Online Aadhar Card Correction: An Aadhaar Card is a 12-digit unique identification number that is considered an essential document for proof of identity and proof of address. An Aadhaar Card is also required for availing of various government subsidies and benefits. However, it is of utmost importance that your Aadhaar Card is updated to avoid any delay. Follow the given steps below to update the Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number, and email id on the Aadhaar card online and offline by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre. aadhar card correction online
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 How to Update Aadhaar Card Details Online?
- 3 How to Update Aadhaar Card Details by Visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre?
- 4 What Details can be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Online?
- 5 How to Update Address in Aadhaar without Document Proof?
- 6 Documents Required for Updating or Correcting Aadhaar Card Information
- 7 Important Points to Remember While Updating Aadhaar
- 8 Reasons why Update Request may get Rejected
- 9 Benefits of Aadhar card
- 10 FAQs on Online Aadhar Card Correction
आधार कार्ड एक 12 अंकों की विशिष्ट पहचान संख्या है जिसे पहचान के प्रमाण और पते के प्रमाण के लिए एक आवश्यक दस्तावेज माना जाता है। विभिन्न सरकारी सब्सिडी और लाभों का लाभ उठाने के लिए भी आधार कार्ड की आवश्यकता होती है। हालांकि, यह अत्यंत महत्वपूर्ण है कि किसी भी देरी से बचने के लिए आपका आधार कार्ड अपडेट किया जाए। आधार नामांकन/अपडेट केंद्र पर जाकर आधार कार्ड का पता, नाम, जन्मतिथि, मोबाइल नंबर और आधार कार्ड पर ईमेल आईडी को ऑनलाइन और ऑफलाइन अपडेट करने के लिए नीचे दिए गए चरणों का पालन करें। aadhar card name correction online
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details Online?
You can update your name, date of birth, address, and gender details online. However, your mobile number must be linked to the Aadhaar in order to make the changes.
The procedure to update the name, address, gender, and date of birth details online is mentioned below:
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
- Click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
- Enter the Aadhaar number and captcha.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP that is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Next, select ‘Update Demographics Data’.
- Select the relevant options on the next page and click on ‘Proceed’.
- The changes can be made on the next page. Upload the relevant document next.
- Next, you must review the details that have been entered.
- Next, submit the change request. You can use the Update Request Number (URN) to track the status of the address change.
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details by Visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre?
The procedure to change any Aadhaar details offline is mentioned below:
- You must fill out the application correction form by requesting one at the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Once the documents have been attached, submit the application form to update the changes.
- A fee will have to be paid to change the address on the Aadhaar Card.
What Details can be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Online?
Currently, you can update the address, name, gender, and date of birth details online. However, your mobile number must be linked with your Aadhaar to make the changes online. You will have to visit an Aadhaar enrolment centre in order to make any other changes to the Aadhaar Card.
How to Update Address in Aadhaar without Document Proof?
The UIDAI has launched a facility where you can update the address details on the Aadhaar without providing address proof. You will need to use the ‘Request for Aadhaar Validation Letter’ to complete the procedure.
The four steps that are involved in the process are mentioned below:
- Resident Initiates Request
- As a resident, you must log in by providing your Aadhaar details.
- The Verifier Aadhaar details must be entered.
- An SRN will be sent.
- Address Verifier Consents
- Click on the link that is sent to the registered mobile number.
- Log in with the Aadhaar details.
- Provide consent.
- Address Verifier Consents
- A Verifier Consent is sent to the registered mobile number.
- Login by providing the SRN.
- Preview the address details.
- Then change the language if needed.
- Submit the request.
- User Secret Code to Complete
- A post will be sent with a letter and the Secret Code.
- Then login to the address update portal.
- Change the address with the help of the Secret Code.
- Then check the address and submit.
- A URN will be provided to check the status of the request.
Documents Required for Updating or Correcting Aadhaar Card Information
The documents required to update or make changes to your Aadhaar card have been classified into four categories:
- Identity Proof – PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Voter ID, etc.
- Relationship Proof – Passport/PDS Card/MNREGA Job Card/Pension Card, etc.
- Date of Birth Proof – Birth certificate/SLLC certificate/passport/PAN card, etc.
- Address Proof – Bank Passbook or Statement/Ration Card/Voter ID/Insurance Policy etc.
- So to know the complete list of supporting documents required for updating or correcting details on your Aadhaar Card, you can visit the official website of UIDAI.
Important Points to Remember While Updating Aadhaar
Things that you must remember while updating your Aadhaar are mentioned below:
- Ensure that the data you enter is accurate.
- Then ensure the spellings are all correct.
- The data that you provide must be supported by documentary evidence.
- Do not lose the acknowledgement receipt.
- Also, note down your URN for tracking the status of the update.
Reasons why Update Request may get Rejected
Some of the reasons why your Aadhaar update request might be rejected are mentioned below:
- The correct procedure is not followed.
- The relevant documents are not submitted.
- Incorrect information is given.
Benefits of Aadhar card
Let us now see the benefits of the Aadhar card which can be listed below:
Opening of Bank Accounts
You can use your Aadhaar Card as one of the vital documents under KYC or Know Your Customer for identification and authentication purposes. So banks and Financial institutions treat the Aadhaar Card as a valid photo ID and address proof for them to process the service requests like the opening of a bank account.
Aadhar card’s 12-digit number can be used by you to avail LPG subsidy amount getting directly deposited in your bank account. Also, this DBTL (Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG Consumers Scheme) is known as PAHAL. So you need to visit your zone’s distributor and have your Aadhar number linked to your 17-digit LPG consumer number. Though nowadays you get a direct benefit transfer facility by linking your bank account to the LPG number.
Procurement of Passport
Procuring a passport is a time-consuming process as it has many steps to follow. It generally takes many weeks to finish all the required procedures and to get your passport. But with Aadhaar coming in, the procedure of getting a passport can be now accelerated. If you wish to have a passport, you can apply online for the same by just attaching your Aadhaar Card as your identity and residence proof with your application and you need to attach any further proof in general.
The benefit of Digital Locker:
The government of India has introduced another digital means of having all the documents stored in an official server that belongs to the government and this is known as the DigiLocker system. So you can just sign-up for DigiLocker and link your 12-digit Aadhaar card number with the same.
Linking of Voters Id
Linking your voter’s id with Aadhaar is another vital step taken by the government to eradicate false voters. It would become impossible for any voter to possess numerous voter ID cards if the Aadhar is linked to the voter’s id. Registering for Aadhaar needs a voter ID cardholder to be present in person and then furnish his or her Aadhaar card to the voting booth officer for linking purposes.
Digital Life Certificate
The ‘Jeevan Pramaan for Pensioners’ also named as Digital Life certificate was introduced by Mr Narendra Modi, the Honourable Prime Minister of India. So the purpose was to eliminate the need for a pensioner to be in person to get a pension for the continuance of their scheme. So now, pensioners need not come physically as their details are digitally stored and will be retrieved by the agency by way of their Aadhar Card numbers.
Jan Dhan Yojana
The Jan Dhan Yojna admits your Aadhaar Card Number as the sole document for the opening of your bank account. Also, the program offers substantial assistance to individuals staying in distant localities and rural parts to get the services offered by the banks.
Ease of Provident Fund:
Alike pension, Employee Provident Fund Organization EPFO has also introduced online submission of Aadhaar Based Claims for all PF account holders.
PAN card and the IT return:
One of the finest steps taken by the Government to control black money by making the linking of PAN cards with Aadhaar a mandatory process.
FAQs on Online Aadhar Card Correction
Can DoB change in Aadhar card online?
You can update your Name, Gender, Date of Birth (DoB), Address and Language through the Update Aadhaar online Service. Please ensure that your mobile number is registered in Aadhaar while using this service.
Can correction be done on the Aadhar card?
You must fill out the application correction form by requesting one at the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Once the documents have been attached, submit the application form to update the changes. Also, a fee will have to be paid to change the address on the Aadhaar Card.
How many days it will take for Aadhar correction?
Normally 90% of the update request is completed within 30 days. Also, there is no restriction on the number of Aadhaars which can be linked with the same mobile number.
Can I get an Aadhar card in one day?
You will receive the Aadhaar Card at your registered residential address by India Post in about a maximum of 90 days after you have got your necessary document proofs and biometric data registered with Aadhaar. aadhar card correction form online