Link Aadhar To PAN Card Online: Nowadays it has become a mandatory process to link your PAN with Aadhaar. As this is an important process because this will allow your income tax returns to be processed. So linking your PAN with Aadhaar is also required if you are carrying out banking transactions for amounts of Rs.50,000 and above.
This process to get your PAN linked with Aadhaar is very simple. Now we will have a look at some of the steps you can follow to link your PAN with Aadhaar.
- 1 You can link your PAN with Aadhaar by the following the process:
- 2 Ways to Link PAN with Aadhaar
- 3 Steps to check PAN-Aadhar status
- 4 Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
- 5 PAN Aadhar Link by Filling up the form
- 6 Procedure to Make Corrections in Aadhaar Card
- 7 FAQs
- Open the Income Tax e-filing portal – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Register on it (if not already done). Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your user id.
- Log in by entering the User ID, password, and date of birth.
- A pop-up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN with Aadhaar. If not, go to ‘Profile Settings’ on the Menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Details such as name date of birth and gender are already mentioned as per the PAN details.
- Verify the PAN details on the screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar. Pls. note that if there is a mismatch, you need to get the same corrected in either of the documents.
- If the details match, enter your Aadhaar number and click on the “link now” button.
- A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN
- You may also visit https://www.utiitsl.com/ OR https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in/ to link your PAN and Aadhaar.
Also Read: UIDAI Download Aadhar Card
Ways to Link PAN with Aadhaar
There are two ways through which you can link PAN and Aadhaar.
- Through the Income Tax e-filing website
- Sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161
Linking PAN with Aadhaar Online ( Through the e-filing Website)
- Visit the Income Tax Site by clicking on the link https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
- Under ‘Quick Links’, click on ‘Link Aadhaar’. Provide the PAN, Aadhaar number, and name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card
- Enter details such as PAN Number, Aadhaar number, your name on Aadhaar, and your mobile number, Tick the square if only the birth year is mentioned in the Aadhaar card, and also tick the box where you agree to get your Aadhaar details validated. Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Enter the Captcha code. (Visually challenged users can request an OTP instead of the captcha code. The OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number)
Linking PAN with Aadhaar by Sending an SMS
To link PAN with Aadhaar by sending an SMS. You need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Type UIDPAN<12-digit Aadhaar><10-digit PAN> on your mobile
- Send it to 567678 or 56161
Steps to check PAN-Aadhar status
Given below are the steps you will have to follow to check the status of your PAN-Aadhaar status pre-login:
- Visit the Income Tax Site by clicking on the link https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
- Under ‘Quick Links’, click on ‘Link Aadhaar Status’.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number and click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’. You will be able to view the status of your PAN-Aadhaar linking on the page.
- Now you can check the status of linking of Aadhaar with PAN via the SMS facility as well. You will have to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the format given below:
- UIDPAN < 12-digit Aadhaar number> < 10-digit Permanent Account Number>
- If your Aadhaar has been successfully linked with PAN then you will be able to see the message ‘Aadhaar (Aadhaar number) is already associated with PAN..in ITD database. Thank you for using our services.
My Bangalore Mart, Large Scale Industries, E-Aadhar Card Download App, Scholarship.gov.in, Sanjay Leela Bhansali Contact, Digitize India, Stockx.com, List of 2018 Hollywood Adventure Films, Aahar Jharkhand.
Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
Both the PAN card as well as the Aadhaar card are unique identification cards that serve as proof of identity that is necessary for registration and verification purposes.
The government has urged all entities to link their PAN cards with their Aadhaar cards. This is being done for the following purposes:
Prevent Tax Evasion:
By linking the Aadhaar and PAN cards, the government will be able to keep tabs on the taxable transactions of a particular individual or entity, whose identity and address will be verified by his Aadhaar card. This will effectively mean that every taxable transaction or activity will be recorded by the government.
As a result, the government will already have a detailed record of all the financial transactions that would attract tax for each entity, making tax evasion a thing of the past.
Also Read: Aadhar Card Customer Care Number
Multiple PAN Cards:
Another reason for linking PAN with Aadhaar is to reduce the occurrence of individuals or entities applying for multiple PAN cards in an effort to defraud the government and avoid paying taxes.
By applying for more than one PAN card, an entity can use one of the cards for a certain set of financial transactions and pay taxes applicable for those. Meanwhile, the other PAN card can be used for accounts or transactions that the entity wishes to conceal from the Income Tax department, thereby avoiding paying tax on them.
By linking the PAN and Aadhaar card, the government will be able to link the identity of an entity through his/her Aadhaar card, and subsequently have details of all financial transactions made through the linked PAN card. If there are multiple PAN cards registered under the same name, the government will be able to identify the same and take corrective action.
PAN Aadhar Link by Filling up the form
You can also link your PAN with your Aadhaar manually by visiting Protean of Technologies Limited which is the PAN Service Provider and fill out the form to link your PAN with Aadhaar. You will have to submit the necessary documents along with the form to successfully complete the process.
Procedure to Make Corrections in Aadhaar Card
In certain cases, the details mentioned on your Aadhaar Card may be wrong. It is vital that these details are corrected immediately. The process to make the corrections on the Aadhaar Card is simple and can be completed both online and offline.
- Visit the official UIDAI website at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number followed by a captcha code to log in to your account
- Choose the option that says “OTP.” A Time Password (OTP) is then sent to the registered number
- Also, enter the OTP and click the submit button
- Select the fields in your Aadhaar Card that needs to be updated
- Keep a scanned copy of the supporting documents ready as it has to be uploaded
- Once the above step completes, a URN (Update Request Number) is generated. This is required for the further process
- Once the Aadhaar is updated with the new information, a printout can be taken
- Download the Correction Form from the UIDAI website
- Navigate to Resources> Enrolment Docs > Download Forms
- Download the Aadhaar Correction Form
- Fill in the required details that have to be updated
- You will have to attach necessary supporting documents to whatever changes have to be made
- The updated form along with the attached documents has to be sent to this address: UIDAI, Post Box No – 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
In case you failed to link your PAN with Aadhaar, you will have to submit a signed Aadhaar seeding form by visiting the nearest PAN Centre. You must note that along with the Aadhaar seeding form you must carry all the relevant documents such as PAN and Aadhaar.
However, the physical seeding of Aadhaar with your PAN is a chargeable service.
What are the benefits of Linking your PAN with Aadhaar?
Some of the benefits of linking your PAN with Aadhaar are:
- Therefore it removes the possibility of an individual having more than one PAN Card.
- Linking Aadhaar with PAN allows the Income Tax Department to meticulously detect any form of tax evasion.
- The process of filing income returns become considerably easy as the individual is not required to provide any proof of him or her having filed their income tax returns.
- Linking your Aadhaar with PAN will prevent the latter from getting canceled.
- The linking of PAN with Aadhaar will help in having a summarised detail of one’s taxes attached to Aadhaar for future reference.
Also, a common problem that most people face in the process of linking their PAN and Aadhaar is the mismatch of information in the documents. You are likely to face problems in the linking process if the important details such as the name, date of birth, year of birth, etc. do not match in both the documents. In addition to that, if the OTP for the linking cannot be generated, you will not be able to link your documents.
In this regard, the easiest way to update the details to make them match is to make the changes on the Aadhaar. You can update the following information on your Aadhaar card – name, date of birth, address, gender, mobile phone number, and language. However, it should be noted that you can only make the changes to your address online. Therefore all other updations, you will be required to visit the nearest Aadhaar enrolment or update center.
Why I am unable to Link my PAN to Aadhaar?
In some cases, you may not be able to link your PAN to the Aadhaar. Most of the time, the reason for the rejection would be the mismatch of information present in your PAN and Aadhaar. However, once the corrections have been made, you will be able to link the PAN and Aadhaar.