How to Link Aadhar to PAN Card: A permanent Account Number (PAN) is a number which is issued to an individual who pays their taxes. It is a 10-digit alphanumeric number that plays a vital role in a majority of various transactions which are made by an individual on a regular basis. Whereas, 12-digit unique identifier Aadhaar is an ID system which is used by Indian residents and is based on their demographic and biometric data. This personal data of an individual is collected and stored in the databases of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). how to link pan card with aadhar card
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Online through e-Filing Website
- 3 How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card by Sending an SMS
- 4 Correction Facility for Linking PAN with Aadhaar Card
- 5 Unable to Link PAN with Aadhaar? Here’s What to Do
- 6 Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
- 7 How to Check the Aadhaar Card and PAN Card Linking Status
- 8 The procedure of linking Aadhaar with PAN Card OFFLINE
- 9 FAQs on How to Link Aadhar to PAN Card
- 9.1 Can we link Aadhar and PAN with mobile online?
- 9.2 How can I check if my PAN and Aadhar card is linked?
- 9.3 How long does it take to link Aadhaar to the PAN card?
- 9.4 What happens if the PAN card is not linked with a bank account?
- 9.5 What happens if we don’t link the Aadhaar card to the PAN card?
- 9.6 Is it mandatory to link a PAN card with a bank account?
एक स्थायी खाता संख्या (पैन) एक संख्या है जो उस व्यक्ति को जारी की जाती है जो अपने करों का भुगतान करता है। यह एक 10-अंकीय अल्फ़ान्यूमेरिक संख्या है जो एक व्यक्ति द्वारा नियमित रूप से किए जाने वाले विभिन्न लेन-देन के बहुमत में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है। जबकि, 12-अंकीय विशिष्ट पहचानकर्ता आधार एक आईडी प्रणाली है जिसका उपयोग भारतीय निवासी करते हैं और यह उनके जनसांख्यिकीय और बायोमेट्रिक डेटा पर आधारित है। किसी व्यक्ति का यह व्यक्तिगत डेटा भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (यूआईडीएआई) के डेटाबेस में एकत्र और संग्रहीत किया जाता है। how to link pan card with aadhar
How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Online through e-Filing Website
People can get their PAN and Aadhaar linked online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the Income Tax e-Filing website and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option under the quick links
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number
- Enter the name as mentioned in your Aadhaar card
- In case the date of birth is mentioned on your Aadhaar card you have to tick the box
- Tick mark ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI’
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button
- Next, enter the OTP that you receive on your mobile number and click on ‘Validate’.
- A pop-up message will appear showing your successfully linked Aadhaar with PAN Card
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card by Sending an SMS
In order to link your Aadhaar to your PAN card via SMS, follow these steps:
- You have to type a message in the format
- UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>
- Send the message in the above-mentioned format to either 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number
- For example, if your Aadhaar number is 987654321012 and your PAN is ABCDE1234F, you have to type UIDPAN 987654321012 ABCDE1234F and send the message to either 567678 or 56161
Correction Facility for Linking PAN with Aadhaar Card
PAN and Aadhaar card linking is successful only when all your details in both documents match. In case there are errors such as spelling mistakes in your name, your PAN will not be linked with Aadhaar. You can make changes by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or through the portal of NSDL PAN. In case there are errors in your PAN Card, you can get them corrected by following these steps:
- The user can correct his PAN details using the NSDL website
- The NSDL link redirects to the page where you can apply for the correction of your name
- Submit signed digital documents to get your PAN details updated
- Once your details are corrected in your PAN and confirmed by NSDL over a mail, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar
Unable to Link PAN with Aadhaar? Here’s What to Do
The Government of India has made it mandatory for all individuals to link their PAN cards with the Aadhaar card before the deadline (i.e.31st March 2023) as failure to link both will lead to the deactivation of PAN by the Income Tax Department and you will not be to file Income Tax Returns, etc. how to check aadhar card link with pan card
Moreover, make sure your name should be the same on both the PAN card and the Aadhaar card. In case there is some spelling mismatch, you will be unable to link Aadhaar with your PAN Card. You will have to get your name corrected and after correction, you will be able to easily link your PAN with Aadhaar.
In case your name on the PAN card is wrongly spelt, follow these steps to make corrections:
- Visit the e-filing website of the Aadhar Portal
- Select the ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in Existing PAN Data)’ option from the drop-down menu
- Select the individual category and enter your details
- Make payment and submit your form online after Aadhaar e-KYC
- Your updated PAN will be sent to your address
- Once you receive your PAN card, you can link your PAN with your Aadhaar
In case your name on the Aadhaar card is wrongly spelt, follow these steps to make corrections:
- Visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Carry a self-attested copy of your proof of Identity
- Fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form
- Submit the form along with the documents
- You will get an acknowledgement slip that contains the update request number
- This URN can be used to check the status of your update request
- Once your update request is processed and the name is corrected, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar
Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
Linking PAN with Aadhaar is very important for all PAN cardholders because of the following reasons:
- All PAN cards that are not linked with Aadhaar will be deactivated after 31st March 2023
- Linking PAN with Aadhaar will help in tackling the problem of multiple PAN cards issued in the same name
- Your income tax return form would not be processed if your PAN is not linked with Aadhaar
- The user will get a summarised detail of taxes levied on him for future reference
How to Check the Aadhaar Card and PAN Card Linking Status
To check PAN-Aadhaar link status, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the e-Filing Income Tax Department page i.e. https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/AadhaarPreloginStatus.html
- Select ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ under ‘Quick Links
- Enter your PAN Number
- Enter your Aadhaar Number
- Now, click on the ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ button
- Your Aadhaar-PAN link status will appear on your screen
- You have to submit eh filled form to the designated PAN Service Centers.
- You have to fill out the above-shared form and you must personally visit to link Aadhaar with PAN Card OFFLINE.
- Visit with ORIGINAL PAN Card and Aadhaar Card.
- It is not a FREE service. Such designated PAN Service Centers will charge you some nominal charges. However, this charge is not prescribed by IT Dept.
- However, these designated PAN Service Centers will not charge you any fee if you are linking Aadhaar with your PAN Card while applying for a new PAN card.
- You have to do Biometric authentication while linking Aadhaar with PAN Card OFFLINE.
- However, such Biometric authentication is COMPULSORY if there are sufficient mismatches.
- You will find the list of such designated PAN Service Centers list in the NSDL and UTIITSL portals.
FAQs on How to Link Aadhar to PAN Card
Another way of linking PAN with Aadhar is by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161 with a registered mobile number. In order to do so, you need to type UIDPAN(12-digit Aadhaar)(10-digit PAN) and send it
Simply Follow The Below Steps To Check The Status Of Your Pan Card Seeding With Aadhaar.
- Enter PAN and date of birth.
- Enter the captcha and click on ‘Submit’.
- The status of the linking is displayed on the next screen.
Try to link after 4-5 working days from the date of payment.” So the income tax department offers various ways to link PAN with Aadhaar. These include on the income tax e-filing portal, SMS, and manually by visiting NSDL/UTIIL offices.
If your PAN is not linked to a bank account, you will be required to pay double TDS (Tax Deduction at Source). So if your bank account is seeded with your PAN, you must pay a 10% TDS. So if you link your PAN and Aadhaar after the due date, the government may levy a fine at the time of linking, according to the CBDT.
The tax department had said that non-linking of PAN with Aadhaar by March 31 would attract a penalty of up to ₹1,000, but such PAN will remain functional for one more year till March 2023, for filing ITR, claiming refunds and other I-T procedures.
A PAN card is compulsory and is required for doing most financial transactions. So the I-T department has made it mandatory to link your bank account with PAN. Therefore the main reason for this is that your income tax refunds will be credited directly to your bank account. how to link aadhar with pan card online