UIDAI CEO: Senior bureaucrat Saurabh Garg has been named as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The development comes as part of the bureaucratic reshuffle announced by the Center on Thursday. Presently, Garg is serving in his cadre state Odisha. Also, he is a 1991 batch IAS officer.
An order issued by the Personnel Ministry said that the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has got the final approval on the appointment of Garg as CEO of UIDAI in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary. So before Garg, Ajay Bhushan Pandey was the CEO of UIDAI. And on March 3, 2020, Pandey was named as the new Finance Secretary by the Centre. Pandey, a 1984 batch IAS officer of Maharashtra cadre, spent nine years at UIDAI.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Head Office of UIDAI
- 3 Key Notes of UIDAI:-
- 4 What is the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)?
- 5 History of UIDAI
- 6 Services Provided by UIDAI
- 7 Objectives of UIDAI
- 8 Functions of UIDAI
- 9 UIDAI Vision and Mission
- 10 UIDAI core value
- 11 FAQs on UIDAI CEO
वरिष्ठ नौकरशाह सौरभ गर्ग को भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (यूआईडीएआई) के नए मुख्य कार्यकारी अधिकारी (सीईओ) के रूप में नामित किया गया है। विकास गुरुवार को केंद्र द्वारा घोषित नौकरशाही फेरबदल के हिस्से के रूप में आता है। वर्तमान में, गर्ग अपने कैडर राज्य ओडिशा में सेवारत हैं। वह 1991 बैच के आईएएस अधिकारी हैं।
कार्मिक मंत्रालय की ओर से जारी एक आदेश में कहा गया है कि कैबिनेट की नियुक्ति समिति को अतिरिक्त सचिव के पद और वेतन में यूआईडीएआई के सीईओ के रूप में गर्ग की नियुक्ति पर अंतिम मंजूरी मिल गई है। तो गर्ग से पहले अजय भूषण पांडे यूआईडीएआई के सीईओ थे। और 3 मार्च, 2020 को, पांडे को केंद्र द्वारा नए वित्त सचिव के रूप में नामित किया गया था। महाराष्ट्र कैडर के 1984 बैच के आईएएस अधिकारी पांडे ने यूआईडीएआई में नौ साल बिताए।
Head Office of UIDAI
Unique Identification Authority of India, Government of India (GoI), Bangla Sahib Road, Behind Kali Mandir, Gole Market, New Delhi – 110001
Key Notes of UIDAI:-
|UIDAI Full Form:||Unique Identification Authority of India|
|Type of Service:||Government office|
|Managed By:||Government of India|
|Founded Date:||28 January 2009|
|First UID Number Was Issued:||29 September 2010|
What is the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)?
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a government agency in New Delhi that acts as the Aadhaar Unique Identification Number (UID) and card issuing authority. Therefore the agency has been empowered by the government to develop, identify and set up the necessary infrastructure for the issuance of Aadhar cards.
UIDAI was established in 2009 and functions as part of the Planning Commission of India. The agency issues cards with the help of several registrar agencies made up of state-owned entities and departments as well as public sector banks and entities such as the Life Insurance Corporation of India. At the time of this writing, UIDAI has issued 200 million Aadhaar UID numbers and cards across the country in the last two years. It expects to cover another 40 crore persons by 2014.
UIDAI works in consultation with the Registrar General of India, who is responsible for census data in India. The agency is headed by Nandan Nilekani, former chairman and co-founder of Infosys Ltd, who holds the rank and status of a cabinet minister.
History of UIDAI
Nandan Nilekani was officially appointed for the UIDAI Aadhar card when it was set up in January 2009. So in April 2010, Nilekani coined the UIDAI symbol, and the identifier Aadhaar was popularized.
On 7 February 2012, the Unique Identification Authority of India formally launched an online gateway.
UIDAI has grown in popularity and national recognition soon after the release of the online platform. The reason for this increase was that at this time the Prime Minister of India, Dr Manmohan Singh had announced the Aadhaar-based benefit scheme. Initially, the strategy was introduced to track capital transactions and integrate a stable and secure system that included payment transactions directly into the user’s savings account.
UIDAI created history in 2016 when the Legislative Council allowed the passing of the Aadhaar Act. It also becomes effective immediately after the money bill is passed by the legislature in the same year. Later, the Aadhaar Act was included in the Gazette of India.
Today, 40,800,000,000 authentications have been done for users. As per the dataset, UIDAI has experienced significant growth. In India, Aadhaar remains the preferred proof of identity.
Services Provided by UIDAI
The UIDAI services used by Aadhaar number holders to perform Aadhaar authentication are as follows:
- Ensure Aadhar Number: The authority of Aadhar can easily verify whether the Aadhar card is valid or not.
- Validate Email/Contact Number: This will enable service providers and Aadhaar number holders to verify that the Aadhaar number is valid and not inactive.
- Lock/Unlock Biometrics: Once the biometric is locked, it cannot be used by anyone for authentication. Thus, you must ensure that the biometric verification is done properly.
- Aadhaar Card and Bank Account Linking: Aadhaar owners can verify to see if their Aadhaar links with any of their savings accounts. Aadhaar status obtains from the NPCI domain controller. As per the Supreme Court’s judgment dated September 26, 2018, linking of bank account and Aadhar card is not required.
- Digital ID Generator: The aadhar number owner can generate his 16-digit digital ID.
Objectives of UIDAI
The UIDAI Aadhar card was introduced to provide a unique ID to every Indian citizen. Also, to bring them to the notice of the authorities so that they can access important welfare benefits. So some other objectives are as follows:
- Creating a standard, unique proof of identity for residents.
- To offer a framework to be used by all countries. In other words, one Aadhar card will be valid across the country.
Functions of UIDAI
UIDAI is a government organization responsible for developing various strategies and programs for the people. To take advantage of the effectiveness offered to Aadhar cardholders.
UIDAI has several features to make the enrollment process robust and hassle-free. Some of the features of UIDAI are as follows:
- The modernity of the underprivileged: The primary goal of UIDAI is to bring the backward classes to the awareness of the government. So that they can take advantage of the perks and incentives of the government. UID strategy and facilities help improve the delivery of federal welfare facilities.
- Customer Enrollment: For Indian citizens, UIDAI has an authenticated format to view the registration process and perform secure verification. In addition, it is important to identify imaginary activities. The method carries out by collecting the iris fingerprint from the database of UIDAI.
- Online Verification: Privacy is a major concern, which is why the UIDAI department assures stringent online authentication.
- Flexible: UIDAI officials have made it flexible for customers by introducing an online facility. Even sitting at home, the user can easily do the verification for the PVC card.
- Eliminate duplication: To eliminate duplication of data, UIDAI has developed software that will avoid conflict of information on the database platform. For example, each customer’s enrollment encodes after the completion of the registration process in the Central ID Repository (CIDR) software.
UIDAI Vision and Mission
UIDAI’s vision is to provide personal identification to all Indians. To avoid inconvenience during the use of proof of identity anywhere.
The government set up UIDAI with a mission to accomplish the following goals:
- Develop policies, methods and frameworks to enable Aadhaar card enrollment, issuance, verification and notifications.
- To assure that all information provided by Cardmembers kept with the utmost confidentiality.
- To provide fair and accountable management while offering subsidies and incentives to cardholders.
- Guarantee that all organizations and individuals comply with the Aadhaar Ordinance.
- It provides a complete framework for individuals and organizations to connect with Aadhaar facilities.
- Make sure the information system is scalable, flexible and available.
- Also, to enable a sustainable organization to carry forward the values and principles of UIDAI.
UIDAI core value
The specific core values of UIDAI are as follows:
- UIDAI claims that the Aadhar card will help in the establishment of an effective governance plan and will spur new federal initiatives.
- One of the guiding principles of UIDAI is to make the organization resilient and secure.
- UIDAI collaborates with various agencies to communicate the value of the alliance.
- UIDAI Online aims to build a society that upholds human standards and provides standardized service to Indian citizens.
FAQs on UIDAI CEO
Who made the first Aadhar card in India?
Tembhali is a Village in Nandurbar District of Maharashtra State in India, from where the ambitious Aadhaar Scheme was launched on 29 September 2010. Ranjana Sonawane became the first person to be given an Aadhaar identification number.
Who was appointed as the CEO of UIDAI in August 2021?
Senior bureaucrat Saurabh Garg has named as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). So the development comes as part of the bureaucratic reshuffle announced by the Center on Thursday
अगस्त 2021 में यूआईडीएआई के सीईओ के रूप में किसे नियुक्त किया गया था?
वरिष्ठ नौकरशाह सौरभ गर्ग को भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (यूआईडीएआई) के नए मुख्य कार्यकारी अधिकारी (सीईओ) के रूप में नामित किया गया है। विकास गुरुवार को केंद्र द्वारा घोषित नौकरशाही फेरबदल के हिस्से के रूप में आता है
Is UIDAI a government job?
UIDAI invites applications from candidates belonging to the Government of India sector for filling up various posts on a deputation basis in UIDAI Headquarters and Regional Offices.
Can a person make 2 Aadhar cards?
One Aadhaar: Aadhaar is a unique number, and no resident can have a duplicate number as its links to their biometrics; Therefore identifying fake and ghost identities results in leakages happening today.
क्या कोई व्यक्ति 2 आधार कार्ड बना सकता है?
एक आधार: आधार एक अद्वितीय संख्या है, और किसी भी निवासी के पास डुप्लीकेट नंबर नहीं हो सकता क्योंकि यह उनके बायोमेट्रिक्स से जुड़ा होता है; जिससे नकली और भूत की पहचान की पहचान हो रही है जिसके परिणामस्वरूप आज लीकेज हो रहा है।