number 1947.
Two Offline Methods of Linking Mobile Number to Aadhar Card
SMS Based on Aadhaar and SIM Card Verification by Using OTP
Below-mentioned were the steps to re-verify the mobile number with Aadhaar by visiting a store and sharing the OTP. These steps were applicable to people who already had an existing mobile number.
- Visit the nearest store of your telecom operator
- Provide a copy of your Aadhar card that is self-attested
- Submit the mobile number and Aadhaar card details correctly to the store executive
- Use the re-verification application, a 4-digit OTP would then be generated and sent to your mobile number
- Submit the OTP to the store executive and provide biometrics
- After 24 hours, you would receive a confirmation SMS. Reply “Y” to complete the e-KYC process
Steps to Link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number by Using IVR
The Government of India to help all the telecom subscribers provided a single number for linking Aadhaar to SIM using interactive voice response (IVR) services. All the pre-paid, as well as post paid subscribers, could follow the below-mentioned steps to link Aadhaar with a phone number. how to aadhar card link with mobile number
- Dial the toll-free number 14546 from your mobile phone
- Verify whether you are a resident of India or an NRI. Press 1 If you are a resident of India to reverify Aadhar
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Then press 1 to confirm your Aadhar number
- Enter the mobile number registered with Aadhar to receive OTP
- Provide your consent to allow the telecom operator to access your DOB, name, and photo from the UIDAI database
- Enter the OTP received
- Then press 1 to complete the process of re-verification.
Why You Should Link Your Mobile Number in Aadhar
There are a number of reasons why you should register your mobile number in Aadhaar.
- For availing of most of the facilities related to Aadhaar, an OTP is sent to the registered mobile number. This OTP should be provided to avail the service giving Aadhaar an added layer of security. In case your number is not linked with Aadhaar, you will not be able to avail these services
- In order to avail of all online services related to Aadhaar, you have to get your mobile number registered with UIDAI
- You have to provide the OTP sent to your mobile number in order to download your Aadhaar online
- You can download the mAadhaar app and carry Aadhaar on your phone only when your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar
Fee for Registering/Linking Mobile Number in Aadhar
The applicant has to pay a fee of ₹25/- to avail of the service when he visits the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre for registering or updating his mobile number in Aadhaar. He will have to pay ₹25/- every time he goes for updating the mobile number. The fee is charged for updating requests every time. However, when multiple details have to be updated, no additional fee is charged from the applicant.
Documents Required for Registering/Linking Mobile Number in Aadhar
The applicant does not have to submit any documents for updating or registering the mobile number in Aadhaar. Therefore only the Aadhar update Form, which contains your current mobile number, has to be submitted along with the fee.
Linking Aadhaar with SIM for New Users
Users who wanted a new SIM needed to visit the nearest store of their mobile operators like Vodafone, Idea, etc. to get a new SIM with Aadhaar. Here are the steps that had to be followed for completing this process.
- Visit the mobile operator’s store
- Request a new SIM
- Then provide a copy of Aadhar for ID proof and address proof
- Use the Biometric Scanner to scan fingerprints and verify Aadhar
- A new SIM would be issued after completion of the verification process
- SIM would be activated approximately in an hour
- Then verify Mobile Number with Aadhaar Through OTP
How to Register the Mobile Number with Aadhar Card First Time?
You have to visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre, mention your mobile number in the Aadhaar Enrolment Form and submit it to register your mobile number with Aadhaar. Then you have to pay a fee of ₹ 30 to avail of this service.
How Can the E-mail ID be Registered with an Aadhar card Online?
The facility for registering e-mail IDs and mobile numbers with Aadhaar has been discontinued by UIDAI. So you have to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre to avail of this facility.
How Many Days Does it Take to Update a Mobile Number on an Aadhaar Card?
It takes around 90 days for the details to get updated in Aadhaar. However, a confirmation message will be sent to your mobile number after a successful registration.
Can I Register Multiple Mobile Numbers with an Aadhaar Card Number?
No, only one number can be registered with Aadhaar. However, the same mobile number can be registered with multiple Aadhaar cards.
What if A User is Not Getting Aadhaar OTP on His Registered Phone Number?
In case the user is not getting the OTP on the registered mobile number, he can check whether the number registered is the same by clicking on Verify Mobile Number at the UIDAI portal.
Is it Possible to Link Two Aadhaar Cards to the Same Mobile Number?
Yes, one mobile number can be linked with two Aadhaar cards. A person can link him as well as his family’s mobile number with Aadhaar.
If My Mobile Number is Already Registered with Aadhaar, Should I Again Link My Mobile Number?
You have to link your mobile number with Aadhaar only once. So you do not have to link the same mobile number with Aadhaar again and again
My Mobile Number is not registered with Aadhaar. Can I Avail Aadhaar Facilities Online?
You cannot avail of online services if your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar. Then an OTP is sent to the registered mobile number of the user that has to be entered to avail of the online services. how to check aadhar card link with mobile number