Aadhar Card Name Change Online: An Aadhaar issuing body UIDAI allows people to update their name, gender, date of birth, address, mobile number and email using the online SSUP portal. Although for all the above changes in the Aadhar card you can change the details online by visiting the website https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home, for changing your mobile number you have to visit the nearest enrollment of your Center for updating your mobile number. No additional documents are required for this.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Updation of Name in Aadhar Card
- 3 Name Change in Aadhar Card Online
- 4 Aadhar Card Name Change-Offline:
- 5 Steps to Change Name in Aadhar Card after Marriage – Online
- 6 Steps to Change Name in Aadhar Card after Marriage – Offline
- 7 Documents required to update the name on the Aadhar card
- 8 Documents Required to Change Aadhar Card Name
- 9 FAQs
आधार जारी करने वाला निकाय यूआईडीएआई लोगों को ऑनलाइन एसएसयूपी पोर्टल का उपयोग करके अपना नाम, लिंग, जन्म तिथि, पता, मोबाइल नंबर और ईमेल अपडेट करने की अनुमति देता है। यद्यपि आधार कार्ड में उपरोक्त सभी परिवर्तनों के लिए आप वेबसाइट https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home पर जाकर विवरण ऑनलाइन बदल सकते हैं, अपना मोबाइल नंबर बदलने के लिए आपको वेबसाइट पर जाना होगा। अपना मोबाइल नंबर अपडेट करने के लिए अपने केंद्र का निकटतम नामांकन। इसके लिए किसी अतिरिक्त दस्तावेज की आवश्यकता नहीं है।
Updation of Name in Aadhar Card
The Aadhar card is one of the most important documents in today’s time. From government schemes to financial services, So Aadhaar is needed everywhere. An Aadhar card is the unique identity of every Indian. It contains the details of the person’s name, date of birth, gender, and address. So while getting Aadhaar, every person has to scan their iris and finger biometric information.
With the new Aadhaar services update on the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website, you can now choose to change biometric and demographic details online. All you have to do is visit the official website of UIDAI and follow the instructions to convert a wide range of notifications with the click of a button.
Biometric information like mandatory biometric updates can now be done online, that too free of cost. Whereas, demographic information like name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile number and an e-mail will cost users Rs 50. The same charges will be applicable for updates that do not fall under the mandatory category.
Women who are about to get married or who are about to get married, have to understand the process of changing the name on their Aadhar card so that there is no problem after marriage. You can change your name on your Aadhar card through online or offline methods.
Name Change in Aadhar Card Online
Aadhar card name change can be done in two ways- online and offline. The Aadhar card name change online is the most beneficial and convenient method as it provides a hassle-free process to update your demographic data without visiting any permanent Aadhar Kendra PEC or Aadhar Kendra service. You can enter relevant details and upload relevant documents for updating demographic data like name, date of birth, address and language on the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) by following the easy procedure.
Simple steps to be followed to update your name on your Aadhar card online:
- Visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India.
- Click on the option ‘Update Demographic Data Online’ listed under the ‘Update Your Aadhaar’ section of the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab.
- As the new tab opens, click on the option ‘Proceed to update Aadhaar’
- You will need to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and captcha code for verification. After entering valid credentials, click on the ‘Send OTP’ button.
- A six-digit OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Once you enter the OTP, you are allowed to update your demographic data online.
- Make relevant changes in the ‘Name’ section and click on ‘Proceed’ to submit the data. Likely, you can update your date of birth, address or language using this option.
- In the next step, you will have to upload relevant supporting documents/ valid identity proof related to the name update. Remember to follow the instructions on file size and file type, and be sure to upload both sides of the document.
- On submission of data and documents, you redirect to pay for the update of your name.
- After the payment is successful, an Update Request Number or URN will be generated. The acknowledgement copy can download for reference.
Aadhar Card Name Change-Offline:
You can also change the name of the Aadhar card by visiting the Permanent Enrollment Center or ASK. You can search for the nearest Enrollment Center by visiting the UIDAI website link- https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1. You can download the Aadhar Enrollment/Update Form from the official website of UIDAI and follow the steps mentioned below to do Aadhar Card Name Change Offline Mode.
- Fill out the Aadhaar Enrollment/Correction Form Carefully
- Mention your name properly and accurately in the form
- Submit the form along with the appropriate proof of identity -POI
- Aadhar officer will register your Aadhar card correction request
- You will get an acknowledgement receipt for the update request
- To avail of this facility, you have to pay Rs.50
NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022, Mobile No Tracker Online, Ayush Full Form, Mobile Locator, Free Career Guide, Simple Typing Test in Hindi, Driving License Download, My Individual Business, Niece Meaning in Hindi.
Steps to Change Name in Aadhar Card after Marriage – Online
- Log in to the Self Service Update Portal using your Aadhaar number.
- Submit your name and surname change request in the correct format.
- Now you have to upload the scanned copy of the self-attested supporting documents.
- You will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number and you will have to authenticate the change through OTP.
- No fee is chargeable for this process.
Steps to Change Name in Aadhar Card after Marriage – Offline
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
- Carry original copies of your supporting documents which will be scanned and handed back to you.
- The offline process involves a nominal fee of Rs 50.
Documents required to update the name on the Aadhar card
- A woman who wants to change her name on the Aadhar card after the marriage has to provide certain documents while updating the details at the Aadhar enrollment centre. The applicant has to submit the marriage certificate with the address issued by the government.
- The applicant has to carry the original marriage certificate with him.
Documents Required to Change Aadhar Card Name
You can view the complete list of POI-Proof of Identity documents by visiting the UIDAI website link https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf. There are 32 POI accepted documents as per the UIDAI list. Refer to the list below:
- voter id card
- pan card
- driving license
- Ration or PDS photo card
- Government photo identity card or service photo identity card issued by PSU
- NREGA job card
- Photo ID issued by a recognized educational institution
- photobank atm
- photo credit card
- arms license
- freedom fighter photo card
- pensioner photo card
- farmer photo passbook
- Address card with name and photograph issued by the Department of Posts
- CGHS or ECHS photo card
- marriage certificate with photo
- Gazette notice for a name change
- Bhamashah Card
- ID card for disability or medical certificate for the disabled issued by the Governments or Administration of the particular State or Union Territory
- Certificate on UIDAI format from Superintendent or Warden or Matron or Head of Institution of certified Shelter Homes or Orphanages etc.
- Identity certificate with photograph issued by Gram Panchayat Pradhan or Mukhiya
- RSBY card
- SSLC Book with candidate’s photograph
- School Leaving Certificate or SLC, School Transfer Certificate or TC
- Proof of Identity with photo and issued by an MP or MLA or MLC or Municipal Councilor on UIDAI format
- Certificate of Identity with name and photograph issued by the recognized educational institution on UIDAI format signed by Head of Institute
- Quote from school record issued by the head of school
- Bank passbook
- Proof of Identity with name, date of birth and photograph issued by Employees’ Provident Fund Organization or EPFO in UIDAI format
- ST or SC or OBC certificate with photo
Can I change my name on my Aadhar card on my own?
Here are the steps you need to follow:
visit the Self Service Update Portal official website. Login to the portal with your Aadhaar number. Submit the request for your Aadhar card name correction. Upload the scanned and self-attested documents of your proof of identity.
How can I change my Aadhaar name?
- By visiting the Permanent Enrollment Centre.
- Online using Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). Click on “Update Your Address Online” at uidai.gov.in.
Can I change my name on the Aadhar card from the 10th mark sheet?
No, you cannot change the name in your academic certificate at this stage as the limit for change of name in the certificate is 10 years from the date of issue. It is better to change the date of birth in Aadhaar and other documents. You cannot change your name in your academic record at this stage.
How many times can I change my name on my Aadhar card?
As per UIDAI guidelines, you can change your name on your Aadhaar only twice. The UIDAI had notified this in an office memorandum
How many times can I change my name on my Aadhar card?
As per UIDAI guidelines, you can change your name only twice on your Aadhaar. UIDAI had informed about this in an office memorandum.