Aadhar Card UIDAI: UIDAI was created to issue Unique Identification numbers (UID), named “Aadhaar”, to all residents of India. The UID had to be (a) robust enough to eliminate duplicate and fake identities, and (b) verifiable and authenticable in an easy, cost-effective way. The Aadhaar system provides single source offline/online identity verification across the country for the residents. Once residents enrol, they can use their Aadhaar number to authenticate and establish their identity multiple times using electronic means or through offline verification, as the case may be. www uidai gov in aadhar card download
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 UIDAI – Unique Identification Authority of India
- 3 Objectives of UIDAI
- 4 Brief History of UIDAI
- 5 Services Provided by UIDAI
- 6 Vision and Mission of UIDAI
- 7 Core Values of UIDAI
- 8 UIDAI Organizational Structure
- 9 Members of the UIDAI
- 10 UIDAI Regional Offices
- 11 Aadhaar Act 2016
- 12 UIDAI Ecosystem
- 13 UIDAI Finance & Accounts Division
- 14 Finance and Accounts Division – Role
- 15 mAadhaar
- 16 Grievance Redressal of UIDAI
- 17 FAQs on Aadhar Card UIDAI
Aadhar Card UIDAI: 2019 यूआईडीएआई को भारत के सभी निवासियों के लिए “आधार” नामक विशिष्ट पहचान संख्या (यूआईडी) जारी करने के लिए बनाया गया था। यूआईडी को (ए) नकली और नकली पहचान को खत्म करने के लिए पर्याप्त मजबूत होना चाहिए, और (बी) एक आसान, लागत प्रभावी तरीके से सत्यापन योग्य और प्रामाणिक होना चाहिए। आधार प्रणाली निवासियों के लिए पूरे देश में एकल स्रोत ऑफ़लाइन / ऑनलाइन पहचान सत्यापन प्रदान करती है। एक बार निवासियों का नामांकन हो जाने पर, वे इलेक्ट्रॉनिक माध्यमों का उपयोग करके या ऑफ़लाइन सत्यापन के माध्यम से, जैसा भी मामला हो, कई बार अपनी पहचान प्रमाणित करने और स्थापित करने के लिए अपने आधार नंबर का उपयोग कर सकते हैं। uidai aadhar card
UIDAI – Unique Identification Authority of India
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which is now recognized as a statutory authority, was set up on 12 July 2016 by the Government of India as per the provisions of the Aadhaar Act 2016. UIDAI is headquartered in New Delhi and has around 8 regional offices in India.
Objectives of UIDAI
The main objective of UIDAI is to issue a 12-digit unique identification number (UID) to each individual in order to:
- Do away with duplication of identities
- Verify and authenticate identity in a cost-effective manner
Brief History of UIDAI
Initially, the UIDAI was operating as a part of the Planning Commission, which has now become the NITI Ayog. However, in 2015, after the government revised ‘Allocation of Business Rules’ to attach UIDAI under the aegis of the Electronics and Information Technology Department. UID number, referred to as Aadhaar, was issued for the first time in 2010 to an individual who was residing at Nandurbar, Maharashtra.
The body is now responsible for the enrollment, authentication and management of all stages in the development of the Aadhaar Card life cycle.
Services Provided by UIDAI
- Locating an enrollment centre
- Checking the status of Aadhaar
- Downloading Aadhaar
- Retrieval of UID/ Enrollment ID (EID)
- Order Reprint
Also, Read- E-Aadhar Downloads UIDAI, Different Process\Apps for downloading, FAQs… Read More
- Update details online
- Update via post
- Checking off ‘update status
- Requesting address validation letter
- Online address update status
- View update history
- Update at an enrollment centre
- Verification of Aadhaar number
- Verification of mobile number and email ID
- Locking and unlocking of biometrics
- Aadhaar and bank account link status check
- Logging of complaints
- Checking the status of the complaint
- Virtual ID generation/retrieval
- Paperless e-KYC
- SMS services
Vision and Mission of UIDAI
- The key vision of the body is to enable people with a UID and a digital platform to be able to authenticate themselves from anywhere and at any point in time.
- Good governance through the efficient delivery of subsidies.
- Compliance with the Aadhaar Act 2016.
- Create a procedural system of issuing, authenticating and updating Aadhaar numbers.
- Enable confidentiality and security of identity-related information.
- To provide Aadhaar to every Indian citizen while adhering to strict quality matrices and turnaround times.
- To assure the technical infrastructure’s scalability and availability.
- And to establish a long-term organization that would uphold and carry forward UIDAI’s ideals and vision.
Core Values of UIDAI
- Good governance
- Inclusive nation building
- Strive to provide good quality services
- Focus on continuous learning and quality enhancement
Job Application, Free Computer Institute Registration in India, Computer Courses Franchise in India, Computer Centre Franchise in India, Computer Centre Franchise Opportunity in India.
UIDAI Organizational Structure
The Headquarter office of UIDAI is in New Delhi and it has eight Regional Offices (RO) spread across India. One of the two UIDAI data centres is at Hebbal in Bengaluru and the other data centre is at Manesar in Gurugram.
Members of the UIDAI
- Saurabh Garg, The Chief Executive Officer (CEO), is the legal representative and administrative head of the Authority.
- Dr Anand Deshpande, Founder, Chairman and Managing Director of Persistent Systems is appointed as a part-time member of UIDAI
UIDAI Regional Offices
All the regional offices are headed by a Deputy Director General. Each RO consists of the Deputy Directors, Assistant Directors General, Assistant Section Officers, Section Officers, Accountants, Senior Accounts Officers, and personal staff in the support structure.
|Office by region||States or Union Territories covered|
|Mumbai||Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu|
|Delhi||Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Uttarakhand and Rajasthan|
|Bengaluru||Kerala, Tamil Naidu, Pondicherry, Lakshadweep and Karnataka|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh|
|Guwahati||Tripura and Sikkim, Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam|
|Hyderabad||Andaman and Nicobar, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh|
|Ranchi||West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar|
Aadhaar Act 2016
The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016, also referred to as the ‘Aadhaar Act 2016’, was passed on 25 March 2016. Given below are the key highlights of the Act:
- All residents of India are entitled to obtain a 12-digit Aadhaar number by submitting demographic and biometric information
- Once an Aadhaar number is issued, it cannot be re-issued to anyone else
- The UIDAI is an Authority established by the Central Government to oversee functions assigned under the Act
- ‘Authentication’ is a process by which the demographic and biometric information along with the Aadhaar number is submitted to the Central Identities Data Repository for verification
आधार (वित्तीय और अन्य सब्सिडी, लाभ और सेवाओं का लक्षित वितरण) अधिनियम, 2016, जिसे ‘आधार अधिनियम 2016’ भी कहा जाता है, 25 मार्च 2016 को पारित किया गया था। नीचे अधिनियम की मुख्य विशेषताएं दी गई हैं:
- भारत के सभी निवासी जनसांख्यिकीय और बायोमेट्रिक जानकारी जमा करके 12 अंकों की आधार संख्या प्राप्त करने के हकदार हैं
- एक बार आधार नंबर जारी हो जाने के बाद, इसे किसी और को दोबारा जारी नहीं किया जा सकता है
- यूआईडीएआई अधिनियम के तहत सौंपे गए कार्यों की देखरेख के लिए केंद्र सरकार द्वारा स्थापित एक प्राधिकरण है
- ‘प्रमाणीकरण’ एक ऐसी प्रक्रिया है जिसके द्वारा आधार संख्या के साथ जनसांख्यिकीय और बायोमेट्रिक जानकारी सत्यापन के लिए केंद्रीय पहचान डेटा भंडार में जमा की जाती है।
Also, Read- UIDAI Official Site, Services Provided, UIDAI Ecosystem, Job of UIDAI, FAQs… Read More
Enrollment agencies and Registrars are part of the system and help enrol individuals. A Registrar recognises by the UIDAI and they also appoint Enrollment agencies that help collect biometric and demographic information.
- Registrars: UIDAI has a registrar for enrolling individuals in Aadhaar and is a partner of UIDAI under an MoU. They must also adhere to the roles and obligations that have been allocated to them. They collect all of the information from the individuals. These registrars handle the entire enrolling process independently or through enrolment services they hire.
- Enrollment Agencies: With the help of appointed supervisors and operators, the enrolment agency authorised by the registrar collects biometric and demographic data from individuals during the enrolment process. These agencies are also in charge of setting up the enrolling centres, as well as data correction and updating.
UIDAI Finance & Accounts Division
The head of the Finance & Accounts Division of the UIDAI is the Deputy Director General (Finance). The Finance Division gives professional advice to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the UIDAI regarding any issues that have financial implications.
The Finance Divisions handle the Preparation of Annual Accounts, Expenditure and Cash Management; Performance Budget, Outcome Budget, and Budget formulation of the UIDAI
Finance and Accounts Division – Role
The main functions of the Finance and Accounts Division of the UIDAI are mentioned below:
- Finance Advice/ Concurrence
- Budget Preparation
- Internal Audit
- Expenditure and Cash Management
- Book Keeping
- Drawing and Disbursement
The Unique Identification Authority of India has developed a mobile app known as mAadhaar; which can be downloaded from the Google Playstore.
The following services are offered through the app:
- Profile creation – Aadhaar profile can only create if you have a registered mobile number
- You can lock and unlock your biometrics
- Virtual ID generation
NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022-23 Update, IMEI Tracker Update, DBT Full Form, Touch Typing Test, PMJAY CSC Login Updated, How to Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number, National Scholarship Scheme 2022 Last Date, Rajkumar Hirani Contact Number.
How to create your profile on the m-Aadhaar app?
- Type in the 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Ensure mobile data connection is active, key in inputs and click on the ‘Verify’ button
- An OPT will be sent to your registered mobile number
How to generate a virtual ID on the m-Aadhaar app?
- Choose the ‘VID Generation’ button from the side menu
- Either generate VID or use an already existing one
- You can see the VID on the screen
Grievance Redressal of UIDAI
Any queries or grievances related to Aadhaar enrollment and Aadhaar updating can address through Contact Centers set up by UIDAI.
- Call on the toll-free number – 1800 300 1947
- Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or File a Complaint
- Complaints can also lodge through post or through https://pgportal.gov.in/.
FAQs on Aadhar Card UIDAI
How can I get an online Aadhar card?
By Using Enrollment Number: Resident can download e-Aadhaar using 28-digit enrolment no. along with Full Name and Pin code. By Using Aadhaar No: Resident can download e-Aadhaar by using 12 digits; Aadhaar No. along with Full Name and Pin code.
Also, Read- UIDAI Check Status, Check Status with/without Enrolment ID, Charge, FAQs… Read more
Can I update my Aadhar card online?
You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). For other details updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email); as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center.
Can aadhar be done at home?
People can now make changes in their Aadhaar details online, without having to go to any Aadhaar Kendra. You can now update your Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address and Language Online.
How many days take for an Aadhar update?
Normally 90% of the update request completed within 30 days. There is no restriction on the number of Aadhaar links with the same mobile number. uidai aadhar card download