UIDAI Toll-Free Number: UIDAI operates a toll-free number to communicate with people. Any person who wishes to get their query answered, can complain or give suggestions for improvement by calling the toll-free number 1947 or 1800 300 1947 which operates 24×7 on all 365 days of the year. These numbers are operated by UIDAI. Also apart from these numbers, most of the regional offices of the organization have grievance redressal units.
Aadhaar is one of the most widely used government-approved identity cards that contain both the demographic and biometric details of the cardholder. Also, the government is linking Aadhaar with several schemes and other legal means to prove the authenticity of the linked documents. Also, the deadline for linking various devices with Aadhaar has been fixed. However, UIDAI has made various provisions for the people to avail of these services easily. So people can contact on Aadhar card customer care phone number to get their queries answered. So these contact details can also be used to register a complaint or file a complaint.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Aadhar Card Customer Care Number
- 3 UIDAI Headquarters
- 4 Regional Contact Numbers
- 5 Grievance Redressal
- 6 Aadhaar Services on SMS
- 7 Online complaint filing through Resident Portal
- 8 FAQs on UIDAI Toll-Free Number
यूआईडीएआई लोगों से संवाद करने के लिए एक टोल-फ्री नंबर संचालित करता है। कोई भी व्यक्ति जो अपने प्रश्न का उत्तर प्राप्त करना चाहता है, शिकायत कर सकता है या टोल-फ्री नंबर 1947 या 1800 300 1947 पर कॉल करके सुधार के लिए सुझाव दे सकता है जो वर्ष के सभी 365 दिनों में 24×7 संचालित होता है। ये नंबर यूआईडीएआई द्वारा संचालित किए जाते हैं। साथ ही इन नंबरों के अलावा, संगठन के अधिकांश क्षेत्रीय कार्यालयों में शिकायत निवारण इकाइयां हैं।
आधार सबसे व्यापक रूप से उपयोग किए जाने वाले सरकार द्वारा अनुमोदित पहचान पत्रों में से एक है जिसमें कार्डधारक के जनसांख्यिकीय और बायोमेट्रिक विवरण दोनों शामिल हैं। और सरकार आधार को लिंक किए गए दस्तावेजों की प्रामाणिकता साबित करने के लिए कई योजनाओं और अन्य कानूनी साधनों से जोड़ रही है। साथ ही विभिन्न उपकरणों को आधार से जोड़ने की समय सीमा तय की गई है। हालांकि, यूआईडीएआई ने लोगों को इन सेवाओं का आसानी से लाभ उठाने के लिए कई प्रावधान किए हैं। लोग अपने प्रश्नों का उत्तर पाने के लिए आधार कार्ड कस्टमर केयर फोन नंबर पर संपर्क कर सकते हैं। तो इन संपर्क विवरणों का उपयोग शिकायत दर्ज करने या शिकायत दर्ज करने के लिए भी किया जा सकता है।
Aadhar Card Customer Care Number
As the Aadhaar card has become important for all citizens of India, proper management of Aadhaar enrollment, development of policy, and ensuring an efficient system for issuance of Aadhaar numbers to individuals is an important task of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Authentication as well as secures the identity and authentication records of individuals, the reason being that the Aadhaar card is based on the applicant’s biometric and demographic data. Therefore aadhaar acts as a Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA) and entitles citizens to additional benefits mentioned under the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
So to provide efficient grievance redressal services, UIDAI provides a toll-free Aadhaar helpline number 1800 300 1947 or 1947, throughout the year (24/7 x 365) to help citizens collect information on their Aadhar card. operates. So any person who wants to lodge an official complaint or give suggestions can use this helpline. Additionally, one can also seek this helpline to find Aadhaar Enrollment Centers across India.
UIDAI is headquartered in New Delhi. People can write to UIDAI directly to get answers to their questions at:
- Unique Identification Authority of India
- Government of India
- 3rd Floor, Tower II, Jeevan Bharti Building,
- Connaught Circus, New Delhi – 110001
- Phone: 011-234668**
Regional Contact Numbers
The UIDAI has established multiple aadhaar centres across cities in India. So most of these centres have a grievance redressal unit where people can call and share their issues to get speedy resolutions.
Regional Centre: Chandigarh
- Telephone Number: 0172-2711***
- Fax: 0172-2711***
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: SCO 139-141, 3rd and 4th Floor, Sector 17-C, Chandigarh – 160017
Regional Centre: New Delhi
- Telephone Number: 011-23481***
- Fax: 011-234811**
- Address: Ground Floor, Pragati Maidan Metro Station, New Delhi -110001
Regional Centre: Lucknow
- Telephone Number: 0522-2304***
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: UIDAI Regional Office, 03rd Floor, UP State Construction & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. Building, TC-46/V, Vibhuti Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow – 226 010
Regional Centre: Mumbai
- Telephone Number: 1947
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: UIDAI Regional Office, 7th Floor, MTNL Exchange Building, G.D. Somani Marg, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai – 400 005
Regional Centre: Ranchi
- Telephone Number: 0651-6450***
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: UIDAI Regional Office, 1st Floor, RIADA Central Office Building, Namkum Industrial Area, Near STPI Lowadih, Ranchi – 834 010
UIDAI has put in place a proactive grievance redressal mechanism. And there are many channels through which people can register complaints and get them addressed. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Through Toll-Free Number – People can call in 1947 and get their grievances redressed by phone. Alternatively, they can call the regional centres and get their issues resolved.
- Then by Post – People can address their issues through the post. So they can send the letter to any Regional Center or UIDAI Headquarters.
- By e-mail – People can also share their grievances by e-mailing their grievances to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grievance Redressal Process
Once you submit your complaint, the procedure to be followed to resolve your issue is as follows:
The issue is examined and on obtaining approval from the Deputy Director. So it is forwarded to the concerned Regional Office or the concerned Section at Headquarters.
The concerned Regional Office or the concerned section will respond to the complaint online.
If an interim reply is to be given, the Regional Office or the concerned section will do so online.
The Deputy Director is the Public Grievance Officer of UIDAI.
Search below through Public Grievance Portal:
- Directorate of Public Grievances (DPG).
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
- Parent organization.
- direct receipts.
- President’s Secretariat.
- Minister’s Office.
- PM Office.
Complaints can be sent through post to the Regional Offices or Headquarters of UIDAI. The complaints are scrutinized and then sent to the concerned regional office or the concerned section. However, the Deputy Director will have to approve the complaint before sending it to the Regional Office or the concerned Section. Then the complaint is dealt with online by the concerned section or regional office. Interim replies (if required) may also be provided.
Aadhaar Services on SMS
SMS from Registered Mobile to 1947 in the format mentioned below:
- To Generate – Virtual ID
- To Retrieve – Virtual ID
- To Get OTP
- GETOTPAadhaar-NUMBER-last-4-digits (If using Aadhaar Number)
- GETOTPVirtual ID-NUMBER-last-6-digits (If using Virtual ID)
- To Lock Aadhaar
- SMS 1 : GETOTPAadhaar NUMBER-last-4-digits
- SMS 2 : LOCKUIDAadhaar NUMBER-last 4-digits OTP-6-digits
- To Unlock Aadhaar
- SMS 1: GETOTPVirtual-ID-last-6-digits
- SMS 2: UNLOCKUIDVirtual-ID-last-6-digits OTP-6-digits
Online complaint filing through Resident Portal
Applicants can file complaints online. To address this in the shortest possible time the applicant can fill out the form and submit his/her grievances online. The applicant has to fill in the details like – Enrollment ID, Personal details, Location and Grievance details and submits the form. Then an update on your request will be provided to you via e-mail or mobile number. Complaints can be filed through this mechanism:
- Not making an aadhar card
- Operators and Enrollment Agencies
People can check the status of the aadhar complaint filed through the resident portal. Also, they have to do is provide the complaint ID and click on the submit button after entering the security code.
FAQs on UIDAI Toll-Free Number
How do I file a complaint regarding the Aadhaar Card generation?
You can file a complaint by visiting UIDAI’s website and filling out the grievance redressal form. You can also write to email@example.com to get your issues addressed or call 1947 and report your issues to UIDAI.
Why is UIDAI’s number in touch?
Google said the emergency number 112 and the UIDAI number were “inadvertently coded” in the Indian version of Android and have remained there ever since. So numbers are listed in a user’s contact list, and these are transferred to the contacts on any new device accordingly.
What is the purpose of UIDAI?
To ensure the security and confidentiality of individuals’ identifying information and authentication records. So ensuring letter and spirit compliance of the Aadhaar Act by all individuals and agencies.
Can we delete the UIDAI number?
Aadhaar is a 12-digit identification number that UIDAI issues to residents of India. However, once generated, there is no process to cancel or surrender the Aadhaar even after the death of an individual. Also, the Aadhaar database does not have a provision to update the information about the death of the holder.
Can a person have 2 Aadhar cards?
Aadhaar is a unique number, and no resident can have a duplicate number as it is linked to their biometrics; Thereby identifying fake and ghost identities resulting in leakages happening today.