How to Add PAN Card with Aadhar Card Online: Linking Aadhar with a PAN card has become mandatory because your income tax return would not be processed if your Aadhar is not linked with PAN. Also, if you have to carry out a banking transaction above Rs. 50,000, you have to get your PAN card and Aadhar linked. Linking PAN cards with an Aadhaar card is very simple and the government has provided various methods to do that.
The deadline for linking PAN with the Aadhaar card has been extended till 31st March 2023. However, you will have to pay a fee to link your Aadhaar with a PAN card now. A fee of Rs. 500 would be charged if the linking is done by 30th June 2022. Post this date, you will have to pay a fee of Rs. 1,000 for the same. Know about how to link Aadhaar with your PAN Card online in this article below and get your documents linked at the earliest.
- 1 In Hindi: How to Add PAN Card with Aadhar Card Online
- 2 How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Online through e-Filing Website
- 3 How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card by Sending an SMS
- 4 Correction Facility for Linking PAN with Aadhaar Card
- 5 Unable to Link PAN with Aadhaar?
- 6 Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
- 7 How to Check the Aadhaar Card and PAN Card Linking Status
- 8 FAQs on How to Add PAN Card with Aadhar Card Online
In Hindi: How to Add PAN Card with Aadhar Card Online
आधार को पैन कार्ड से लिंक करना अनिवार्य हो गया है क्योंकि अगर आपका आधार पैन से लिंक नहीं है तो आपका आयकर रिटर्न संसाधित नहीं होगा। इसके अलावा, अगर आपको रुपये से ऊपर का बैंकिंग लेनदेन करना है। 50,000, आपको अपना पैन कार्ड और आधार लिंक करवाना होगा। पैन कार्ड को आधार कार्ड से लिंक करना बहुत आसान है और इसके लिए सरकार ने कई तरीके उपलब्ध कराए हैं।
पैन को आधार कार्ड से जोड़ने की समय सीमा 31 मार्च 2023 तक बढ़ा दी गई है। हालाँकि, आपको अपने आधार को पैन कार्ड से जोड़ने के लिए अभी शुल्क देना होगा। रुपये का शुल्क। यदि 30 जून 2022 तक लिंकिंग की जाती है तो 500 का शुल्क लिया जाएगा। इस तिथि के बाद, आपको रुपये का शुल्क देना होगा। उसी के लिए 1,000। आधार को अपने पैन कार्ड से ऑनलाइन लिंक करने के तरीके के बारे में नीचे दिए गए इस लेख में जानें और अपने दस्तावेजों को जल्द से जल्द लिंक करवाएं।
How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Online through e-Filing Website
People can get their PAN and Aadhaar linked online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the Income Tax e-Filing website and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option under the quick links
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number
- Enter the name as mentioned in your Aadhaar card
- In case the date of birth is mentioned on your Aadhaar card you have to tick the box
- Tick mark ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI’
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button
- Next, enter the OTP that you receive on your mobile number and click on ‘Validate’.
- A pop-up message will appear showing your successfully linked Aadhaar with PAN Card
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card by Sending an SMS
In order to link your Aadhaar to your PAN card via SMS, follow these steps:
- You have to type a message in the format
- UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>
- Send the message in the above-mentioned format to either 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number
- For example, if your Aadhaar number is 987654321012 and your PAN is ABCDE1234F, you have to type UIDPAN 987654321012 ABCDE1234F and send the message to either 567678 or 56161
Correction Facility for Linking PAN with Aadhaar Card
PAN and Aadhaar card linking is successful only when all your details in both documents match. In case there are errors such as spelling mistakes in your name, your PAN will not be linked with Aadhaar. You can make changes by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or through the portal of NSDL PAN. In case there are errors in your PAN Card, you can get them corrected by following these steps:
- The user can correct his PAN details using the NSDL website
- The NSDL link redirects to the page where you can apply for the correction of your name
- Then submit signed digital documents to get your PAN details updated
- Once your details are corrected in your PAN and confirmed by NSDL over a mail, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar
Unable to Link PAN with Aadhaar?
The Government of India has made it mandatory for all individuals to link PAN cards with the Aadhaar card before the deadline (i.e.31st March 2023) as failure to link both will lead to the deactivation of PAN by the Income Tax Department and you will not be to file Income Tax Returns, etc.
Moreover, make sure your name should be the same on both the PAN card and the Aadhaar card. In case there is some spelling mismatch, you will be unable to link Aadhaar with your PAN Card. So you will have to get your name corrected and after correction, you will be able to easily link your PAN with Aadhaar.
In case your name on the PAN card is wrongly spelt, follow these steps to make corrections online:
- Visit the e-filing website of NSDL at https://goo.gl/zvt8eV
- Select the ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in Existing PAN Data)’ option from the drop-down menu
- Then select the individual category and enter your details
- Make payment and submit your form online after Aadhaar e-KYC
- Then your updated PAN will be sent to your address
- Once you receive your PAN card, you can link your PAN with your Aadhaar
What to do offline, In case your name on the Aadhaar card is wrongly spelt
- Visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Carry a self-attested copy of your proof of Identity
- Fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form
- Then submit the form along with the documents
- You will get an acknowledgement slip that contains the update request number
- This URN can be used to check the status of your update request
- Once your update request is processed and the name is corrected, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar
Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
Linking PAN with Aadhaar is very important for all PAN cardholders because of the following reasons:
- All PAN cards that are not linked with Aadhaar will be deactivated after 31st March 2023
- Linking PAN with Aadhaar will help in tackling the problem of multiple PAN cards issued in the same name
- Your income tax return form would not be processed if your PAN is not linked with Aadhaar
- The user will get a summarised detail of taxes levied on him for future reference
How to Check the Aadhaar Card and PAN Card Linking Status
To check PAN-Aadhaar link status, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the e-Filing Income Tax Department page i.e. https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/AadhaarPreloginStatus.html
- Select ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ under ‘Quick Links
- Enter your PAN Number
- Then enter your Aadhaar Number
- Now, click on the ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ button
- Your Aadhaar-PAN link status will appear on your screen
FAQs on How to Add PAN Card with Aadhar Card Online
As per sec 139AA of the income tax act, 1961, every person who has been allotted PAN as on the 1st day of July 2017 and who is eligible to obtain an Aadhaar number has compulsorily linked their aadhar and PAN before the due date i.e. 31.03.2022 by giving his Aadhaar number in the prescribed form and manner without any late
After that, ₹ 1,000 would have to be paid by taxpayers as a penalty. Non-linking PAN with Aadhaar will lead to PAN becoming inoperative after March 31, 2022. It can be operationalised on penalty payment, said a CBDT notification dated March 29.
- Visit www.incometax.gov.in.
- Under the ‘Quick links’ head, click on the ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ option. ET Online.
- A new page will open on your computer screen. You will be required to enter your PAN and Aadhaar number.
- After entering the details, click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’.
Enter your PAN number, Aadhaar number, your full name, and the other details asked on the page. –Enter the captcha code. Click the ‘link Aadhaar’ button given at the bottom of the page. It could take up to 10 days for the update
If there is a name mismatch between your Aadhaar card and Pan Card, you are first required to rectify and update your name on your Aadhar Card by visiting the nearest ‘Permanent Enrolment Center’ of UIDAI or PAN Card by applying at the NSDL website.