Change Aadhar Card Address: Aadhaar is a 12-digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. Hence the number serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. The Aadhaar system provides single-source offline/online identity verification across the country for the residents. Once residents enrol, they can use their Aadhaar number to authenticate and establish their identity multiple times using electronic means or through offline verification, as the case may be. In a ruling by the Supreme Court of India, the apex court has made it very clear that the Aadhar card cannot be made mandatory as of now by the Government of India. It is issued by the UIDAI (“Authority”) to the residents of India after satisfying the verification process laid down by the Authority. aadhar card address change
आधार भारत सरकार की ओर से भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण द्वारा जारी एक 12 अंकों की व्यक्तिगत पहचान संख्या है। संख्या भारत में कहीं भी पहचान और पते के प्रमाण के रूप में कार्य करती है। आधार प्रणाली निवासियों के लिए पूरे देश में एकल-स्रोत ऑफ़लाइन/ऑनलाइन पहचान सत्यापन प्रदान करती है।
एक बार जब निवासी नामांकन कर लेते हैं, तो वे इलेक्ट्रॉनिक माध्यमों का उपयोग करके या ऑफ़लाइन सत्यापन के माध्यम से, जैसा भी मामला हो, कई बार अपनी पहचान प्रमाणित करने और स्थापित करने के लिए अपने आधार नंबर का उपयोग कर सकते हैं। भारत के सर्वोच्च न्यायालय के एक फैसले में, शीर्ष अदालत ने यह स्पष्ट कर दिया है कि भारत सरकार द्वारा आधार कार्ड को अभी अनिवार्य नहीं बनाया जा सकता है। यह यूआईडीएआई (“प्राधिकरण”) द्वारा भारत के निवासियों को प्राधिकरण द्वारा निर्धारित सत्यापन प्रक्रिया को पूरा करने के बाद जारी किया जाता है। aadhar card address change documents
Aadhaar Card Update
The Aadhaar Card contains information like your name, address, phone number, gender, and date of birth. In case you wish to make changes to the Aadhaar Card, you can do so by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or on the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details Online?
You can update your name, date of birth, address, and gender details online. However, your mobile number must be linked to the Aadhaar in order to make the changes. how to change address in aadhar card
The procedure to update the name, address, gender, and date of birth details online is mentioned below:
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
- Then click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
- Enter the Aadhaar number and captcha.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP that is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Next, select ‘Update Demographics Data’.
- Then select the relevant options on the next page and click on ‘Proceed’.
- The changes can be made on the next page. Upload the relevant document next.
- Next, you must review the details that have been entered.
- Next, submit the change request. You can use the Update Request Number (URN) to track the status of the address change.
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details by Visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre?
The procedure to change any Aadhaar details offline is mentioned below:
- You must fill out the application correction form by requesting one at the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Once the documents have been attached, submit the application form to update the changes.
- Then a fee will have to be paid to change the address on the Aadhaar Card.
- Currently, you can update the address, name, gender, and date of birth details online. However, your mobile number must be linked with your Aadhaar to make the changes online. You will have to visit an Aadhaar enrolment centre in order to make any other changes to the Aadhaar Card.
How to Update Address in Aadhaar without Document Proof?
The UIDAI has launched a facility where you can update the address details on the Aadhaar without providing address proof. So you will need to use the ‘Request for Aadhaar Validation Letter’ to complete the procedure. The four steps that are involved in the process are mentioned below:
- Resident Initiates Request
- As a resident, you must log in by providing your Aadhaar details.
- Then the Verifier Aadhaar details must be entered.
- An SRN will be sent.
- Address Verifier Consents
- Click on the link that is sent to the registered mobile number.
- Log in with the Aadhaar details.
- Then provide consent.
- Address Verifier Consents
- A Verifier Consent is sent to the registered mobile number.
- Then login by providing the SRN.
- Preview the address details.
- Change the language if needed.
- Then submit the request.
- User Secret Code to Complete
- A post will be sent with a letter and the Secret Code.
- Then login to the address update portal.
- Change the address with the help of the Secret Code.
- Then check the address and submit.
- A URN will be provided to check the status of the request.
Documents Required for Updating or Correcting Aadhaar Card Information
The documents required to update or make changes to your Aadhaar card have been classified into four categories:
- Identity Proof – PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Voter ID, etc.
- Relationship Proof – Passport/PDS Card/MNREGA Job Card/Pension Card, etc.
- Date of Birth Proof – Birth certificate/SLLC certificate/passport/PAN card, etc.
- Address Proof – Bank Passbook or Statement/Ration Card/Voter ID/Insurance Policy etc.
To know the complete list of supporting documents required for updating or correcting details on your Aadhaar Card, you can visit the official website of UIDAI.
Important Points to Remember While Updating Aadhaar
Things that you must remember while updating your Aadhaar are mentioned below:
- Ensure that the data you enter is accurate.
- Then ensure the spellings are all correct.
- The data that you provide must be supported by documentary evidence.
- Do not lose the acknowledgement receipt.
- Then note down your URN for tracking the status of the update.
Reasons why Update Request may get Rejected
Some of the reasons why your Aadhaar update request might be rejected are mentioned below:
- The correct procedure is not followed.
- The relevant documents are not submitted.
- Incorrect information is given.
Why Does the Request for Aadhaar Card Update or Correction gets Rejected?
The request for the Aadhaar Card updation/correction gets rejected sometimes, as UIDAI follows specific provisions to verify the details before making any changes in the Aadhar details. Only when these criteria are fulfilled, does UIDAI update the details on its system. The following conditions should be fulfilled before corrections are made to the Aadhaar card details:
- Adequate documents should be sent along with the form for verification. In absence of such documents, updating or correcting requests would not be processed.
- All documents sent to UIDAI should be self-attested.
- So if the details mentioned in the form do not match with the document attached for verification, the details of the Aadhar card will not be updated.
- In case the updation request of details in the Aadhaar card is rejected due to some reason, you can send a new request by making appropriate corrections in the form and submitting appropriate self-attested documents.
FAQs on Change Aadhar Card Address
Can I change my Aadhar card address online?
You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). For other details updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center.
Which documents can be used as address proof?
Income Tax PAN card Income Tax Assessment Order Photo Credit Card statement (not older than last three months) Smart card issued by CSD, Defense/Paramilitary Telephone Bill of fixed-line (not older than last three months).
Is the rent agreement valid for address change in the Aadhar card?
Yes, a rental agreement is applicable as proof of address to change the address in an Aadhar card. If you are going to visit the UIDAI’s self-service portal to make the change, you need to scan all pages of the rent agreement and create a single pdf file before uploading it.
How can I change the address on my Aadhar card without a mobile number?
For correction or updation of an aadhaar card without a mobile number, you can download the aadhaar enrolment/correction/update form online from UIDAI’s website. This aadhaar enrolment/correction/update form can be printed out to submit at the aadhaar enrolment centre.
Which address is suitable for an Aadhar card permanent or residential?
But basically, your Aadhar card should have your permanent address, this is not my advice is that you can change that. Where you putting the form, if there are any options to come to any kinds of courier then you should put your present address otherwise you should put your Aadhar card address. aadhar card address changes online