UIDAI Adhar Card: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) issues the Aadhaar card which is a 12-digit unique identification number assigned to all residents of India. Residents get this number by providing their biometric and demographic details at the various government-authorized Aadhaar Enrolment Centres or Aadhaar Seva Kendras (ASKs). Read below to know everything about the Aadhar card. uidai gov in adhar card status
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Eligibility for Aadhaar Card Enrolment
- 3 Documents Required for Aadhaar Enrolment
- 4 How to Apply for Aadhaar Card
- 5 How to Check Aadhaar Application Status Online?
- 6 How to Check Aadhaar Update Status Online?
- 7 How to Download or Print e-Aadhaar Card Online
- 8 PVC Aadhaar Card
- 9 How to Link PAN with Aadhaar?
- 10 The Process to Link Aadhaar with Bank Account
- 11 How to Lock/Unlock your Biometrics
- 12 Aadhaar Card Benefits
- 13 UIDAI Aadhaar Card Services
- 14 FAQs on UIDAI Adhar Card
भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण (यूआईडीएआई) आधार कार्ड जारी करता है जो भारत के सभी निवासियों को आवंटित 12 अंकों की विशिष्ट पहचान संख्या है। निवासियों को यह संख्या सरकार द्वारा अधिकृत विभिन्न आधार नामांकन केंद्रों या आधार सेवा केंद्रों (एएसके) पर अपना बायोमेट्रिक और जनसांख्यिकीय विवरण प्रदान करके प्राप्त होती है। आधार कार्ड के बारे में सब कुछ जानने के लिए नीचे पढ़ें। uidai adhar card print
Eligibility for Aadhaar Card Enrolment
The purpose of issuing Aadhaar by UIDAI to the residents of India was to provide them with a document that can be used as unique identity proof for various purposes. It is more than just an identification number. However, the eligibility to avail of an Aadhaar Card is not just limited to Indians.
The eligibility criteria for Aadhaar enrolment are as follows:
- The applicant is an Indian citizen residing in India, or
- The applicant is a non-resident Indian living in India
- Aadhaar Card for Resident Indians
- Every Indian citizen can apply for an Aadhaar card. Moreover, the Government of India has now made it mandatory for taxpayers to link their PAN with Aadhaar for filing their annual Income Tax Return (ITR).
Aadhaar Card for NRIs
Non-resident Indians (NRIs) including both minors and adults having a valid Indian Passport can apply for Aadhaar card by visiting any Aadhaar Kendra.
Aadhaar Card for Minors or Baal Aadhaar
- Aadhaar enrolment is available even for minors, unlike the voter identification card.
- To apply for an Aadhaar card for children, you have to provide proof of identity and address of parents. Newborns can also be enrolled for Aadhaar. However, they must update their biometric data as soon as they turn 5 and 15. The Baal Aadhaar card for children below 5 years is blue in colour.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Enrolment
At the time of Aadhaar enrolment, you have to submit the following document proofs – Proof of Address (POA), Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Relationship (PoR) and Date of Birth (DoB) proof. The most common that are generally used to apply for an Aadhaar Card is given below:
|Passport of the applicant||PAN Card||Ration card or PDS Photo Card|
|Voter Identification Card||Driving Licence||NREGS Jobs Card|
|Photo Bank ATM Card||Voter Identification Card||Certificate of birth of the applicant|
How to Apply for Aadhaar Card
Considering the importance of Aadhaar and its various benefits, the next question is – How to get the Aadhaar card? There are systematic protocols and a step-by-step process which need to be followed to apply for an Aadhar Card.
The applicant is required to provide the necessary information at the time of Aadhaar enrolment and when such data is verified, the Aadhaar card is generated. You can check the Aadhaar enrolment status online as well.
The step-by-step application process for the Aadhaar Card is as follows:
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Fill out the Aadhaar Enrollment Form
- Provide the Photograph and Biometric Data (fingerprint and iris scan)
- After enrolment, you will now receive an acknowledgement slip containing the enrolment number that can be used to check Aadhar status online as well as through IVR
- Dispatch of Aadhaar to the Address of the Applicant
How to Check Aadhaar Application Status Online?
You can check the Aadhaar Card application status online using ‘Enrolment ID’ which is available in the Aadhaar Acknowledgement Slip containing the 14-digit enrolment number (1234/12345/12345) and 14-digit date and time of enrolment (yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm: ss).
Follow these simple steps to check your Aadhaar enrolment status online:
- Visit the UIDAI website and click “Check Aadhaar Status” in the “Get Aadhaar” section.
- Enter your enrolment number and security code
- If your Aadhaar is generated, you will get the Aadhaar details and the delivery status
How to Check Aadhaar Update Status Online?
If there are errors in Aadhaar details, people can get them rectified both online and offline. However, you can also check the update request’s status online. Follow these simple steps to check Aadhaar card update status online:
- In the “Update Aadhaar” section, click on “Check Aadhaar Update Status”
- Enter your Service Request Number or SRN generated at the time of updating
- You will be able to see the Aadhaar update status online
- Click here to know in detail how to check Aadhaar application status online
How to Download or Print e-Aadhaar Card Online
Once the Aadhaar card status enquiry shows that your Aadhaar number is generated, it is dispatched to your residential address. However, you can download your Aadhaar online as well. There are various ways through which you can get your Aadhar card. They are using:
- Aadhaar Number
- Name and Date of Birth
- Without Registered Mobile Number
- Enrolment Number (EID)
- Virtual ID
- DigiLocker Account
- Umang App
Note: You can print the downloaded e-Aadhaar card and use it as your original Aadhaar till the original Aadhaar reaches you. The e-Aadhar card is also acceptable at all places.
PVC Aadhaar Card
UIDAI has now permitted the Aadhaar Card to be reprinted as Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) card. You can apply for the Aadhaar PVC card online by paying a nominal fee of Rs. 50 (inclusive of GST and Speed Post charges). The Aadhaar PVC card is comparatively more durable, comes with a host of security features and is a valid form of Aadhaar.
How to Link PAN with Aadhaar?
The Union Government of India has made it mandatory for people to link their PAN with Aadhaar for filing ‘Income Tax Return’ under Section 133 AA (2) of the Income Tax Act. As of now, the deadline for linking PAN with an Aadhaar card is 31st March 2023. However, if you link PAN with an Aadhar card by 30th June 2022, you will have to pay a fee of Rs. 500 whereas the fee would be Rs. 1,000 in case the Aadhar PAN linking is done between 1st July 2022 and 31st March 2023.
The ways to link to PAN with Aadhaar are as follows:
- Linking PAN with Aadhaar through the e-filing website
- Linking of Aadhaar Number and PAN via SMS
The Process to Link Aadhaar with Bank Account
The Reserve Bank of India made it compulsory for all bank accounts to be linked with Aadhaar in 2017. However, as per the Supreme Court’s judgement in 2018, it is no longer a compulsion to link your Aadhaar with the bank account.
However, in case you want to link Aadhaar with your Bank Account, you can do so via any of the following means given below:
- Link Aadhaar with Bank Account via Internet Banking
- Bank’s Mobile Application
- By Visiting the nearest bank branch
- SMS Service
- Mobile Number
How to Lock/Unlock your Biometrics
Aadhaar acts as the proof of identity and proof of address for the citizens of India which are one of the most important documents for availing government-related services. However, UIDAI provides the security of your Aadhaar by providing the facility to lock/unlock Aadhaar biometric data online. The ways to lock and unlock your Aadhaar biometric data online are as follows:
- Lock/Unlock Aadhaar Biometric through UIDAI
- Lock/Unlock Aadhaar Biometric via the mAdhaar app
Aadhaar Card Benefits
The Government of India issues an Aadhaar number to every Indian citizen which acts as a proof of identity everywhere in the country. There is a range of benefits of having an Aadhaar card, as mentioned below:
- Identity Card
- Proof of Address/Residence
- Government Subsidy
- Bank Accounts
- Income Tax
- Gas Connection
- Phone Connection
- Mutual Funds
UIDAI Aadhaar Card Services
- You can download an Aadhaar card online from the official website of UIDAI
- You can check your Aadhaar card status if your Aadhaar is generated after enrolment or not
- Then you can easily locate Aadhaar Enrolment/ Update Centre in your area in case you want to visit there to update your details via UIDAI online portal
- If you forget/misplace your Aadhaar/Enrolment number, you can retrieve lost UID/EID online quite easily
- You can update your address online by visiting the UIDAI’s portal free of cost
- You can also verify the Aadhaar number of a resident through the online portal
- A resident can lock and unlock Aadhaar biometrics online as well as through the mAadhaar app
- The aadhaar-bank account linking status can be checked by an employee online
- You can track all authentication requests in the past 6 months by checking your Aadhaar authentication history
- To protect your Aadhaar and provide an added layer of security, you can generate or retrieve your Aadhaar Virtual ID against your Aadhaar number
FAQs on UIDAI Adhar Card
How can I get my original Aadhar card?
It can be ordered online through uidai.gov.in or resident.uidai.gov.in using an Aadhaar number, Virtual ID or Enrolment ID and paying a nominal charge of Rs. 50/-. Aadhaar PVC Card is delivered to the resident’s address by speed post.
Can I download the Aadhar card by name?
According to UIDAI, an e-Aadhaar card downloaded from the UIDAI website is a valid proof of identity. Now, in case, if you do not remember your Aadhaar number or EID, then don’t worry because you can still download your e-Aadhaar by entering your name and date of birth.
Is the printout of the Aadhar card valid?
It is, therefore, clarified that Downloaded Aadhaar (e-Aadhaar) is a valid and secure electronic document which should be treated at par with a printed Aadhaar letter. adhar card uidai