UIDAI Aadhar Update Status: Aadhaar is a verifiable 12-digit identification number issued by UIDAI free of cost to a resident of India. It is a 12-digit random number issued by the UIDAI (“Authority”) to residents of India after completing the verification process prescribed by the Authority. Any person, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident of India can voluntarily enrol to obtain an Aadhaar number. To ensure the security and confidentiality of individuals’ identifying information and authentication records. Ensuring letter and spirit compliance of the Aadhaar Act by all individuals and agencies. To make the rules and regulations in line with the Aadhaar Act for giving effect to the provisions of the Aadhaar Act. uidai aadhar update status check
UIDAI Aadhar Update Status: आधार एक सत्यापन योग्य 12-अंकीय पहचान संख्या है जो यूआईडीएआई द्वारा भारत के निवासी को नि:शुल्क जारी किया जाता है। यह यूआईडीएआई (“प्राधिकरण”) द्वारा प्राधिकरण द्वारा निर्धारित सत्यापन प्रक्रिया को पूरा करने के बाद भारत के निवासियों को जारी किया गया एक 12-अंकीय यादृच्छिक संख्या है। कोई भी व्यक्ति, चाहे वह किसी भी उम्र और लिंग का हो, जो भारत का निवासी है, आधार संख्या प्राप्त करने के लिए स्वेच्छा से नामांकन कर सकता है। व्यक्तियों की पहचान की जानकारी और प्रमाणीकरण रिकॉर्ड की सुरक्षा और गोपनीयता सुनिश्चित करने के लिए। सभी व्यक्तियों और एजेंसियों द्वारा आधार अधिनियम का अक्षरश: अनुपालन सुनिश्चित करना। आधार अधिनियम के प्रावधानों को लागू करने के लिए नियमों और नियमों को आधार अधिनियम के अनुरूप बनाना। uidai gov in aadhar update status
How to Check Aadhaar Card Enrolment Status Online
The applicant can check the status of the Aadhaar card online by visiting the online portal of UIDAI’s official website. There are no fees/charges to check Aadhar card status on UIDAI’s official website.
Follow the steps given below to check the application status of your Aadhaar card online:
- Go to https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/CheckAadhaarStatus
- Enter your EID (Enrolment ID) available on the top of your enrolment/update acknowledgement slip and captcha code to check the status of your Aadhaar card.
- The step-wise status of the Aadhaar generation will be displayed in the format
- Draft Stage > Payment Stage > Verification Stage > Validation Stage > Completed
Steps to Check Aadhaar Enrolment Status without Enrolment Number
In case you have forgotten your enrolment number or have misplaced your acknowledgement slip, you can find your enrolment number and then check your Aadhar card status with the enrolment number.
Here’s how to check Aadhaar card status without an enrolment number:
- Visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/retrieve-eid-uid to retrieve your enrolment number
- Select if you want to retrieve the Aadhaar number or Enrolment number
- Enter the details such as your name, email address or mobile number and security code to send an OTP to your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP received to verify
- Upon verification, your Enrolment number/Aadhaar will be sent to your registered mobile number or email address
- Using this enrolment number, you can now check the status of your Aadhaar
How to Check the Aadhaar Card Update Status Online
You can request updating details in your Aadhaar card both online and offline. The details usually get updated within 90 days of making the update/correction request. However, there can be a few delays in some cases. In such cases, you can check your Aadhaar card update status by following a few simple steps:
- Visit UIDAI’s website at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/CheckAadhaarStatus
- Enter the SRN (Service Request Number) and captcha code
- The status of your update request will be displayed on the screen.
How to Check Aadhaar PVC Card Order Status
UIDAI provides the facility for people to get their Aadhaar card in the form of a specialized PVC card that comes with a number of security features. It generally takes up to 15 days for the delivery of a PVC Aadhar card to the address mentioned in the Aadhaar database.
Here’s how you can check the Aadhaar PVC card order status:
- Go directly to https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/checkStatus
- Provide your SRN and captcha code
- The status of your Aadhaar PVC order request will be displayed
How to Check Aadhaar Card Complaint Status
Here is a step-by-step guide to check the status of your Aadhaar card complaint:
- Visit the UIDAI website and click on “Contact & Support”.
- Under Grievance Redressal Mechanism, click on “Check Complaint Status”.
- Enter your 14-digit complaint id, and captcha verification code and click on “Check Status” to know the status of your complaint.
How to Check Aadhaar Card Lock Status
To know if your Aadhaar is locked/unlocked simply follow the steps given below:
- Open the mAadhaar app on your phone, click on “My Aadhaar” and enter your 4-digit PIN
- If your Aadhaar is locked, the Aadhaar Lock icon will appear in red and you will have to use your Virtual ID (VID) instead of your Aadhaar number for authentication.
How to Check Biometric Lock/Unlock Status
To check if your Aadhaar biometrics are locked/unlocked simply follow the steps given below:
Open the mAadhaar app on your phone, click on “My Aadhaar” and enter your 4-digit PIN
So if your Aadhaar biometrics are locked, the Biometrics Lock icon will appear in red on the screen and you will not be able to authenticate using your fingerprints or iris. The red Biometric Lock icon will also appear if you log in to your UIDAI account.
How to Check Aadhaar Bank Linking Status
You can find out if your Aadhaar card is linked to your bank account by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the UIDAI website and click on “My Aadhaar”.
- Under the Aadhaar Services section, click on “Check Aadhaar/Bank Linking Status”.
- Then enter your Aadhaar number or Virtual id, the security code and click on “Send OTP” or “Enter TOTP”.
- Also, enter the OTP that you receive on your registered mobile number and click on “Submit” to know your Aadhaar Bank account linking status.
How to Check Aadhaar Status After Update Request Submitted
- Changes, updates, and corrections can be made to your Aadhaar data under two categories: Demographics and Biometrics. Demographics include name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile number, and email, while Biometrics includes fingerprints, iris scans, and photographs. Therefore changes to address, name, date of birth, and gender can be made online or by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. You will need to visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra to make any other changes.
- Once you’ve submitted the request for an update, there are two ways to check whether those changes have been made in the database or not. You can either track the request online conveniently or call the UIDAI toll-free number for offline status tracking.
Caution Regarding Aadhar Card
- In an advisory to citizens, the government has cautioned people against sharing the photocopy of Aadhaar with any organisation as it can be misused. It asked people to use a masked Aadhaar that displays only the last four digits of the Aadhaar number.
- Hence the development assumes significance as people have been asked to link their Aadhaar with PAN and a significant number of people have already done that. Aadhaar is also linked with bank accounts, which makes any vulnerability of Aadhaar data leak more worrisome.
- “Do not share a photocopy of your Aadhaar with any organisations because it can be misused. Alternatively, please use a masked Aadhaar which displays only the last 4 digits of your Aadhaar number. Then it can be downloaded from UIDAI’s official website https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in. Please select the option ‘Do you want a masked Aadhaar’ and proceed to download,” the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has said in a statement
- Hence the existence of any Aadhaar number can be verified at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/verifyAadhaar. So to verify offline, you can scan the QR code on e-Aadhaar or Aadhaar letter or Aadhaar PVC card using a QR code scanner in the mAadhaar mobile application, it said.
FAQS on UIDAI Aadhar Update Status
What are the benefits of Aadhaar?
Portability: Hence Aadhaar is a universal number, and agencies and services can contact the central Unique Identification database from anywhere in the country to authenticate a beneficiary’s identity by availing authentication services.
Is the Aadhaar card safe?
Data of all Aadhaar holders is safe and secure in the Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR) of UIDAI. So the Aadhaar database in CIDR has never been breached in all these years of its existence.
Can someone misuse my Aadhar card Xerox?
Also, in an advisory to citizens, the government has cautioned people against sharing the photocopy of Aadhaar with any organisation as it can be misused. It asked people to use a masked Aadhaar that displays only the last four digits of the Aadhaar number.
Recently, UIDAI has issued an advisory asking people not to share their Aadhaar numbers; openly in the public domain, especially on Social Media or other public platforms.
How can I block my Aadhar card?
SMS to 1947. Ex- GVID 1234. Open the Resident portal Under Aadhaar Service; Click on Lock & Unlock. Then select UID Lock Radio Button and enter UID Number, Full Name, and Pin Code as in the latest details and enter Security code. uidai aadhar update status check online