How to Update Address in Aadhar Card: You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). For other details updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center. You can make the Change of Address process faster and easier by notifying everyone who sends you mail of your new address and the date of your move, two weeks before you move. So most bills and statements have an area for making an address change notification. how to update the address in the aadhar card online
- 1 In Hindi: How to Update Address in Aadhar Card
- 2 Update Aadhar Card Online
- 3 What Details can be Updated in the Aadhaar Card Online?
- 4 How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
- 5 Update Aadhar Card Offline
- 6 What Details Can be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Offline?
- 7 Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre
- 8 Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Updating or Correction
- 9 Important things should be kept in mind while updating Aadhar Card
- 10 Why does the request for Aadhar Card Updation or Correction Get Reject?
- 11 FAQs on How to Update Address in Aadhar Card
In Hindi: How to Update Address in Aadhar Card
How to Update Address in Aadhar Card: आप स्वयं सेवा अद्यतन पोर्टल (एसएसयूपी) में अपना पता ऑनलाइन अपडेट कर सकते हैं। अन्य विवरण अपडेट जैसे कि जनसांख्यिकीय विवरण (नाम, पता, जन्मतिथि, लिंग, मोबाइल नंबर, ईमेल) के साथ-साथ आधार में बायोमेट्रिक्स (फिंगर प्रिंट, आइरिस और फोटोग्राफ) के लिए आपको स्थायी नामांकन केंद्र पर जाना होगा। आप स्थानांतरित होने से दो सप्ताह पहले, आपके नए पते और आपके स्थानांतरित होने की तारीख के बारे में मेल भेजने वाले प्रत्येक व्यक्ति को सूचित करके पता बदलने की प्रक्रिया को तेज़ और आसान बना सकते हैं। अधिकांश बिलों और विवरणों में पता बदलने की सूचना देने के लिए एक क्षेत्र होता है। how to update address in aadhar card without address proof
Update Aadhar Card Online
You can update/change the demographic details on your Aadhaar card online anytime-anywhere through the official UIDAI website. However, your mobile number should be linked with your Aadhaar card to make the updates/changes online.
What Details can be Updated in the Aadhaar Card Online?
As per the latest developments, you can get your name (minor changes), date of birth, address, gender and language changed/updated in your Aadhaar card online through the official UIDAI website. You can also change/update your mobile number in your Aadhaar card online via the Indian Postal Service website.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
A person can change his/her address, name (minor changes), date of birth, gender and language on the Aadhaar card online. In order to change/update/correct the details of your Aadhaar card online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
- In the new window, click on “Login”
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, and captcha code and click on “Send OTP”
- Then enter the OTP received on the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database to login into your Aadhaar account
- Under Services, click on “Update Aadhaar Online” to update your name, gender, date of birth, address and language written on your Aadhaar card
- On the next page, click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”
- Then choose the Aadhaar details that you want to update and click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”. However, do remember that there is a limit on the number of times you can make an update/ correction on your Aadhaar
- Now you can see your details as they currently exist on your Aadhaar card. Also, enter the details that you want to update/change and upload scanned copies of the supporting documents
- Then check the preview of the newly added details and pay the online update fee of Rs. 50 (non-refundable) using debit/credit card or net banking.
So after payment, an Update Request Number (URN) is generated that can be used to check the status of the Aadhaar update request. The update process usually takes up to 90 days to complete. Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card printed out.
Update Aadhar Card Offline
People who are not proficient in using the internet can update Aadhaar card details offline. For this, they have to visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Also, you can find more details about such facilitation centres here.
What Details Can be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Offline?
Biometrics data can only be updated/changed by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. However, you can also update/change your mobile number and email id offline by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre
You can get details of your Aadhar card updated by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Here is how you can do it easily:
- Fill out the Aadhaar correction form i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf. Make sure you enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request and submit the Aadhar form along with documents.
- So you need to pay a fee for every such visit to the Enrolment Centre for updates or corrections.
- You can get all your details including your biometric data, image, mobile number, etc. updated at the enrolment centre.
Moreover, you can also visit various banks to update your Aadhaar card. For example, the Axis Bank Aadhar card update allows you to make changes to your Aadhaar Card by visiting the nearest Axis bank branch.
Note: Whether you update one field or many, charges for the Aadhaar Update will be Rs. 100 (if you are also updating biometrics) and Rs. 50 (if only demographic details are being updated).
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Updating or Correction
|Account statement or passbook of the Post Office||Account statement or passbook of the Post Office||Passbook of the bank where the applicant is an account-holder|
|Passport||Ration Card||Voter Identification Card|
|Driving licence of the applicant||Government-issued photo identity card||PSU issued Service photo ID card|
|Spouse’s or partner’s passport||Last three months’ Credit Card statement||Previous three months’ telephone landline bill|
|Photo and a letter signed by the bank on letterhead||Signed letter and photo on the letterhead of the company issued by the registered office||Insurance policy|
|Job card of NREGS||Arms Licence||Pensioner card|
|Freedom fighter card||Kisan passbook||CGHS card|
|Registered agreement for sale, lease or rent of the applicant’s residential address||Receipt showing the Property Tax of the last 3 months||Address Certificate issued by the Village Panchayat head or any authority equivalent to them for rural areas|
|Assessment order of the Income Tax||Registration certificate of vehicle||ECHS card|
|Photo and address card by the Department of Posts||Caste and Domicile certificate along with a photo that the State Government has issued||For minors, parents’ passport is required|
|Address certificate along with a photo on their letterhead that is issued either by an MP, MLA, Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar||Previous 3 months’ bill of gas connection. Either a handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card that is issued by either a State Government, UT Government or any Administrations||Water bill, not more than 3 months old|
Previous 3 months’ electricity bill
Important things should be kept in mind while updating Aadhar Card
- The changes that you enter must be correct and appropriate documents which an individual is attaching with the form must be approved and self-attested.
- Your required details must be filled in in English or in the local language.
- While correcting the Aadhaar card details, it must be made sure that the URN is kept safe as it helps to track the Aadhar card status.
- In case, your mobile number is not registered, then you must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment to make corrections to your Aadhaar card.
- Make sure that all the details entered in the correction form are filled in capital letters.
- All the necessary information must be filled and no option should be kept unattended.
- Only those documents that are required as proof should be sent along with the form.
- Then the corrected Aadhar card will be sent to the address mentioned in the Aadhaar card.
- Also, the photocopy of the documents sent must be self-attested.
Why does the request for Aadhar Card Updation or Correction Get Reject?
The request for the Aadhaar Card updation/correction gets rejected sometimes, as UIDAI follows specific provisions to verify the details before making any changes in the Aadhar details. Only when these criteria are fulfilled, does UIDAI update the details on its system. The following conditions should be fulfilled before corrections are made to the Aadhaar card details:
- Adequate documents should be sent along with the form for verification. In absence of such documents, updating or correcting requests would not be processed.
- So all documents sent to UIDAI should be self-attested.
- If the details mentioned in the form do not match with the document attached for verification, the details of the Aadhar card will not be updated.
- In case the updation request of details in the Aadhaar card is rejected due to some reason, you can send a new request by making appropriate corrections in the form and submitting appropriate self-attested documents.
FAQs on How to Update Address in Aadhar Card
Are there any criteria to be met in order to request changes online?
In order to change your demographic details online, you have to submit scanned copies of the necessary documents. In case your document is not accepted by UIDAI, the update request will be rejected.
In case your mobile is not registered with UIDAI, you will not be able to avail any of the online facilities related to Aadhaar. Also, you can get your mobile number linked with Aadhaar by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or online via the Indian Postal Service website.
I do not have proof of address with me. Is it still possible to request a change in the address in my child’s Aadhaar?
You can get the address updated in your child’s Aadhaar by furnishing your Aadhaar card as the proof of address. So you do not have to provide additional proof of address for your child. how to update the wife’s address in the aadhar card