How to Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number: Aadhaar is a 12-digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. The number serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. You can update your mobile number by visiting a Permanent Enrolment Center. If you are using the online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) for updates, your mobile number must be registered with Aadhaar otherwise you can visit the nearest Permanent Enrolment centre with Supporting Documents. how to change mobile number in aadhar card
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
- 3 Steps to Add/Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
- 4 You have to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar card in case you want to avail services related to Aadhaar including:
- 5 What Details can be Updated in the Aadhaar Card Online?
- 6 How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
- 7 FAQs on How to Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number
- 7.1 How can I change the phone number on the Aadhar card online?
- 7.2 Can I change the phone number on the Aadhar card by myself?
- 7.3 How can I change my mobile number on an Aadhar card online without OTP?
- 7.4 How can I change my mobile number?
- 7.5 How many days it will take for the Aadhar mobile number to update?
- 7.6 How can I update my Aadhar card immediately?
- 7.7 Can I keep my old number?
- 7.8 Can the Aadhaar card be updated in 2 days?
- 7.9 How many times Aadhaar can be updated?
- 7.10 Can the Aadhar card be deactivated?
आधार भारत सरकार की ओर से भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण द्वारा जारी एक 12 अंकों की व्यक्तिगत पहचान संख्या है। संख्या भारत में कहीं भी पहचान और पते के प्रमाण के रूप में कार्य करती है। आप स्थायी नामांकन केंद्र पर जाकर अपना मोबाइल नंबर अपडेट कर सकते हैं। यदि आप अपडेट के लिए ऑनलाइन सेल्फ सर्विस अपडेट पोर्टल (एसएसयूपी) का उपयोग कर रहे हैं, तो आपका मोबाइल नंबर आधार के साथ पंजीकृत होना चाहिए अन्यथा आप सहायक दस्तावेजों के साथ निकटतम स्थायी नामांकन केंद्र पर जा सकते हैं। how to change aadhar card mobile number online
How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
There are instances where people lose their mobile number or deactivate it due to some reason or the other. In case you have switched to a new mobile number, you can get it updated in UIDAI’s database. Follow these simple steps to know how to link a mobile number with an Aadhaar card:
- Go to a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Fill out the Aadhaar Update/Correction Form
- Then submit the form to the Aadhaar executive
- Pay a fee of Rs. 50 for the service
- You will be given an acknowledgement slip that contains the Update Request Number (URN). The URN can be used to check the status of your update request
- Your mobile number will be updated in Aadhaar’s database within 90 days
Steps to Add/Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
You can add your mobile number to your Aadhaar card and register it with UIDAI. All messages and OTPs regarding your Aadhaar will be sent to this very mobile number. So here’s how to link the Aadhaar card with your mobile number:
- Visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Also, fill out the Aadhaar Enrolment Form
- Mention your mobile number in the form
- Then submit the form to the executive
- Authenticate your details by providing your biometrics. You do not have to provide any document
- A fee of Rs. 50 has to be paid to avail of this service
- Note: In case you mention your mobile number at the time of enrolment, you do not need to register again.
- mAadhaar App
- All online Aadhaar facilities
- PAN card Application (New/Reprint)
- Mobile re-verification
- Mutual Fund linking with Aadhaar
- Umang App
- Online EPF claims and withdrawal
You can change as many mobile numbers in the Aadhaar database as you want but you have to pay the fee for updating it in Aadhaar every time you do so. Therefore the mobile number linked with Aadhaar enables a user to remain updated with the information of all subsidies received in the bank account and avail of online facilities using the OTP. Once the mobile number is updated, all OTPs related to Aadhaar will be sent to this mobile number. So you can enter this OTP at UIDAI’s portal to download your Aadhaar card online. how to change my mobile number on the aadhar card
Note: You don’t have to provide any documents for updating your mobile number in Aadhaar. Therefore all you need to do is carry your Aadhaar card to the nearest Aadhaar Centre and pay the fee of Rs. 50 for updating the same.
What Details can be Updated in the Aadhaar Card Online?
As per the latest developments, you can get your name (minor changes), date of birth, address, gender and language changed/updated in your Aadhaar card online through the official UIDAI website. You can also change/update your mobile number in your Aadhaar card online via the Indian Postal Service website.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
A person can change his/her address, name (minor changes), date of birth, gender and language on the Aadhaar card online. In order to change/update/correct the details of your Aadhaar card online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
- In the new window, click on “Login”
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, and captcha code and click on “Send OTP”
- Then enter the OTP received on the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database to login into your Aadhaar account
- Also, under Services, click on “Update Aadhaar Online” to update your name, gender, date of birth, address and language written on your Aadhaar card
- On the next page, click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”
- Choose the Aadhaar details that you want to update and click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”. However, do remember that there is a limit on the number of times you can make an update/ correction on your Aadhaar
- Now you can see your details as they currently exist on your Aadhaar card. Then enter the details that you want to update/change and upload scanned copies of the supporting documents
- Then check the preview of the newly added details and pay the online update fee of Rs. 50 (non-refundable) using debit/credit card or net banking.
Also, after payment, an Update Request Number (URN) is generated that can be used to check the status of the Aadhaar update request. The update process usually takes up to 90 days to complete. Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card printed out.
FAQs on How to Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number
How can I change the phone number on the Aadhar card online?
No, you cannot change the mobile number online. You must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra to change the mobile number. So do I have to submit any documents to change the mobile number? No documents need to be submitted to change the mobile number.
Can I change the phone number on the Aadhar card by myself?
The procedure for updating mobile numbers with an Aadhaar card has become much simpler owing to new features on UIDAI’s online portal. So individuals can now link their mobile numbers to Aadhaar cards online via the self-service update portal (SSUP) without any hassle.
How can I change my mobile number on an Aadhar card online without OTP?
Visit https://uidai.gov.in or https://resident.uidai.gov.in. Click on the option“Aadhaar Card” Service. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number or UID or the VID -a 16- digit Virtual Identification Number or EID-a 28-digits Enrolment ID. You need to enter the security code.
How can I change my mobile number?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app Google. Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, tap Personal info.
- Then under “Contact info,” tap Phone.
- From here, you can
- Follow the steps on the screen.
How many days it will take for the Aadhar mobile number to update?
Please note updates of mobile numbers in Aadhaar cannot be done through online mode. So normally 90% of the update request is completed within 30 days.
How can I update my Aadhar card immediately?
You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). For other details updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center.
Can I keep my old number?
If you’re switching service providers and remaining in the same geographic area, you can keep your existing phone number. Therefore this process – often referred to as phone number porting – can be done between wireline, IP and wireless providers.
Can the Aadhaar card be updated in 2 days?
It usually takes a few working days for the information to be updated. You can check the status of your update request using the URN on the portal. So if your request is approved, you will receive your updated Aadhaar card through mail at your address.
How many times Aadhaar can be updated?
As per the guidelines of the Unique Identification Authority of India(UIDAI), the user needs to update it only twice. So UIDAI provides a 12-digit unique identification number which is a statutory body established by the Government of India.
Can the Aadhar card be deactivated?
As per these guidelines, a person’s Aadhaar can be deactivated by the regional UIDAI authority on the following grounds: If there are multiple holders having the same demographic and biometric details, all Aadhaar numbers are likely to be deactivated. how to change mobile number in aadhar card online