Aadhar Card Update Status Check: Changes, updates, and corrections can be made to your Aadhaar data under two categories: Demographics and Biometrics. Demographics include name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile number, and email, while Biometrics includes fingerprints, iris scans, and photographs. Changes to address, name, date of birth, and gender can be made online or by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. You will need to visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra to make any other changes. aadhar card update status check online
Once you’ve submitted the request for an update, there are two ways to check whether those changes have been made in the database or not. You can either track the request online conveniently or call the UIDAI toll-free number for offline status tracking.
आपके आधार डेटा में दो श्रेणियों के तहत बदलाव, अपडेट और सुधार किए जा सकते हैं: जनसांख्यिकी और बायोमेट्रिक्स। जनसांख्यिकी में नाम, पता, जन्म तिथि, लिंग, मोबाइल नंबर और ईमेल शामिल हैं, जबकि बायोमेट्रिक्स में उंगलियों के निशान, आईरिस स्कैन और तस्वीरें शामिल हैं। पता, नाम, जन्म तिथि और लिंग में परिवर्तन ऑनलाइन या आधार सेवा केंद्र पर जाकर किया जा सकता है। कोई अन्य परिवर्तन करने के लिए आपको आधार सेवा केंद्र पर जाना होगा। aadhar card update check status
एक बार जब आप अपडेट के लिए अनुरोध सबमिट कर देते हैं, तो यह जांचने के दो तरीके हैं कि वे परिवर्तन डेटाबेस में किए गए हैं या नहीं। आप या तो अनुरोध को ऑनलाइन आसानी से ट्रैक कर सकते हैं या ऑफ़लाइन स्थिति ट्रैकिंग के लिए यूआईडीएआई टोल-फ्री नंबर पर कॉल कर सकते हैं।
Check Aadhaar Status Online with Your Enrolment ID
If you have placed an update request at an Enrolment Centre or Update Centre, then you will need your Enrolment ID (or EID) to track your Aadhaar card status.
EID consists of 28 digits: the 14-digit enrolment number, and the 14-digit date & time stamp. It is located at the top of the update acknowledgement slip you get from the Enrolment or Update Centre after you have submitted your request for change in Aadhaar details. It may look something like this:
1234/12345/12345 dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss
Once you find your update acknowledgement slip and the EID, follow these steps:
- Go to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar.
- Enter the EID and captcha details.
- If your Aadhaar is ready, you will get a status message on the next screen, saying “Your Aadhaar is generated”. Download or get the Aadhaar on your mobile from this screen itself.
- If your requested updates are not added to the database then you will not get the above message.
How to Check Aadhaar Status Online If You Do Not Have EID
If you don’t have your EID, you can get it using your registered mobile number or registered email id from the “https://resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-uideid” page. You can also get your Aadhaar number if you have forgotten it/misplaced the card from the same page.
- Provide your full name, mobile number or email id, and enter the Captcha code.
- After you input the details, click on ‘Send OTP’.
- You will be taken to another page where you can put in the OTP and click on ‘Login’.
- You will receive your EID or Aadhaar number on your mobile phone via SMS.
- Proceed to the UIDAI My Aadhaar portal to check the status using the retrieved EID.
Check Update Status Online Using Aadhaar Number
If you have placed an update request online with UIDAI, you can track it by using your Aadhaar number (or UID number – Unique Identity number).
- Go to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus.
- In the space provided there, input the 12-digit number on your UID card.
- Then do the Captcha verification.
- The next screen will show you whether the change has been made in the database or not.
Track Aadhaar Update Status Using URN
URN stands for Update Request Number, which is a 14-digit number generated after you finish the process of online address update. This number will be shown on the screen once you submit the update. You will also get an SMS with the URN to your linked mobile number. So the number will be in this format:
To check Aadhaar change status using this, do the following:
- Enter the URN on https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus.
- Then enter the correct Captcha.
- The next screen will show you whether the change you requested is done or not.
Track Aadhaar Address Validation Letter Status Using SRN
If you had requested an Address Validation Letter, then you would have received a Service Request Number (SRN). Therefore the steps are similar to the one for URN – the only difference is that you’ll input the 10-digit SRN along with the Captcha code on the Aadhaar self-service portal.
How to Check Aadhaar Status via Phone Call
You can call UIDAI’s toll-free number 1947 to check the status of your updates if you do not have access to the internet.
When you call 1947, you will be taken to the IVR. You have to follow the steps given below to track your address change request:
- Choose your preferred language.
- You have to choose 1 for Hindi, 2 for English, 3 for Kannada, 4 for Malayalam, 5 for Tamil, 6 for Telugu, and 7 for other languages.
- Confirm whether you’ve enrolled for Aadhaar or not.
- If you’ve already enrolled for Aadhaar, press 1. If you have not enrolled, press 2. Press 3 to know the status of your existing complaint and press 4 to know the benefits of having Aadhaar. Choose 1 to continue.
- Go to the status menu.
- To know the status of your enrolment, press 1. Press 2 for queries related to updating Aadhaar data. So if you want to talk to a UIDAI representative without having to go through the IVR, choose 9 at this stage. Select 2 to continue.
- Find out more about Aadhaar updates.
- To know how to update your Aadhaar, press 1. To check your update request status, press 2.
- Choose the mode of checking the status.
- Press 1 if you know your URN and 2 if you do not know it.
- Check with URN
- Enter your 14-digit Update Request Number, and you will receive the status update.
- Check without URN
- You will be directed to a UIDAI representative to continue the call and find your update status.
- For any further queries, you can talk to a UIDAI representative or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs on Aadhar Card Update Status Check
What is the URN number in Aadhar card status?
When you go for updating details in your Aadhaar, you get an update request number (URN) at the enrolment centre. So you can use this URN to track the status of your Aadhaar card.
How do I check/Search Aadhar Card by Name and Father’s Name?
At present, it is not possible to check or Aadhaar card search by name and father’s name. However, an applicant can use his name and registered mobile number or email ID to know the Aadhaar number.
How long does it take to update aadhar status?
Normally 90% of the update request is completed within 30 days. So there is no restriction on the number of Aadhaars which can be linked with the same mobile number.
How many times Aadhaar can be updated?
As per the guidelines of the Unique Identification Authority of India(UIDAI), the user needs to update it only twice. Hence UIDAI provides a 12-digit unique identification number which is a statutory body established by the Government of India.
Will I get a refund if the Aadhar update is rejected?
There is no provision to refund the fee paid after processing the request, whether it is accepted or rejected.
Why is the aadhar update rejected?
The update request can be rejected due to one of the following reasons; Wrong Address Proof/Identity Proof document uploaded. Address Proof/Identity Proof document is not self-attested. Transliteration error.
Is a photo required for Aadhar update?
As per the rules of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), it is mandatory to provide your photograph while applying for Aadhaar Card
Can I have 2 Aadhar cards?
No, it is not possible to have multiple aadhaar cards as you have the unique id associated with the aadhaar card that is fingerprint.
How do I know my Aadhar card is rejected?
Aadhaar Card Update Status Check Online
- Enter the security code and click on the “Submit” button.
- So now you will be able to see the status of your Aadhaar update request and if it has been accepted or rejected. If it has been accepted, you can download the e-Aadhaar online. how to check aadhar card update status