Aadhar Card Apply Online: Aadhar is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. The number serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. Any resident of India (newborns/minors) is eligible for an Aadhaar card. While the Aadhaar card is for adults, Baal Aadhaar is for children below five years. NRIs and foreigners staying in India for more than 12 months are eligible for the Aadhaar. One of the most important uses of the Aadhar card is that it permits the holder to avail of all government subsidies he/she is eligible for. Since the government already has all the necessary data on a particular individual, they need only produce their Aadhaar card in order to avail of the various subsidies or programmes. aadhar card online apply
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Aadhaar Enrolment
- 3 To summarise, there are three approaches for enrolment:
- 4 Apply for Aadhaar by Visiting an Enrolment Centre with Supporting Documents
- 5 Enrolling for Aadhaar Online
- 6 Checking Aadhaar Status
- 7 Downloading Aadhaar Card
- 8 FAQs
- 8.1 Can I get a new Aadhar card?
- 8.2 Can NRIs apply for Aadhaar cards?
- 8.3 Is there an age limit to apply for Aadhaar?
- 8.4 What details will be captured during the enrolment process?
- 8.5 In case I do not have all my fingers or both my irises, can I still enrol?
- 8.6 Will the operator charge any fee for Aadhaar enrollment?
आधार भारत सरकार की ओर से भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण द्वारा जारी एक 12 अंकों की व्यक्तिगत पहचान संख्या है। संख्या भारत में कहीं भी पहचान और पते के प्रमाण के रूप में कार्य करती है। भारत का कोई भी निवासी (नवजात शिशु/नाबालिग) आधार कार्ड के लिए पात्र है। आधार कार्ड वयस्कों के लिए है, जबकि बाल आधार पांच साल से कम उम्र के बच्चों के लिए है। एनआरआई और 12 महीने से अधिक समय से भारत में रहने वाले विदेशी आधार के लिए पात्र हैं।
आधार कार्ड के सबसे महत्वपूर्ण उपयोगों में से एक यह है कि यह धारक को सभी सरकारी सब्सिडी का लाभ उठाने की अनुमति देता है जिसके लिए वह पात्र है। चूंकि सरकार के पास पहले से ही किसी व्यक्ति विशेष के बारे में सभी आवश्यक डेटा हैं, इसलिए उन्हें विभिन्न सब्सिडी या कार्यक्रमों का लाभ उठाने के लिए केवल अपना आधार कार्ड दिखाने की आवश्यकता है।
The Aadhaar enrolment process includes visiting Enrolment Centre, filling out the enrolment form, getting demographic and biometric data captured, and submitting proof of Identity and address documents, before collecting an acknowledgement slip containing the Enrolment ID. The highlights of Aadhaar enrolment are: pvc aadhar card online apply
- Aadhaar enrolment is free of cost.
- You can go to any authorized Aadhaar enrolment centre anywhere in India with your proof of identity and proof of address documents
- UIDAI process accepts a wide range of PoI (Proof of Identity) and PoA (Proof of Address) documents. View the list of supporting documents. Common proofs of identity and address are election photo ID card, Ration card, passport and driving license.
- Photo ID cards like PAN cards and Govt ID cards are permissible for identity proof. Address proof documents also include water – electricity – Landline telephone bills for the last three months.
- In case you do not have the above common proofs, Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar / Village Panchayat Head or Mukhiya or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)/ Superintendent/ Warden/ Matron/ Head of Institution of recognized shelter homes or orphanages etc./ MP or MLA or MLC or Municipal Councilor on UIDAI standard certificate format as prescribed by UIDAI for enrolment/update is also accepted as PoI.
Some More Information
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar / Village Panchayat Head or Mukhiya or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)/ Superintendent/ Warden/ Matron/ Head of Institution of recognized shelter homes or orphanages etc./ MP or MLA or MLC or Municipal Councilor on UIDAI standard certificate format as prescribed by UIDAI for enrolment/update is also accepted as valid PoA.
- Even if someone in a family does not have individual valid documents, the resident can still enrol if his/her name exists in the family entitlement document. In this case, the Head of Family in the entitlement document needs to be enrolled first with valid PoI & PoA document. The head of the Family can then introduce other members of the family while they are enrolling. UIDAI accepts many document types as Proof of Relationship. Please view the list of supporting documents.
- Where there are no documents available, residents may also take the help of Introducers available at the enrolment centre. The Introducers are notified by the Registrar. For further details please contact the office of the concerned Registrar. apply aadhar card online for child
To summarise, there are three approaches for enrolment:
- Submission of one valid Proof of Identity (PoI) document and one valid Proof of Address(PoA) document
- Head Of Family (Hof)-based
- The Head of the family (HoF) may introduce family members by means of documents, which establish the Proof of Relationship (PoR).
- In the absence of valid Proof of Identity (PoI) document and a valid Proof of Address (PoA) document, an introducer’s service can be leveraged. An introducer is a person appointed by the Registrar and should have a valid Aadhaar number.
- At the enrolment Centre, please fill in your personal details within the Enrolment Form. Your photo, fingerprints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrolment. You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrolment itself. You will get an acknowledgement slip with an enrolment number and other details captured during enrolment. Any correction in the enrolment data can be done within 96 hours of enrolment by visiting the enrolment centre with the acknowledgement slip.
Apply for Aadhaar by Visiting an Enrolment Centre with Supporting Documents
Once you choose your enrolment centre, you would have to make an appointment online to visit the centre. You will need to visit the centre along with certain documents These are:
- Identity proof documents – PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving Licence, etc.
- Address proof documents – Water/Electricity/Gas Bill, PAN Card, Passport, etc.
- In case you don’t have any individual valid document – the family entitlement document contains your details (the head of the family should be enrolled for Aadhaar in this case).
- If you don’t satisfy any of the above criteria, you can seek help from an Introducer at the enrolment centre who is appointed by the Registrar and has a valid Aadhaar number.
Enrolling for Aadhaar Online
If you want to enrol for Aadhaar online, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the UIDAI website and download the Aadhaar enrollment form and take a printout.
- Fill out the form with relevant information.
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar enrollment centre with the filled form and the necessary documents.
- Submit the application form and documents and undergo the biometric process.
- Once all the necessary process is complete, you will receive an acknowledgement receipt.
Checking Aadhaar Status
You can check the status of your Aadhaar in case you have enrolled for it at an Enrolment Centre. You will need your Enrolment ID or EID in order to check your status. Your EID can be found on top of the acknowledgement slip you received after you enrolled.
EID is a 28-digit number comprising two parts:
- 14-digit enrolment number in the format 012/01234/012345 and
- 14-digit date and time of enrolment in the format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm: ss
However, to check your status, you only need the 14-digit enrolment number. Providing the remaining 14 digits is optional.
If you have your EID number, you can check your status by visiting the Check Aadhaar Status webpage on UIDAI website.
Retrieving Lost/Forgotten EID
In case you have lost or forgotten your EID, you can retrieve it by visiting the Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID webpage on the UIDAI website. It takes around 60 to 90 days to get your Aadhaar card after your data has been collected and uploaded to the Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR).
Downloading Aadhaar Card
You can get an electronic copy of your Aadhaar using your EID. Follow the steps mentioned below to download the Aadhaar card:
- Visit the https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Then choose the ‘Enrollment EID’ option
- Enter your 14-digit enrolment ID number as well as the time and date values in 14- digit format.
- Enter your complete name, pin code, and image captcha code.
- Next, click on the ‘Request OTP’ option and confirm.
- Enter the OTP that you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- Then click on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option.
- Your electronic copy of your Aadhaar card will be ready to download
Can I get a new Aadhar card?
Yes, you can update your address or other information on your Aadhaar and get a new Aadhar card. However, your Aadhar number will remain the same; only the information will get updated.
Can NRIs apply for Aadhaar cards?
NRIs are not eligible for Aadhaar cards. They can apply for Aadhaar only when they have been residing in India for the past 182 days in 1 year.
Is there an age limit to apply for Aadhaar?
There is no age restriction to apply. Even newborn babies are eligible to get an Aadhaar number.
What details will be captured during the enrolment process?
Two types of details will be captured during the enrolment process, namely:
- Demographics details – Name, date of birth, gender, and address. Providing your mobile number and e-mail ID is optional.
- Biometrics – Photograph, all 10 fingers, both irises.
In case I do not have all my fingers or both my irises, can I still enrol?
The software used for Aadhaar has provisions to handle such cases.
Will the operator charge any fee for Aadhaar enrollment?
The operator will not charge any fee as Aadhaar enrollment is free for Indian residents. how to apply aadhar card online