UIDAI Hub: The Aadhaar system provides single source offline/online identity verification across the country for the residents. Once residents enrol, they can use their Aadhaar number to authenticate and establish their identity multiple times using electronic means or through offline verification, as the case may be. Data of all Aadhaar holders is safe and secure in the Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR) of UIDAI. The Aadhaar database in CIDR has never been breached in all these years of its existence. uidai data hub
UIDAI Hub: आधार प्रणाली निवासियों के लिए पूरे देश में एकल स्रोत ऑफ़लाइन / ऑनलाइन पहचान सत्यापन प्रदान करती है। एक बार निवासियों का नामांकन हो जाने पर, वे इलेक्ट्रॉनिक माध्यमों का उपयोग करके या ऑफ़लाइन सत्यापन के माध्यम से, जैसा भी मामला हो, कई बार अपनी पहचान प्रमाणित करने और स्थापित करने के लिए अपने आधार नंबर का उपयोग कर सकते हैं। UIDAI के सेंट्रल आइडेंटिटी डेटा रिपोजिटरी (CIDR) में सभी आधार धारकों का डेटा सुरक्षित और सुरक्षित है। सीआईडीआर में आधार डेटाबेस अपने अस्तित्व के इन सभी वर्षों में कभी भी भंग नहीं हुआ है।
State Resident Data Hub (SRDH) of Aadhar
In the state of Delhi, out of an estimated population of 168 lakh, 127 lakh residents have been enrolled and around 95 lakh aadhaar numbers have been already generated.
UIDAI provides Financial and Technical assistance in the development of IT infrastructure based on proposals received under ICT assistance program guidelines. The budget of assistance is around Rs 10 Crores per year per state. The state govt has already submitted a proposal where 8 schemes of 6 departments are proposed to be integrated with Aadhaar.
- Rehabilitation of Slum Dwellers- DUSIB
- Public Distribution System- Food and Supplies Deptt
- Ladli Scheme- Women & Child Development Deptt
- Old Age Pension Scheme- Social Welfare Deptt
- Widows Pension Scheme- Women & Child Development Deptt
- Financial assistance to disabled people – Social Welfare Deptt
- Aadhaar enablement of Mission Convergence schemes
- Aadhaar enabled digitization of student management system- Education Deptt
UIDAI is developing an application framework for SRDH for all states. Delhi has been chosen as one of 3 states where the pilot will be carried out by UIDAI in association with the state Govt.
Delhi eGovernance Society (DeGS), a society under the IT Department of GNCTD will be the nodal department for integrating various departmental applications with Aadhaar. So it has been decided to develop a State Resident Data Hub, SRDH for the state of Delhi.
State Resident Data Hub (SRDH) is a database of residents of the state of Delhi. It has Name, Gender, Age, Photograph and Address. It will act as the single source of truth for information on residents and will be integrated with departmental applications.
State Aadhar Portal
Department of IT & C (DOIT&C) has been registered as the state registrar by UIDAI for enrolment, monitoring and controlling of the entire Aadhaar based authentication work. DOIT&C is also functioning as ASA/KSA and AUA to provide various Aadhaar authentication-based services.
DOIT&C is extending AUA and ASA services to more than 20 SUB AUA (Government departments). Around 20 lakh transactions are taking place on daily basis. Major users of AUA services of DOIT&C are ePDS, Bhamsmhah, BSBY, SSO, and Emitra. So on average around monthly 10 lakh transactions are taking place on the PDS system only. Therefore we are operating our Aadhaar enrolment permanent centre across Rajasthan in all districts.
आईटी विभाग और amp; सी (डीओआईटी एंड सी) को यूआईडीएआई द्वारा पूरे आधार आधारित प्रमाणीकरण कार्य के नामांकन, निगरानी और नियंत्रण के लिए राज्य रजिस्ट्रार के रूप में पंजीकृत किया गया है। डीओआईटी& सी विभिन्न आधार प्रमाणीकरण-आधारित सेवाएं प्रदान करने के लिए एएसए/केएसए और एयूए के रूप में भी कार्य कर रहा है।
डीओआईटी& C 20 से अधिक SUB AUA (सरकारी विभागों) को AUA और ASA सेवाओं का विस्तार कर रहा है। रोजाना करीब 20 लाख ट्रांजेक्शन हो रहे हैं। DOIT& की AUA सेवाओं के प्रमुख उपयोगकर्ता सी ईपीडीएस, भामम्हा, बीएसबीवाई, एसएसओ और एमित्रा हैं। औसतन लगभग 10 लाख लेनदेन केवल पीडीएस सिस्टम पर ही हो रहे हैं। हम पूरे राजस्थान में सभी जिलों में अपना आधार नामांकन स्थायी केंद्र संचालित कर रहे हैं।
UIDAI headquarter is in Delhi. Other than that, it has 8 regional offices including Data Center and Tech Centers in different parts of the country.
Under the Notification, 3 Posts (DG, DDG and ADG) were sanctioned for headquarters with 35 UID commissioners in each of the States. It was thereafter decided to have Regional Offices in Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Delhi, Hyderabad, Guwahati, Lucknow, Mumbai and Ranchi with their jurisdiction covering specific states across the country. A Technology Centre has been set up in Bengaluru. 268 additional posts were created in September 2009. UIDAI at present has a total sanctioned strength of 383 officers and subordinate staff.
The UIDAI is headquartered in Delhi with Dr A B P Pandey as the Director General and Mission Director. Presently, he is also handling the additional responsibilities of the Chairman. Therefore in the organizational design, the DG is to be assisted by seven Deputy Director Generals, officers of the level of Joint Secretary, who are in charge of various Wings. One of the DDGs heads the Finance Wing. Then the DDGs would be supported by 21 ADGs, 15 Deputy Directors, 15 Section Officers and 15 Assistants. The HQ has a total sanctioned strength of 146 officers and staff including the Accounts and IT branches. All the officers and staff have been appointed on deputation either under Central Staffing Scheme or through a bilateral route. Then of the sanctioned strength, 85 are in position at present. So appointments for the remaining vacancies are in process.
Project Management Unit
- The Program Management Unit (PMU) has been set up given the need for a core team of experts in various areas of operation to kick-start the ID issuance process and provide guidance in the areas of technology, legal, procurement of hardware & software, preparation of detailed project report, awareness building etc. Hence these professionals come with rich experience in their respective domains and have been engaged to advise the authority and work with consultants/service providers etc all on various aspects of the project – including the development of prototypes, testing the proof of concept, building the technology platform, designing, communication and awareness programs etc.
- Then the team has been established with the assistance of the National Institute of Smart Government (NISG) with whom the UIDAI entered into an agreement on 30 November 2009. Twenty professionals are currently onboard in roles ranging from Technology, Legal, Communications and Procurement to Capacity Building, Process and Operations.
Technology Development Unit
- A Technology Development Unit (TDU) consisting of experts in various areas of operation including technology, legal framework, procurement of hardware and software etc. has been established. The units are supported by Volunteers, Resources and Sabbaticals.
- So the UIDAI has finalized the Volunteer, Sabbatical and Internship Guidelines. They are enclosed below. Those interested can apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Then kindly mention “Volunteer – UIDAI” or “Sabbatical – UIDAI” or “Internship – UIDAI” clearly on the subject of the email. Application Performa for Volunteer and Sabbatical/Secondment.
FAQs on UIDAI Hub
What is resident UIDAI?
A resident can voluntarily use his Aadhaar number in physical or electronic form by way of authentication or offline verification, or in such other form as may be specified by UIDAI. So mandatory Aadhaar authentication can be performed if the purpose is backed by law.
Can Aadhaar be hacked?
Just as by merely knowing your ATM card number, no one can withdraw money from the ATM similarly by knowing your Aadhaar number alone, no one can hack into your bank account and withdraw money, UIDAI said
Is sharing the Aadhar card number safe?
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) maintains; that when people share their Aadhaar card details for digital activities they should take due precautions; however, they also maintain that sharing the Aadhar details is safe.
How can I protect my Aadhar card?
Open the Resident portal Under Aadhaar Service Click on Lock & Unlock. Select UID Lock Radio Button and enter UID Number, Full Name; and Pin Code as in the latest details and enter Security code. Then click on Send OTP or select TOTP and click on submit. So now your UID will be locked successfully.
Does the Aadhaar card expire?
The Aadhaar card is valid for your lifetime and does not expire till your death. The card is issued once and thereafter, it continues to be applicable throughout an adult’s lifetime.