How to Add Mobile Number to Aadhar Card: Aadhar card is a 12 digit unique identification number which is considered an essential document for proof of identity and proof of address. An aadhar card is also required to avail of various government subsidies and benefits. Therefore it is mandatory to link your mobile number with Aadhaar. The reason you have to link your mobile number with Aadhaar is that all the secure online authentication happens through OTP which is sent to the number registered with your Aadhaar card.
If your mobile number was declared at the time of enrollment, it is quite simple to update your demographic details on your Aadhar card. In such cases, the process can be completed online. If, however, you have not declared your mobile number at the time of enrollment or your mobile number has changed, you will not be able to add your mobile number through the SSUP (Self Service Update Portal) portal.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Steps to Add Your Mobile Number or Email ID to Your Aadhar Card
- 3 Points of presence updated through AUA (Authentication User Agency)
- 4 How to Link Phone Number to Aadhar Card
- 5 Steps to Link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number Using IVR
- 6 Importance of Registering Mobile Number to Aadhar Card
- 7 Aadhar linking with SIM for new users
- 8 FAQs on Adding Your Mobile Number to Aadhar Card
- 8.1 Is it mandatory to register the mobile number in Aadhaar if I request an update?
- 8.2 Is it possible to register a mobile number online?
- 8.3 Do I need to submit any documents to complete the registration process?
- 8.4 What should I do in case I lose my Aadhaar linked mobile number?
- 8.5 Will the Aadhaar number change if I update my mobile number?
- 8.6 How can I enter my mobile number into the Aadhar card by SMS?
- 8.7 What if the Aadhar card is not linked with a mobile number?
- 8.8 How can I link my Aadhar card with my mobile number sitting at home?
आधार कार्ड एक 12 अंकों की विशिष्ट पहचान संख्या है जिसे पहचान के प्रमाण और पते के प्रमाण के लिए एक आवश्यक दस्तावेज माना जाता है। विभिन्न सरकारी सब्सिडी और लाभों का लाभ उठाने के लिए आधार कार्ड की भी आवश्यकता होती है। इसलिए अपने मोबाइल नंबर को आधार से लिंक करना अनिवार्य है। आपको अपने मोबाइल नंबर को आधार से लिंक करने का कारण यह है कि सभी सुरक्षित ऑनलाइन प्रमाणीकरण ओटीपी के माध्यम से होता है जो आपके आधार कार्ड के साथ पंजीकृत नंबर पर भेजा जाता है।
यदि आपका मोबाइल नंबर नामांकन के समय घोषित किया गया था, तो अपने आधार कार्ड पर अपने जनसांख्यिकीय विवरण को अपडेट करना काफी आसान है। ऐसे में ऑनलाइन प्रक्रिया पूरी की जा सकती है। यदि, हालांकि, आपने नामांकन के समय अपना मोबाइल नंबर घोषित नहीं किया है या आपका मोबाइल नंबर बदल गया है, तो आप एसएसयूपी (सेल्फ सर्विस अपडेट पोर्टल) पोर्टल के माध्यम से अपना मोबाइल नंबर नहीं जोड़ पाएंगे।
Also, Read- UIDAI E Aadhar, Benefits of downloading E Aadhar, How to download E Aadhar… Read More
Steps to Add Your Mobile Number or Email ID to Your Aadhar Card
The steps involved to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar or change your mobile number are as follows:
- Visit a Permanent Enrollment Center. You can find a Permanent Enrollment Center near you through the UIDAI ‘Locate an Enrollment/Update Centre’ webpage. Visit: “https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx”
- You will need to make a request with an operator at the enrollment centre.
- The operator will fill out the application form.
- If the documents need to be verified, the verification will be done by the verifier appointed by UIDAI, the registrar present in the enrollment or the update centre. The verification will be as per the recommendations of the DDSVP committee.
- The operator will then enter the details in the client software.
- After this, your biometric details will be verified.
- And this will then be confirmed by the operator and their supervisor.
- You will receive an acknowledgement receipt. This receipt will contain the Update Request Number (URN). Now you can use this number to track your Aadhaar.
Points of presence updated through AUA (Authentication User Agency)
- Fields that can be updated: Demographic field.
- Identity Authentication: Biometric authentication. However, UIDAI may also use other means of authentication. This may involve sending an OTP to your mobile number.
- Document Verification: Documents will be accepted by UIDAI, based on the Registrar’s verification.
- Acknowledgement and Form Filling:
- However, this process will be done by the registrar’s operator on a device which includes Biometric Authentication Facility (Micro-ATM).
- The acknowledgement receipt can be in the form of a printout or SMS or email depending on the type of request. For example, a request for updating a mobile phone number may result in a URN being sent to your mobile via SMS.
- For more details, you may visit the UIDAI webpage about updating details: https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/about-your-aadhaar/updating-data-on-aadhaar.html.
Also, Read- UIDAI Download Aadhar Card 2022, Steps to Download, How to Enrol New Aadhar Card… Read More
How to Link Phone Number to Aadhar Card
- Visit the website of your telecom operator i.e. Vodafone, Airtel, Jio etc.
- Go to Update/Link Mobile Number with the Aadhaar Card tab and enter the mobile number you want to update or verify with Aadhaar.
- And after submitting the number, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Then verify the OTP and you will get a consent message on the screen.
- Now enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Then the telecom operator will send a message for OTP generation and a consent message regarding e-KYC details.
- Accept all the terms and conditions and enter the OTP and it’s done. You will receive a confirmation message about Aadhaar and phone number re-verification.
Steps to Link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number Using IVR
The government of India to help all telecom customers provide a single number for linking Aadhaar with SIM using Interactive Voice Response (IVR) services. All prepaid, as well as postpaid customers, can follow the steps given below to link Aadhaar with your phone number.
- Dial the toll-free number 14546 from your mobile phone
- Verify whether you are a resident of India or NRI. Then press 1 if you are a resident of India to re-verify Aadhaar
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhar number
- Press 1 to confirm your Aadhaar number
- Then enter a mobile number registered with Aadhaar to receive OTP
- Provide your consent to allow the telecom operator to access your date of birth, name and photo from the UIDAI database
- Then enter the OTP received
- Press 1 to complete the re-verification process.
Also, Read- UIDAI Mobile Number Update, Steps to update Mobile Number… Read More
Importance of Registering Mobile Number to Aadhar Card
The government of India has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar cards with other documents and bank accounts. Aadhar card is one of the most preferred identity proof and hence it becomes necessary to register or update your active mobile number on it as well. So if you do not have an Aadhaar card, you can apply for one and get your mobile number registered with it during the enrollment process. Therefore, it is quite simple to update your demographic details on your Aadhar card if your registered mobile number is active. You can update the details online.
However, if your registered number is not active or your mobile number has changed; you will not be able to add/update your mobile number through the old SSUP (Self Service Update Portal); portal as it was discontinued. So, if you go through the offline route; the applicant has to visit the Aadhaar Enrollment/Update Center to register/update the mobile number on the Aadhar card. The entire process can take up to 90 days. Hence we also tell you the steps to add your mobile number or email id; to your Aadhar card through online mode.
Aadhar linking with SIM for new users
Users who wanted a new SIM would have to visit the nearest store of their mobile operators like Vodafone, Idea etc. to get a new SIM with Aadhaar. So here are the steps that were to be followed to complete this process.
- Go to the mobile operator’s store
- Then request for a new sim
- Provide a copy of Aadhaar for ID proof and address proof
- Use the biometric scanner to scan fingerprints and verify Aadhaar
- A new SIM will be issued after the verification process is completed
- The sim will be activated in about an hour
My Bangalore Mart, Create Paypal Account, Docsity.com, Udyog Aadhar Card, NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022, Neeta Ambani Contact Details, Digitize India, List of Fruits, Bhulekh Jharkhand.
FAQs on Adding Your Mobile Number to Aadhar Card
Is it mandatory to register the mobile number in Aadhaar if I request an update?
If you are using the SSUP portal to do any update; so it is mandatory for the mobile number to be registered with Aadhaar.
Is it possible to register a mobile number online?
No, it is not possible to link a mobile number with Aadhaar online. Hence you will need a Permanent Enrollment Center to complete the process.
Do I need to submit any documents to complete the registration process?
No additional documents will be required to be submitted to complete the registration process.
Also, Read- UIDAI Aadhar Update 2022, Documents Required for Updation through Online/Offline… Read More
What should I do in case I lose my Aadhaar linked mobile number?
To link the new number with Aadhaar, you have to visit the Aadhaar Update Center.
Will the Aadhaar number change if I update my mobile number?
No, if you update your mobile number then your Aadhaar number will not change.
How can I enter my mobile number into the Aadhar card by SMS?
- All residents can avail of Aadhaar service by sending SMS to 1947 from the registered mobile.
- Residents can do VID generation/retrieval, lock/unlock Aadhaar numbers etc. And by sending an SMS in the given format to 1947 from their registered mobile number.
NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022, Mobile No Tracker Online, Ayush Full Form, Mobile Locator, Free Career Guide, Simple Typing Test in Hindi, Driving License Download, My Individual Business, Niece Meaning in Hindi.
What if the Aadhar card is not linked with a mobile number?
You need to visit the Aadhaar Enrollment Center to make changes related to the phone number registered with the Aadhar card. You can also change your name, address, e-mail id and biometric details, among other details associated with the Aadhar card.
How can I link my Aadhar card with my mobile number sitting at home?
First, To connect with IVR (Interactive Voice Response) dial 14546 from the number you want to link with your Aadhar card. Now, enter your 12 digit Aadhar card number when asked. Then, you will receive an OTP (One-Time Password) on your Aadhaar-registered mobile number.